The LG Optimus One Thread

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Can anybody answer my previous question?

I can't restore my contacts using titanium backup, it just hangs at red lg boot screen after I restore contacts storage and contacts sync adapter...I used to do something similar earlier to restore contacts. Contacts weren't synced with google ( BIG MISTAKE)

EDIT: I think I just bricked my phone lol, Phone just isn't starting even after restoring back to previous state. :/. Will try flashing void #forever or something later and see if it works then.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think you are trying to replace contact app & not restore the contacts.

what is the state of your mobile? does it gets turned on?

gmg9

in the kaya
can anyone plz tell me which apps i use to root my lgO1 v10c phone ??

this problem seriously annoying...only 19mb left on internal mem.. dont getting any sms or cant install any apps :(
any of u guys faced similar type problem, hw u solved it..plz share...

Last edited:

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Idk how A2SD actually works, But try flashing DarkTremor's or any other A2SD. You must be using the software 'Apps2SD' right?. I'm really not sure how different they are, But what's wrong in trying :p.

Btw fixed my phone, but lost contacts :/. Got call log and messages back though wtf xD.

CYANOGEN IS SOOOOOOOOOO FAST :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
before flashing dark tremor's script uninstall app2sd. also you may need to move the apps manually. i have over 25 apps installed, many in phone memory to use widgets. & still 125Mb left.

gmg9

in the kaya
trying gingerbreak 1.20. bt one doubt is dat do i hav to copy the apk file to phone mem and den install in from there using file manager?? or just copy it to sd card n do the rest.

i hav inserted another sd card.format it with fat32. the original 2gb sd card i didnt format. bt after rooting my phone i will remove dat another sd card and re-insert the 2gb card again. hope this ok, right ??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
trying gingerbreak 1.20. bt one doubt is dat do i hav to copy the apk file to phone mem and den install in from there using file manager?? or just copy it to sd card n do the rest.

i hav inserted another sd card.format it with fat32. the original 2gb sd card i didnt format. bt after rooting my phone i will remove dat another sd card and re-insert the 2gb card again. hope this ok, right ??

Just install Gingerbreak from anywhere... doesn't matter...

Does your original SD Card include NDrive navigation with India maps? I had formatted mine without knowing what I was losing...

I had rooted my O1 (which came with V10B) with SuperOneClick...

After installing custom ROMS, never had to root ever again because all custom ROMS are pre-rooted...

siddhesh222

Journeyman
And It's also safer flashing custom ROM's through ClockworkMod than using KDZ to install original stuff, it has bricked far more devices than custom ROM's

EDIT: Btw anyone installed latest (the one released today) franco kernel?

Do NOT try it for now, It will misalign your screen as reported by many users and me

gmg9

in the kaya
Just install Gingerbreak from anywhere... doesn't matter...

thx .. yes i hav fiannal rooted my phone. now trying to install custom recovery. having doubt if android sdk/adb needs to be installed...

Does your original SD Card include NDrive navigation with India maps? I had formatted mine without knowing what I was losing...

yes..bt i never cheked if it has indian maps included.

I had rooted my O1 (which came with V10B) with SuperOneClick...

mine is 2.2.1 v10c.. so had use gingerbreak. works smoothly.

After installing custom ROMS, never had to root ever again because all custom ROMS are pre-rooted...

wat custom rom u r using. cm7 i guess!! if so, can u plz tell me, on cm7 page few things mentioned r not working, is those all fixed ?? do u face any problem or lag or hang issue ??

wat cm7 should i install? 6.5.4 stable or 6.5.5 xperimental ? any idea wats the differences when using those ??

siddhesh222

Journeyman
thx .. yes i hav fiannal rooted my phone. now trying to install custom recovery. having doubt if android sdk/adb needs to be installed...

If you decide to install ClockworkMod custom recovery, you don't need to do ADB shell and other complicated stuff ( a HUGE relief :p) and its more functional and up to date than other custom recoveries.

To install it, just follow the steps

1) Download 'ROM Manager' from Market

2) Click 'Flash clockwork mod recovery'

it's as simple as that. Don't bother install Amon RA custom recovery, its tedious and somewhat outdated now.

wat custom rom u r using. cm7 i guess!! if so, can u plz tell me, on cm7 page few things mentioned r not working, is those all fixed ?? do u face any problem or lag or hang issue ??

wat cm7 should i install? 6.5.4 stable or 6.5.5 xperimental ? any idea wats the differences when using those ??

Only issue is with radio, bluetooth headset and camera. I barely use camera and and others are totally ignored. So I went for CM7. It'll take time to fix.

Actually its like 3x faster than the original 2.2 ROM even with a fully loaded phone lol ( haven't tried official 2.3, but according to others its just a bit faster than 2.2

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^^ I use CyanogenMod 7 6.5.5... It is super awesome... very fast... smooth. Please get that one... Camera settings are fixed in it and it has integrated Franco's kernel...

To install custom recovery, use ROM Manager. No need for ADB from SDK.

There are a few bugs... but they are a lot less than found on LG Stock ROM...

The main thing I dislike about this ROM is GPS is not good... it was better in Froyo custom ROMS... but it will improve...

Mik's page lists the following bugs
Call via bluetooth headset don't work (crappy sound/mic).
Divx/xvid playback don't work (use MoboPlayer)
Camera zoom need to be refixed
Strange crash in Camera (Restore defaults in video mode)
ADW: Widgets: crash after Choose Catalog
Empty device serial number

I don't use bluetooth calling... but it can be a problem for some...
For DivX playback, I use Rock Player.
Camera Zoom does not work. At 5x zoom, it feels like its 2x.
Don't use ADW launcher. I use Modaco Gingerbread launcher. Its a lot faster and simpler...

Cheers!

gmg9

in the kaya
If you decide to install ClockworkMod custom recovery, you don't need to do ADB shell and other complicated stuff ( a HUGE relief :p) and its more functional and up to date than other custom recoveries.

To install it, just follow the steps

1) Download 'ROM Manager' from Market

2) Click 'Flash clockwork mod recovery'

it's as simple as that. Don't bother install Amon RA custom recovery, its tedious and somewhat outdated now.

thx a lot..u just make it so simple..hope i will do it and it will works perfectly..

Only issue is with radio, bluetooth headset and camera. I barely use camera and and others are totally ignored. So I went for CM7. It'll take time to fix.

i dnt use radio. but camera and bt headset i use when i go outside.. so i hav to compromise on dis to install cm7. hope the dvs will fix dis too.

Actually its like 3x faster than the original 2.2 ROM even with a fully loaded phone lol ( haven't tried official 2.3, but according to others its just a bit faster than 2.2

thx .. bt i actually meant difference between 6.5.4 n 6.5.5 when using..
do i go for stable or xperimental ?

siddhesh222

Journeyman
I'm using Stable for now.... I always prefer Stable stuff mostly, but its because of time constraints now... I don't have enough time to fix issues if I come across any (Not that I'm saying experimental one has issues).

Get stable IMO.

gmg9

in the kaya
So will the Samsung FIT make a good buy , there arent many in depth reviews on it .

trust me, i red a whole bunch of reviews and suggestions/opinions etc. for 1 month to buy lgO1 or go for fit. finally, i go for lgO1. just make sure u hav after jan,2011 make.

i can give u bunch of galaxy fit reviews if u want to. but just remind dat, it has poor resolution. and i guy from whome i bought this 2nd hand phone also was going for fit, bt at last decided to buy lgO1. and if u r just a user, use talk n sms, dnt need to bother abt diffrences. u can go for fit. bt if u r a experimental user like me, try to r*pe da phone every sec. then lgO1 is for u.

I'm using Stable for now.... I always prefer Stable stuff mostly, but its because of time constraints now... I don't have enough time to fix issues if I come across any (Not that I'm saying experimental one has issues).

Get stable IMO.

ok, thx a lot. i will go for da stable one.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Hey guys I've noticed my battery drains SUPER FAST after installing cm7, I had also wiped my battery stats... Who is the culprit? The ROM, 748 OC or the battery stats?

Btw I also heard there was some battery calibration hack? How do I apply it ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
wipe ext, cache battery stats, etc before and after installing the rom. use for a day then flash franco's kernel.

btw how much backup are you getting?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, facing some odd problems. Like whenever I reboot my phone all the settings and preferences gets deleted. Like A/c sync settings gets deleted, twitter login gets deleted, I need to type id and password again.

What's the problem??

And can anyone explain me CPU Governers?? What are they?? I set it to smartass but again on reboot it got changed to default interactive.

Top Bottom