The LG Optimus One Thread

noja

Bang! Bang!
I haven't yet faced any unmounts since 2.2.2 v10e update. even moved all movable apps to sd card. will post if phone reboots or unmounts sd card.

atin

Broken In
Thanks

I was referring to the unmounts. I guess it only happens with cards which have lower class.

hows A-Data BTW.Is it better than kingston?

noja

Bang! Bang!
I had class 2 card which never unmounted, bought class4 card, started un mounting like crazy. updated the firmware, aok!

Don

Broken In
Don't take me wrong guys, but if you are looking for a battery phone you should have purchased the dead OS symbian. :D

This thread is going just for battery stuff and nothing else :D

We are just comparing different battery lifes for different roms. I know battery life will vary rom to rom but I get half the battery compared to sam is just not acceptable for me. Because I'm getting really low battey then.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I'd say Kingston is better

both are good & famous. just check about warranty. some offer less warranty. & if you are getting a 8Gb card, seriously get a Class6 or higher.

We are just comparing different battery lifes for different roms. I know battery life will vary rom to rom but I get half the battery compared to sam is just not acceptable for me. Because I'm getting really low battey then.

depends on the use also. i hardly game or watch videos, so enjoy 1.5days battery life. if someone games non-stop battery will hardly last 6hrs.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Has someone tried Miui Music Player.
I gave it a try, but failed using both methods - flashing from SD card and pushing .apk file in system/app using Root Explorer.
Help! I m willing to make it my default Music Player :)

BTW - I m using Mik's CM7 6.4 (if it changes anything)

k4ce

Youngling
Thanks

I was referring to the unmounts. I guess it only happens with cards which have lower class.

unmount is not specific to card size or class ... it was a FW issue ...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have Amon_RA recovery on my phone with Void Echo.

I believe, in order to install Mik_OS Cyanogenmod port, I need to use Clockworkmod.

I hope nothing goes wrong...

now its like, if you want to try a ROM, flash a new recovery. WTH.

Is it ? I haven't been to xda for quite a long time, satisfied with my own customized rom.

If its true, you can make it compatible with other recovery. Google it. Quite easy if you know a bit about android terms.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
almost every rom demands a new recovery. thankfully void & Nessy works on any recovery (i hope). both gingerbreads needs their own recovery.

almost every rom demands a new recovery. thankfully void & Nessy works on any recovery (i hope). both gingerbreads needs their own recovery.

:O :O hv to check xda thn. bad job by the rom cookers.

edited : You can flash GB/CM7 through any recovery.

Last edited:

atherq

Broken In
Guys,
I finally bought O1, thanx to TGF n all its member who helped me taking this decision.

I hv already noted down the apps from this thread. Anything else, u ppl, would suggest for the new cell ? Any updates or ROMs ?

Thnx in advance :)

noja

Bang! Bang!
Guys,
I finally bought O1, thanx to TGF n all its member who helped me taking this decision.

I hv already noted down the apps from this thread. Anything else, u ppl, would suggest for the new cell ? Any updates or ROMs ?

Thnx in advance :)

imo if your phone works the way you want then there is no need to flash a custom rom on it.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Damn!

A Optimus One P500 here in Guwahati from a LG showroom costs Rs.11,500/-

Whats wrong? So high prices even now? :mad:

k4ce

Youngling

Not true ... I am using this custom recovery itself since the first time I started flashing:
Custom recovery Optimus One P500/Thunderg - Android Forums

And continue to use this to date ... pretty much tried all of Mik's and Andy's ROMs ... Currently on B6.3 ... And tried a lot of Froyo ROMs also with this ... never any issue ...

Not true ... I am using this custom recovery itself since the first time I started flashing:
Custom recovery Optimus One P500/Thunderg - Android Forums

And continue to use this to date ... pretty much tried all of Mik's and Andy's ROMs ... Currently on B6.3 ... And tried a lot of Froyo ROMs also with this ... never any issue ...

@Sam I think your doubts are cleared ? You can flash the current CM7/GB's rom with Amora or CWM recovery. :)

k4ce

Youngling
@Sam I think your doubts are cleared ? You can flash the current CM7/GB's rom with Amora or CWM recovery. :)

The Custom Recovery based on Amon_Ra is the standard recovery ... all will work with that ... Andy'd ROM would need some modification if u want to flash it with Clockwork ... Think it has something to do with the updater script AFAIK...

So Amonra is the way to go ..

Top Bottom