The LG Optimus One Thread

guru_urug

iGoogle
@sam u havent included me in the list of O1 users :sad:
Been O1 user for a year now, used to comment in this thread regularly before...that doesnt mean I dont love my O1. :razz: will resume O1 madness again, btw I was on Phoenix Rom for 2 months and was very happy with the snappy performance. Was waiting for andy to release bug-free version but since he is busy with ICS phoenix and taking too long, gonna try a new ROM. Which one should I try? Reading a lot abt oxygen..how is it? :)

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Glad to know there are much active members posting here regularly, and more glad to know many are returning.

Why I am glad, since I would require help from you guys, because my madness on O1 will begin from today!!!! :D

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Does .35 kernel have any advantages over .32 kernel on old outdated hardware like Optimus One? It just doesn't translate into better performance or efficiency...

X-jo

Broken In
halla, add me too.. 1yr of using LG OP 1 now..

current ROM - using Mik'o'Void Android 2.3.7, .32 kernel, old baseband.. its a cross between Mik's 6.5.8 and #void forever.

so far so good for me, lemme know if there is a better ROM, what i am looking for is stability and battery life.

Neo

Wait. problem not solved with CM7? something seriously wrong. looks like i'll have to install CM7 now.
wait..what do you mean?
BTW, today i just found out, after reflashing and all that stuff, USB storage worked with Goldenleaf's .35 kernel but USb tethering doesn't work with it. What the hell is wrong here?

@guru_urug, sorry buddy. added

Oxygen is snappy but with .35 kernel the blackscreen bug returns. so its upto you.

Blackscreen bug is gone with Goldenleaf's kernelx2 (.35).

Does .35 kernel have any advantages over .32 kernel on old outdated hardware like Optimus One? It just doesn't translate into better performance or efficiency...

I guess you'r wrong.
.35 kernels improves a lot of PERFORMANCE. Atleast this is my experience with it.

PS:Where is me on the owners list? :'(

guru_urug

iGoogle

.35 kernel offers better 3D performance, even the hw accelerated UI feels snappier with .35 than .32 kernel
If you dont play games stick to the .32 kernel since its much more stable.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I am unable to flash CyanogenMod [ [UNOFFICIAL][ROM][stable:6.5.8,testing:6.6.1] CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (Android 2.3.7) - xda-developers ] on my O1. I have tried the guides on the internet, but none works for me. Please help. I am completely confused about how to do this... :(

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^ why are you trying outdated stuff? CyanogenMod 7.2.0. BTW why are you unable to flash? some error?
Thanks for link.
This is what I did:
  1. Download ROM Manager.
  2. Click on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Wait for download to finish.
  3. Connect to PC and transfer .zip file to a folder on SD Card.
  4. Disconnect from PC, select Install ROM from SD Card, and guide it to .zip file.
  5. It shows thre options then: Backup Current ROM, Wipe Cache/Data, Wipe Dalvik Cache. I selected last two and clicked on Continue.
  6. Then it asked to click on OK to reboot into recovery mode, and after clicking on OK it asked for SuperUser permission. I allowed it.
  7. It rebooted to recovery mode, but its recovery mode of the stock ROM and nothing is installed. The phone acts as it was on the day of purchase... :???:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
install clockwork mod recovery. reboot mobile. now download twrp recovery. transfer it to sd card. reboot into recovery (using rom manager or 3 key shortcut). install twrp. reboot mobile. transfer cm7.1 zip file. reboot into recovery again & flash rom.

if for some reason clockword mod is not getting installed, install amonra recovery using terminal. code is given in xda.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Wait, I guess the ROM Manager is having problem to install the Custom ROM.

It rebooted to recovery mode, but its recovery mode of the stock ROM and nothing is installed. The phone acts as it was on the day of purchase...

It stops with some error right??

On Recovery, choose install .zip from SD Card, and locate the ROM and choose Yes.

Sometimes ROM Manager fails to provide the command to install ROM. I have faced this issue many times.

So do that manually on Recovery.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Wait, does recovery mode screen of O1 look like this:
[YOUTUBE]tw77POcfD8I[/YOUTUBE]
If so, then I wasn't in recovery mode :p And I am unable to access recovery mode... :(

Top Bottom