The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
din't get that....sorry :-/
u mean disable the LG virtual modem under devices and printers?? (its the only one listed apart from LG bluetooth)

from device manager. if there is nothing listed, then skip this step.

maybe you can disable it from Device & Printer also. i feel it is the same thing.

gmg9

in the kaya
most likely your mobile was factory reset because Android didn't found custom recovery.

does fac. reset means fully wiptout all things including rom from the phone ??

well, i was stuck at LG logo while doing exactly that. i'll blame ROM Manager for that.

dats why i think i am going to use amonra.. do u knw any easy guide to follow and install.

after installing

CUSTOM ROM ---> NO
LG's ANDROID ROM ---> YES (kdz deletes custom recovery while flashing)

thx..

@gmg9 which one would u recommend...(hint: my first android bought 10 days ago....ask Sam for my IQ level :p )

look, i both ur n mine case, go for the first step first, and be patient. if u hav any doubts abt the first method (nt working or getting some wrong msg/error etc..) go with da 2nd step/method. as simple as dat. plz update us wat method u following and what happening..
will help others too.. thx..

gmg9

in the kaya
u mean disable the LG virtual modem under devices and printers?? (its the only one listed apart from LG bluetooth)

if u going to flash using kdz, u hav to do this. in the device manager windows under the modems section.. disable this before flashing.

SDK setup: a JRE is not enough to develop android... duh! only someone who just downloaded 31 MB setup over AirTel GPRS can understand the pain

u mean u using airtel gprs in ur computer to d/l all this.. ??

****!!!! 60 MB! That would take years....duh! i would better get going with the KDZ and stock ROM process....can sum1 plz give me a link...please please please??? ( too pissed to try...i thought it wud be like 10 MB)

to make ur situation more hell like..the roms r like 80-130mb aprx.. hehehe..
do one thing.. goto any net cafe.. pay for one hour..d/l all the necessary things..then follow steps.. u will lose may be 20-40 rs.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Dude gmg, I think you should stick to ClockworkMod.

Because Amon RA is really complicated. I had to mess with a lot of stuff like elevated command prompt, change directory ( Yes I am noob at cmd prompt :p), environment variables and lot of other mess and it took me quite a while to actually figure out.

Clockworkmod will get your work done faster for now, it's just: download from market and clicking on button. Also, if you have clockwork mod, you can keep Amon RA as alternate recovery. So it's a win-win situation anyways.

Goodluck.

RizEon

Broken In
@gmg9 yeah man, pretty off the topic but.... family changed home in my absence, didn't get a broadband/dialup cuz no1 used it....i only come home for a few weeks so never get time from eating and sleeping :D use gprs for mobile, usi se kaam chala raha hoon as of now :p

yeah i guess cafe tomorrow..

PS: got lured ny the name to try JDK ME - "micro edition"...size 116 MB only :p

gmg9

in the kaya

if u going to flash using kdz, u hav to do this. in the device manager windows under the modems section.. disable this before flashing.

SDK setup: a JRE is not enough to develop android... duh! only someone who just downloaded 31 MB setup over AirTel GPRS can understand the pain

u mean u using airtel gprs in ur computer to d/l all this.. ??

****!!!! 60 MB! That would take years....duh! i would better get going with the KDZ and stock ROM process....can sum1 plz give me a link...please please please??? ( too pissed to try...i thought it wud be like 10 MB)

to make ur situation more hell like..the roms r like 80-130mb aprx.. hehehe..
do one thing.. goto any net cafe.. pay for one hour..d/l all the necessary things..then follow steps.. u will lose may be 20-40 rs.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
does fac. reset means fully wiptout all things including rom from the phone ??

NOPE. only contacts, sms, etc. & maybe the downloaded apps too.

dats why i think i am going to use amonra.. do u knw any easy guide to follow and install.

easiest guide is to use terminal. place the 2 files in your sd card (not inside any folder) & then start typing. just avoid doing any typo & check the spaces between words.

Wow thanks :) I have the copy of void echo rom, but I actually don't remember the folder names, do you remember that ?

i have it, but at my home. if you want i can PM you the names by tomorrow mng if androidfan doesn't have it.

gmg9

in the kaya
wats the latest stable version of thunderg amonra. can anyone plz give me the d/l link to dat. i find 2-3 versions. which one better stable ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
even i am using airtel GPRS though a lappy using tethering. getting download speed of 15-18kbps constant.

@PS: got lured ny the name to try JDK ME - "micro edition"...size 116 MB only :p

:lol: well someone at Oracle doesn't know the meaning of micro.

gmg9

in the kaya
easiest guide is to use terminal. place the 2 files in your sd card (not inside any folder) & then start typing. just avoid doing any typo & check the spaces between words.

well..hat version u prefer for amonra ??

-------------------------

u know, what i thinking.. as the camera is too bad on lgO1.. replace it with a 5mp nokia or carl zeiss camera. hehehehe.. dnt knw if dat possible..bt build r also similer. so may be its possible.. i dnt any link in google for dat...

RizEon

Broken In
@gmg9 doing the SDK method...
cmd says waiting for device....
now what :| how long shud be okay before i consider it failed??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have used only 1.1.0 & maybe 1.2.0 or something like that. but as now 2.2.1 is out so better to use it: here

try with KDZ. i feel it won't be able to read phone info. if so, start shaking the mobile.

RizEon

Broken In
u know, what i thinking.. as the camera is too bad on lgO1.. replace it with a 5mp nokia or carl zeiss camera. hehehehe.. dnt knw if dat possible..bt build r also similer. so may be its possible.. i dnt any link in google for dat...

well how about the lens mount hack? putting a DVD lens in front of it....??

I dont remember where i read it, but my old CD drive's lens just doesn't come out..maybe sumday i'll take it to a blacksmith :p

@Sam shaking=????

As for KDZ, can't do that....need the stock ROM at <20kbps..... trying through SDK only cuz i found Eclipse in an old Digit DVD that just enabled SDK installation :D

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam shaking=????

first try to read phone info using KDZ. if it can't read, keeping the mobile connected to PC, shake the mobile & click on read phone info. if it reads means KDZ will be able to install ROM. but maybe you'll need to give a good shake to make KDZ start the process.

try shaking the mobile while making androidSDK to read phone info. if it fails then KDZ will be the only way out. cause it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to read phone info.

you can try download the android rom directly to your mobile if it allows.

i have motorola ROKR E6 & it allows. & so do O1. but if you are using some nokia mobile as secondary one, then you are most likely out of luck.

gmg9

in the kaya

damn!!...buddy, u get the same thing...plz follow wat 'sam' suggested.. make sure u installed all the required drivers of lg p500.
good luck...jst wait for the morning and do wat i says..goto cafe n all dat.. dnt puch ur ph. too much as urs n mine r both 10 days aprx..

--------

@all what cover/case u using for ur lgO1 p500 ?? how is the amzer sillicon covers..?? looking at same one on ebay for rs. 230+50 ...

RizEon

Broken In
wats dat gonna do ??
well it wud increase ur lense's focus... 1/f1 + 1/f2 - d/(f1*f2) = 1/F...final focal length...more than the individual focii... (sorry...i luv physics, esp optics :D).. but practically true too....specially useful for macro shots...there are sum tutorials at lifehacker.com i think...

yea..good idea! nw jst dont think abt the ph too much.. otherwise it will brick ur head like dat.. nt even xda devs can provide u rom/CR for dat.. :p

M not worried.....thats the best part of having a non-symbian phone :D:twisted:

just tell me..if everything else fails n i have to go to LG people...wud they come to know my phone is rooted, or will it be back to normal... cuz my accidental factory resets while trying to enter recovery did not affect my root access...

1. in KDZ fw updater, as soon as i click read phone info. it stops responding....
2. cant find the stock ROM...therz phone support tools for PC ..nothing else//

Last edited:
Top Bottom