The LG Optimus One Thread

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@dreatica thanks!
will install void or LOL.. both these roms have oc kernal.. so can i set the clock to stock 600? coz i usually will not need higher clock speed unless i start gaming again :p

@dreatica thanks!
will install void or LOL.. both these roms have oc kernal.. so can i set the clock to stock 600? coz i usually will not need higher clock speed unless i start gaming again :p

yes, use setcpu and change the frequency to 600mhz with boot. though changing values from 600mhz to 729 will not be hard for the battery, and you will see performance difference.

Use PDANet instead of LG PC Suite. Its much more simpler to use :)

why do you need third party apps for the Internet ? you can directly use usb tethering once you have installed the drivers from lg pc suite. You dont even need to run the suite or any other apps.

I generally hover close to 35~42 hours per charge ... depends on if I use location services or not ...

I run stock 600 during day and run it at 300ish at night (when I am sleeping) ...

Generally, I have more drain during weekends cos I play games ... During weekdays, dont get that kinda time

Thats nice, I don't use location services at all. freeze the google maps and other related apps. I use 3g services most of the time unless I get 1 bar of network. So, its good to get atleast 1 day usage.

^ my data is all 2g only ... so hence I save some battery as I don't use the WCDMA radio at all ...

Also, you dont need to clock lower in sleep mode, try the smartass governor , it will automatically lower the cpu clock when in sleeping mode. No more cpu profiles. :grin:
PHP:
Smartass governor
-
is based on the concept of the interactive governor.
I have always AGREED That works in theory the interactive way - by taking over the idle loop - is very attractive. I have never managed to tweak it so it Would behave decently in real life. Smartass is a complete rewrite of the code plus more. I think its a success. Performance is on par with the "old" minmax smartass and I think is a bit more responsive. Battery life is hard to QUANTIFY Precisely But it does spend much more time at the lower frequencies.
Also smartass will cap the maximum frequency to 352Mhz sleeping When (or if your min frequency is Higher Than 352 - why?! - It will cap it to your min frequency). Lets take for example the 528/176 kernel, it will sleep at 352/176

No need for sleep profiles any more!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
currently running @ 748(max) & 600(min) with scaling as ondemand. getting 40hrs+ backup.

BTW, this mobile's standby time is really great. i think it'll work fine for a week if one doesn't use it and just keeps idle.

k4ce

Youngling
@dreatica : I did read about it but it involves work as i need to incorporate it in the kernel ... Are you running Andy's ROM ?... thats the only one which presently has smartass know ?... BTW, I love the name

@Sam: Wicked battery life bro ... which ROM you using ?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Now I am convinced my O1 has a defective battery. But there is no way to prove it... I can see battery draining fast... Hardly lasts a day...

leo

Broken In
docomo shows roaming, even in home circle,
hence data roaming has to b activated to use 2g ,
cud this be reason for excess battery drain ,,

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

still in Void Echo. may give Devoid.franc a try in coming days.

Now I am convinced my O1 has a defective battery. But there is no way to prove it... I can see battery draining fast... Hardly lasts a day...

long way to before warranty expires. so just hope battery dies or develop some really bad problem so you can claim your warranty.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
Just Flashed LOL_V1.4.2 ! phone has become really snappy !! now doing some modifications n installing apps..:)
btw it already has a2sd but still the apps are being installed on phone mem.??
(i hav installed some widgets n facebook till now)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Just bought LG Optimus one with a 4 GB card.. all for 11k.. I think that it was overpriced but still it is awesome.. any apps you guys suggest?

@dreatica : I did read about it but it involves work as i need to incorporate it in the kernel ... Are you running Andy's ROM ?... thats the only one which presently has smartass know ?... BTW, I love the name

No I am using my own rom with that kernel based on froyo. I am not moving back to gingerbread until the final release is out, cant flash versions every 4-5 days.

Wait a while, that kernel for the froyo rom will be posted at xda. Its still under development. If you need to flash that kernel, pm me will upload and provide the link. Remember to use it on your own risk.

Forgot to add, it will ONLY work on froyo rom based on android 2.2.2.

k4ce

Youngling
^ Thanks for the heads up ... but i have moved back to CM7 b6.3 ... Will stay on CM only ... It gives me half the battery life of my ROM but CM is just awesome ... As far as I am concerned, CM7 b6.3 has everything i need ....

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
I can't find the autocomplete options when I type mail or SMS.. like the ones in iPod Touch. Where can I find those settings?

k4ce

Youngling
I can't find the autocomplete options when I type mail or SMS.. like the ones in iPod Touch. Where can I find those settings?

do you mean word suggestion ?... Install Gingerbread keybrd ... Never used iPod Tuch, so hope thats what yu are talking about

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Yeah.. word suggestions.. thanks.. will install it right now..

Thanks man.. this is exactly what I was looking for..

Don

Broken In
still in Void Echo. may give Devoid.franc a try in coming days.
40+ hours? How come is that possible? You dont use your phone at all or something?

No I am using my own rom with that kernel based on froyo. I am not moving back to gingerbread until the final release is out, cant flash versions every 4-5 days.

Wait a while, that kernel for the froyo rom will be posted at xda. Its still under development. If you need to flash that kernel, pm me will upload and provide the link. Remember to use it on your own risk.

Forgot to add, it will ONLY work on froyo rom based on android 2.2.2.
Hey dude could you please upload the kernel and PM me the link? I would like to cook it in my rom ^_^

Top Bottom