The LG Optimus One Thread

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Does ClockerMod (guess it's the right name) recovery works on v10d??? Do we have to downgrade to v10b??? HELP!!!

gmg9

in the kaya
strange thing happen to me while upgrading to froyo 2.2.2 v10e.

i am using win vista. first thing i noticed dat whenever i click the 'close' button in get phone info window of kdz after getting the phone details, the kdz crashed or hangs or stoped working as reported by windows. so i hav to forse close kdz.

while upgrading everything went well untill i got the same 'stop working' window msg from win. i was so frusted, i cant explain..
it was happened at this stage...

15:23:31 : Step Complete : Phone Reset(DLL Cmd)

(mine was nt 15.23.31, some other digits, cant remember). i thought i hav to redo all again, again i thought, i am using vista, maybe dats the prob as reported by some users. dat means i hav to change da whole win os. oh! wat a luck..

first the phone window shows 'emergency mode', then after few min. shows big green battery, and then suddenly went full black screen.

just before i was going to stop the process by force closing the kdz window, i noticed dat the hdd light on my lappy still blinking continually..dats means the some process, oviciously the upgrading process, still doing its work. bt the window says 'kdz has stoped working'. hw dats possible.
anyways, i waited for da light to settle down and stop blink like dat. so i, waited for whole 15 min.

after dat, i manually switch on the phone --- lg logo comes up -- then lg logo animation -- android logo -- after atleast 2-3 min the android sound came up -- then the system take atleast 8-10 min to fully working..

then i chked the 'about phone' section..and voila.. it shows android version 2.2.2 and kernel lg-2.32.9-march2011.
i really hav no idea hw this went successfully. anyways..

do u guys think i successfully installed the 2.2.2 v10e lg stock rom.
i heard some resolution increased to 480x720.. is it camera vid recording resolution ?? hw do i chk it ?

then i reinserted my sd card. all went well with it. i reroot the phone using gingerbreak..strangly it takes whole 15-20 min. to reroot the phone. then through rom manager i reflash the clockworkmod recovery..

hw i get into this clockwork mod recovery ??

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
strange thing happen to me while upgrading to froyo 2.2.2 v10e.

i am using win vista. first thing i noticed dat whenever i click the 'close' button in get phone info window of kdz after getting the phone details, the kdz crashed or hangs or stoped working as reported by windows. so i hav to forse close kdz.

while upgrading everything went well untill i got the same 'stop working' window msg from win. i was so frusted, i cant explain..
it was happened at this stage...

15:23:31 : Step Complete : Phone Reset(DLL Cmd)

(mine was nt 15.23.31, some other digits, cant remember). i thought i hav to redo all again, again i thought, i am using vista, maybe dats the prob as reported by some users. dat means i hav to change da whole win os. oh! wat a luck..

first the phone window shows 'emergency mode', then after few min. shows big green battery, and then suddenly went full black screen.

just before i was going to stop the process by force closing the kdz window, i noticed dat the hdd light on my lappy still blinking continually..dats means the some process, oviciously the upgrading process, still doing its work. bt the window says 'kdz has stoped working'. hw dats possible.
anyways, i waited for da light to settle down and stop blink like dat. so i, waited for whole 15 min.

after dat, i manually switch on the phone --- lg logo comes up -- then lg logo animation -- android logo -- after atleast 2-3 min the android sound came up -- then the system take atleast 8-10 min to fully working..

then i chked the 'about phone' section..and voila.. it shows android version 2.2.2 and kernel lg-2.32.9-march2011.
i really hav no idea hw this went successfully. anyways..

hav u guys think i successfully installed the 2.2.2 v10e lg stock rom..

I did. Even made the picture guide on xda. But i was using xp sp3

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@gmg9, yes this is how KDZ works. throwing up unexpected errors & giving phoneattack :grin:

don't know about the increase in video rec resolution. never heard about it.

sanket

Broken In
I am having some problems/queries with my O1. If someone knows solution, please help me .
1)When i open stock music player, no files are listed there though i have several mp3's on SD card.
2)When i open video player, it shows "no video". I have several videos in bluetooth folder.
3)When i open gallery, it shows " There are no items in your collection".
4) Im using poweramp full version. It didnt detect music files automatically, the files got listed only when i specified the path folder manually. Also, when i click on "library" in poweramp, no files are shown in any of the category (All songs, Albums, Artists, Genres).
:(
5) i have WIFI open network. when i try to connect my O1 with it, it shows "obtaining IP adress", and gets disconnected.
my phone is just 6 days old n im getting worried :(

Last edited:

gmg9

in the kaya
i tried to go into recovery when the phone was switched off by pressing the home+volume down+power at the same time. and then the phone stuck into lg logo. i think i mis-pressed the buttons and dat did a hard reset of the rom. not sure abt it ?

nw the phone wont start and stuck into lg logo for abt 10 min and then switch off automatically.
i tried to remove the sd card and then starting the phone. after showing da lg logo it shows " first mode started, udc_start() ". nw wats dat mean...?

guys plz help..
hw do i chk/go into emergnecy mode ??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I am having some problems/queries with my O1. If someone knows solution, please help me .
1)When i open stock music player, no files are listed there though i have several mp3's on SD card.
2)When i open video player, it shows "no video". I have several videos in bluetooth folder.
4) Im using poweramp full version. It didnt detect music files automatically, the files got listed only when i specified the path folder manually. Also, when i click on "library" in poweramp, no files are shown in any of the category (All songs, Albums, Artists, Genres).
5) i have WIFI open network. when i try to connect my O1 with it, it shows "obtaining IP adress", and gets disconnected.

I had never faced any such problems. Most probably a software issue. Some required Android service is not running.

Uninstall all app killers from your phone. Don't use them. Restart phone and then see.

If still the problem persists, backup your data and contacts. Then do a factory reset from Settings>>Privacy. Restart and check again.

Do you have stock Android on your phone? If you want, you might try installing a decent custom ROM, like Cyanogenmod 7 6.5.5... Its very fast...

If nothing works, you might have to take the phone to the service center...

guru_urug

iGoogle
Ya kdz is a notorious piece of s/w!!
I just used it now! Had to downgrade my phone to official LG firmware taking my phone to the service center tmrw or day after for cleaning.

I followed the steps to the letter still this s.hit application crashed mid-way and my phone was stuck in emergency mode!!!
Then restarted kdz with my heart in my mouth and chanting a few mantras hoping it wud work and started shaking my phone. Finally it flashed the firmware succesfully(atleast it says so :x ) Now Ive restarted the phone and its stuck on android logo. I'll wait for a while and see what happens.....

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
i tried to go into recovery when the phone was switched off by pressing the home+volume down+power at the same time. and then the phone stuck into lg logo. i think i mis-pressed the buttons and dat did a hard reset of the rom. not sure abt it ?

nw the phone wont start and stuck into lg logo for abt 10 min and then switch off automatically.
i tried to remove the sd card and then starting the phone. after showing da lg logo it shows " first mode started, udc_start() ". nw wats dat mean...?

guys plz help..

To go into recovery mode, shut down your phone. Then, press and hold Home+Volume Down+Power key. One you see the LG logo, leave the power button but keep holding the Home+Volume down keys until recovery appears...

sanket

Broken In
I had never faced any such problems. Most probably a software issue. Some required Android service is not running.

Uninstall all app killers from your phone. Don't use them. Restart phone and then see.

If still the problem persists, backup your data and contacts. Then do a factory reset from Settings>>Privacy. Restart and check again.

Do you have stock Android on your phone? If you want, you might try installing a decent custom ROM, like Cyanogenmod 7 6.5.5... Its very fast...

If nothing works, you might have to take the phone to the service center...
ohk. vl try it. should i remove taskiller also??
n what about wifi problem??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Ya kdz is a notorious piece of s/w!!
I just used it now! Had to downgrade my phone to official LG firmware taking my phone to the service center tmrw or day after for cleaning.

I followed the steps to the letter still this s.hit application crashed mid-way and my phone was stuck in emergency mode!!!
Then restarted kdz with my heart in my mouth and chanting a few mantras hoping it wud work and started shaking my phone. Finally it flashed the firmware succesfully(atleast it says so :x ) Now Ive restarted the phone and its stuck on android logo. I'll wait for a while and see what happens.....

I am really afraid of KDZ after hearing so many stories of bricked devices because of that software. I don't have any plan to use it ever...

Today, my phone accidently fell from my lap... down 50 centimeters from the chair. I didn't remember the phone was in my lap when I got up from my PC. It fell face first...

I think there is a small crack-like thing on the touchscreen. I hope its just the screen protector that is damaged and the screen is safe...

Sadly, there is no protection if your phone falls face first. All phones should be as strong as Defy...

ohk. vl try it. should i remove taskiller also??
n what about wifi problem??

Yes Sanket. Task killers are totally useless. They were designed for legacy Android builds... old version 1.5 or 1.6 builds.

But we are on Froyo and Gingerbread now... There is no need for task killers. They do more harm than good.

As for your wifi problem, is your wireless router configured as "WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]"

If its WEP security, please change it to WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] and then see if wifi locks on...

Cheers!

gmg9

in the kaya
To go into recovery mode, shut down your phone. Then, press and hold Home+Volume Down+Power key. One you see the LG logo, leave the power button but keep holding the Home+Volume down keys until recovery appears...

i think the button combination is menu+volume down+power to enter into recovery mode. if u use home button instead of menu button, the ph. will hard reset itself. dats what happen with me.

i chk with emergency mode by pressing volume up+return+power button. i still hav emergency mode available in my p500. so i can flash whatever rom want...right ??

how do i charge the phone ?? as i hav nt seeing any battery progress any where in the screen... plz help

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i am also suffering from the missing song & picture problem. song is fixed by a simple reboot, not the gallery problem.

haven't experienced the wifi issue. better get it checked. a simple update may fix the problem but better be sure & let the service center ppls handle it.

guys plz help..

not first mode, its Fast Mode. someone faced the exact same problem here, just can't remember the name. maybe siddhesh. anyway here is the fix: Revive a bricked P500 on fastboot mode.

also if you want to go to recovery, use rom manager.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
i think the button combination is menu+volume down+power to enter into recovery mode. if u use home button instead of menu button, the ph. will hard reset itself. dats what happen with me.

i chk with emergency mode by pressing volume up+return+power button. i still hav emergency mode available in my p500. so i can flash whatever rom want...right ??

how do i charge the phone ?? as i hav nt seeing any battery progress any where in the screen... plz help

I always use the Home+Volume Down+Power key combo to enter custom recovery. Personally checked it just now... works perfectly...

I don't know how emergency mode works. Lets hope your phone is safe. KDZ is too dangerous... Once your phone is back on, just install a custom ROM instead of wasting your time on stock ROMS which are slow and useless anyway...

guru_urug

iGoogle
Phone not restarting...following steps of this thread

[HOWTO] Phone not responding at all - last chance to repair - xda-developers

Seems to be working....flashing the firmware again.

@AndroidFan you are right about kdz, but atleast there are always ways to recover the phone. No one on xda has reported a totally bricked phone atleast.(I hope Im not the first one)
Regarding the phones fall, I know...feels bad when u unknowingly drop the phone and it gets damaged. My phone fell too once, but it fell on its back and the cover and battery flew off!! Just a scratch on the back panel. Luckily no long-term damage. Touchscreens are fragile in general,also our phone is no defy. Imagine how it must feel to have a 40k iphone with a cracked screen after dropping it.
I hope the crack is on the protector and not on the screen. But still dont fret, s*it happens! It wont hamper your experience.

BTW my phone booted :) kdz is a boon and a curse!!!

gmg9

in the kaya
I always use the Home+Volume Down+Power key combo to enter custom recovery. Personally checked it just now... works perfectly...

I don't know how emergency mode works. Lets hope your phone is safe. KDZ is too dangerous... Once your phone is back on, just install a custom ROM instead of wasting your time on stock ROMS which are slow and useless anyway...

ok..then..as u tried it urself, u should be right..thx

'back on' ?? means, phone is flashed with official rom ??

on some forum posts some user mention not to use rom manager/clockworkmod on lg p500.
instead use thunderg.. hav u guys agree with this ?? faced any prob with rom manager ?

whatever rom = official LG rom using KDZ.

do u mean i need to first install the official rom ... and then try flashing custom roms ??

Last edited:
Top Bottom