The LG Optimus One Thread

atherq

Broken In
Guys,
I got a new O1. thx all of u!
Can u pls suggest a good memory card too, tht wud be helpful, as i saw some threads here which were discussung abt sdcard problems.

I hv seen one card at letsbuy. [ Buy Strontium 8GB Micro SD Card at Best Price in India – Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews ]

Is this OK ? or u wud suggest smthg else ?
Thanx

k4ce

Youngling
Only thumb rule while buying memory cards ... ensure that it is Class 4 (preferably class 6) and above ...

noja

Bang! Bang!
the latest firmware update from lg solved the sd unmount issue so you can use any sd card.

ironfreak

Journeyman
Hey guys,... its funny i couldn't get time to transfer music on my O1 for a whole 1 week:wink:.. I just downloaded winamp.... which is best music player ?

guru_urug

iGoogle
^^^thts inbuilt in cm7

I use poweramp too...
anyway want to expt with a new rom. Which offers best performance?
currently using void echo with francov11 kernel

k4ce

Youngling
^ Simple answer ... Any Gingerbread ROM ... I use Mik CM7 ... at 600mhz with stagefright disabled, I get a Quadrant score of over 900 ...

Benchmarks aside, performance is brilliant ... no lags or such issues anywhere ... Unless you use a bluetooth handsfree, I seriously recommend this ROM ..

^ Simple answer ... Any Gingerbread ROM ... I use Mik CM7 ... at 600mhz with stagefright disabled, I get a Quadrant score of over 900 ...

Benchmarks aside, performance is brilliant ... no lags or such issues anywhere ... Unless you use a bluetooth handsfree, I seriously recommend this ROM ..

+1 I get over 1100 quad scores with no OC. :grin:

how much battery backup you getting, I flashed back to CM7 and not getting good battery as it was earlier. Already wiped the battery status with 1 full charge/discharge. Any tips to share ?

k4ce

Youngling
My procedure for flashing is this:
1. Wipe everything
2. Flash format-debugsystem.zip
3. Then flash CM7
4. Reboot
5. Boot into recovery to flash DT app2sd
6. Reboot
7. Boot into recovery to flash gapps
8. Reboot
9. Boot into recovery to flash francofranceso's tweaks
10. Use

I do it generally this way cos if I do get a bootloop, I can start over again... This process takes me about 15mins in all ...

On beta 6.3, after calibration: Avg 30~35 hours ... And bear in mind that I use 2g data connection which is on 24*7 ... if my fone is on, the connection is ... See this post to see my battery use stats ... This is my post on XDA regarding my battery performance with screenies ... check it out
[DEV][UNOFFICIAL][ROM][stable build: beta6.3] CyanogenMod 7.0.2 (Android 2.3.3) - Page 356 - xda-developers

Infact, if you don't use 2g(or 3g) and stick to wifi, this ROM will have a battery life comparable to pretty much any FROYO ROM ...

Actually, I was modifying buildprop and I think I broke my render effects (at least thats what I think happened), so flashed B6.5 2 nights ago ... will let u know the battery status for B6.5 ... but I already have a feeling it is better than B6.3

My procedure for flashing is this:
1. Wipe everything
2. Flash format-debugsystem.zip
3. Then flash CM7
4. Reboot
5. Boot into recovery to flash DT app2sd
6. Reboot
7. Boot into recovery to flash gapps
8. Reboot
9. Boot into recovery to flash francofranceso's tweaks
10. Use

I do it generally this way cos if I do get a bootloop, I can start over again... This process takes me about 15mins in all ...

On beta 6.3, after calibration: Avg 30~35 hours ... And bear in mind that I use 2g data connection which is on 24*7 ... if my fone is on, the connection is ... See this post to see my battery use stats ... This is my post on XDA regarding my battery performance with screenies ... check it out
[DEV][UNOFFICIAL][ROM][stable build: beta6.3] CyanogenMod 7.0.2 (Android 2.3.3) - Page 356 - xda-developers

Infact, if you don't use 2g(or 3g) and stick to wifi, this ROM will have a battery life comparable to pretty much any FROYO ROM ...

Actually, I was modifying buildprop and I think I broke my render effects (at least thats what I think happened), so flashed B6.5 2 nights ago ... will let u know the battery status for B6.5 ... but I already have a feeling it is better than B6.3

Thanks for such a long tip. I was missing "francofranceso's tweaks" which I forgot to apply. Rest all procedures are same, remember I was pushing digit members to flash CM7/GB and you were the one saying its bad for battery. lol

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
On beta 6.3, after calibration: Avg 30~35 hours ... And bear in mind that I use 2g data connection which is on 24*7

:C_badmood: i am so pissed. & i thought i was enjoying good battery life. yesterday with lot of GPRS use, mobile lasted just 20-22hrs.

k4ce

Youngling
Thanks for such a long tip. I was missing "francofranceso's tweaks" which I forgot to apply. Rest all procedures are same, remember I was pushing digit members to flash CM7/GB and you were the one saying its bad for battery. lol

Yeah ... absolutely remember ... well, till beta 6, battery was actually terrible ... And so, I was against ... But now recommend it cos it can be seen that we get decent battery ... If you see my post, u have like solid proof that it goes 35 hours ... :) ...

:C_badmood: i am so pissed. & i thought i was enjoying good battery life. yesterday with lot of GPRS use, mobile lasted just 20-22hrs.

Hmmm ... francofrancisco's patches applied ?

Top Bottom