The LG Optimus One Thread

guru_urug

iGoogle
@gmg9 what exactly is the status of your phone right now? Didnt quite understand your problem :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
on some forum posts some user mention not to use rom manager/clockworkmod on lg p500.
instead use thunderg.. hav u guys agree with this ?? faced any prob with rom manager ?[/B]

that was few months back. now it is fixed.

do u mean i need to first install the official rom ... and then try flashing custom roms ??
yes i mean that.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
ok..then..as u tried it urself, u should be right..thx

'back on' ?? means, phone is flashed with official rom ??

on some forum posts some user mention not to use rom manager/clockworkmod on lg p500.
instead use thunderg.. hav u guys agree with this ?? faced any prob with rom manager ?

do u mean i need to first install the official rom ... and then try flashing custom roms ??

I personally use Thunderg's Amonra custom recovery. It is sufficient for my needs. Clockworkmod is just as good as Amonra... use any one... does not matter...

As Sam said, if you are in recovery mode, you must install a stock LG ROM first before installing any custom ROMs.

Phone not restarting...following steps of this thread

[HOWTO] Phone not responding at all - last chance to repair - xda-developers

Seems to be working....flashing the firmware again.
BTW my phone booted :) kdz is a boon and a curse!!!

Good to know your phone is alive again... :D

Cheers!

gmg9

in the kaya
which of this method i should try first .confused!!! help..

1. [HOWTO] Revive a bricked P500 on fastboot mode (the SHORT way) - xda-developers
or
2. [HOWTO] Phone not responding at all - last chance to repair - xda-developers

i need to do a full rechagre before trying all this. when swichted off, i plug in the charger..first it shows lg logo and then..

fast mode started
udc_start()
--suspend--

is dat mean , my ph is charging ???

thx for all ur replies..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@gmg9

IMO, try the first method because your phone is probably in the Fast Mode. I don't have experience with this to help you out though...

EDIT: The first method is easy. I am sure your phone will be recovered and you won't have to install any stock LG ROM. Your phone is bricked because your custom recovery is corrupt. In 3 simple steps (as shown in method 1), your phone will be able to boot again.

Just download custom recovery image and android sdk. Follow the steps in the tutorial.

Cheers!

Last edited:

guru_urug

iGoogle
Good to know your phone is alive again... :D

Cheers!

Im glad too!! :grin:

@gmg9
You can use any of the two actually in your case. Im guessing this happened after u tried to flash a recovery.

If u want to use the short way, use the first link. With that u wont lose any data,contacts,etc. Even your ROM and root will remain.

The longer method is the 2nd link, but with that you will have to start from scratch. I mean re-root and install recovery+ lose all ur un-backedup data.

I wud suggest you try the 1st link. If things dont work then use the second one, which I believe will surely work in your case.

@Everyone
I was pleasantly surprised to find all stock apps in the original Firmware. I didnt even have to recover apps using titanium backup. Even Ndrive, downloads the maps(says its already purchased) just like out of the box. :grin:
So I guess I'll head over to the LG service center tmrw and act noobish if they ask if I have done any keeda wid the phone :))
I wanna know if cleaning the screen will mess up the sensitivity :!:

gmg9

in the kaya
thx a lot for the help replies guys..
trying the first method.......
will report back after trying.......
-----------

i am just stuck at the first step...

after executing "fastboot erase recovery" ...the cmd prompt show..
<waiting for device>

its taking too long..like 20 min hav gone...

what to do ??

frusted after so many attempts..going to try 2nd method..

-------------------------------

first method wont let me flash..because of the 'waiting for device" thing..
2nd method works but, strangely kdz didnt show successfull, but some error in the end. again, as my nasty experience with kdz, i did wait for 20 min this time unpluging the device.
then i unplug the device. did a h/w reset as per the instruction on the 2nd method. dont knw if this step is necessary. after wait 7-8 min at the 'android' logo, voila. i was greeted with welcome screen to choose follow onscreen steps to complete the set up process.

as i flash a stock 2.2.2 v10e rom, in the about phone section, i got the same :D ..
after a whole night notsleeping, pray n pray n pray..hehehe..got my device back..

thx a lot all u guys..u really rocks..

*** atlast i reinserted my sd card, but strangly it not recognizing any apps i d/l and installed. i did take a titanium backup..but feeling very scare to do a restore from dat.
and if i format the sd card, i will not get default apps/tools, some of which r very useful..like ndrive.. i try to start ndrive and its trying d/l my indian map again..bt the map is in da sd card.. very confused here .....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@guru_urug, O1 only understand 2 language: peace (plug & update) and violence (shake like hell & force KDZ to update) :grin:

@gmg9, you should have done a bit of shaking. maybe AndroidSDK wasn't able to read the phone (same as guru_urug).

try restoring app using titanium. at most it'll fail if something doesn't match.

dreatica

Dev
Whats the best stable rom for noob ? One of my friend purchased Optimus 1 today, and he wants a rom which is quite stable/excellent battery and no bugs. I tried to find out the old void, but the details has been removed. ?

Any suggestions ?

I wanted to install the official GB, but since he is new to the group I want him to taste all the roms before upgrading to the official GB..:p

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Whats the best stable rom for noob ? One of my friend purchased Optimus 1 today, and he wants a rom which is quite stable/excellent battery and no bugs. I tried to find out the old void, but the details has been removed. ?

Any suggestions ?

I wanted to install the official GB, but since he is new to the group I want him to taste all the roms before upgrading to the official GB..:p

how about ciaox's open optimus?

+1 for OpenOptimus and LOL

█║[ROM] openOptimus build 1.172.1★openScript 0.5.5★FK14.1★ThemeChanger★CMWallpapers║█ - xda-developers

[ROM] LOL v. 1.4.2 (with kernel 2.2.2+oc+lagfix)(+ how to create powermenu on LGP500) - xda-developers

I have a copy of Void Echo rom on my PC. If you need it, will upload on Multiupload...

gmg9

in the kaya
think i should post also why all this 'fastboot' thing happened.

after flashing the 2.2.2 v10e for the first time, i reroot the ph. and open rom manager. i saw on 'clockwork mod' tab it shows the version 3.1.0.0 installed. so i click the 'reboot into custom recovery' tab.
the phone rebooted, bt strangly it didnt go into CR mode, instead its just reboots normally.

so again, i open rom manager, i reflash the 'clockwork mod', and it showed dat its reflashing.. the yellow bar i mean.. after complete reflashing, again i try to reboot into custom recovery by pressing the 'reboot into cus...' tab. again it fails to enter into CR mode.

its like clockwork mod hasnt been installed. was very much confused.
so i manually switch-off the ph. and try to boot with pressing 'volume up+home+power' button at the same time. and just after then everything start acting abnomally.

so my confusion is this...
after reflashing rom (custom or official).. do we also need to reflash custom recovery (rom manager or amonra)..or wat we should do about the CR thing...
has anyone faced prob like me..

thx...

RizEon

Broken In
@gmg9
I'm stuck at fastboot screen as well....
downloading both the 7z and SDK method's files... (after reading ur post)
hope for the best.
:???:

All i did was forgetting to reboot after flashing CWR....went straight to reboot to recovery.... dunno if thats what caused the trouble...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
after flashing the 2.2.2 v10e for the first time, i reroot the ph. and open rom manager. i saw on 'clockwork mod' tab it shows the version 3.1.0.0 installed. so i click the 'reboot into custom recovery' tab.
the phone rebooted, bt strangly it didnt go into CR mode, instead its just reboots normally.

most likely your mobile was factory reset because Android didn't found custom recovery.

so again, i open rom manager, i reflash the 'clockwork mod', and it showed dat its reflashing.. the yellow bar i mean.. after complete reflashing, again i try to reboot into custom recovery by pressing the 'reboot into cus...' tab. again it fails to enter into CR mode.

thats strange.

so i manually switch-off the ph. and try to boot with pressing 'volume up+home+power' button at the same time. and just after then everything start acting abnomally.

well, i was stuck at LG logo while doing exactly that. i'll blame ROM Manager for that.

so my confusion is this...
after reflashing rom (custom or official).. do we also need to reflash custom recovery (rom manager or amonra)..or wat we should do about the CR thing...
has anyone faced prob like me..

after installing

CUSTOM ROM ---> NO
LG's ANDROID ROM ---> YES (kdz deletes custom recovery while flashing)

you too :glass-disagre:

gmg9

in the kaya
@gmg9
downloading both the 7z and SDK method's files... (after reading ur post)
hope for the best.
:???:

All i did was forgetting to reboot after flashing CWR....went straight to reboot to recovery.... dunno if thats what caused the trouble...

good luck mate.. :D dnt worry. u will do fine.
very carefully first read the whole steps/method and must read some user responds. then make sure u hav all the required things in ur hand. follow the steps.
one things i must mention here.. even after reading so many posts and waking whole night..the mistake i hav done while flshing with kdz, so everytime i was getting 'phone not found' . this is because, i forget to disable the 'lg modem driver'. so be careful, if its required to do so, plz make sure u hav done it before flashing any rom.

and if u r using windows, always reboot after installing new driver and as per da s/w instructions..
again..good luck..

Last edited:

RizEon

Broken In
@Sam...yup! :| didn't u check out my post back there??

@gmg9 which one would u recommend...(hint: my first android bought 10 days ago....ask Sam for my IQ level :p )

@Sam all hail clockworkmod! :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam...yup! :| didn't u check out my post back there??

nope. read after posting here. i always read this thread first then go for other threads ;-)

ask Sam for my IQ level :p

it wasn't your fault buddy. & no where is it mentioned not to go for recovery directly after installing clockwork mod. even i did the same thing once & was welcomed by LG logo that won't go away.

@Sam all hail clockworkmod! :p

:mrgreen:

@gmg9 & RizEon, add your username & rom details to the O1 ownerlist (hint: look at my signature).

RizEon

Broken In
i forget to disable the 'lg modem driver'. so be careful, if its required to do so, plz make sure u hav done it before flashing any rom.

and if u r using windows, always reboot after installing new driver and as per da s/w instructions..

din't get that....sorry :-/
u mean disable the LG virtual modem under devices and printers?? (its the only one listed apart from LG bluetooth)

@Sam...ownerlist- check :)

SDK setup: a JRE is not enough to develop android... duh! only someone who just downloaded 31 MB setup over AirTel GPRS can understand the pain

****!!!! 60 MB! That would take years....duh! i would better get going with the KDZ and stock ROM process....can sum1 plz give me a link...please please please??? ( too pissed to try...i thought it wud be like 10 MB)

Last edited: