The LG Optimus One Thread

k4ce

Youngling
All you people waiting for gingerbread, let me tell you that mik's ROM is here ... I have flashed it a few days ago ... and after battery caliberation and 2 full discharges, I can confidently say that this is having no battery drain issues ... So, now is the time to jump from Froyo ....

I consistently get 26~32 hours of backup with data connection and sync fully turned on ... and the performance is breathtaking ...

My config:
Mik 6.3 + DT app2sd + Francofrancisc's tweaks + ondemand 600/425

Typical use:
1~1.2 hour of calls
few messages
decent amount of FB and twitter
corporate email set to push + gmail @15min refresh
Screen on time - 2.5~3 hours
Music - 3 hours (no DSP effects)
Gaming - Rio & aircontrol lite (30mins)
Zeam Launcher with 3 pages ... including fb, twitter and music widget

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
40+ hours? How come is that possible? You dont use your phone at all or something?

if i game, hardly 24hrs. if i don't game but use WiFi/GPRS, music then close to 40hrs.

gaming really drains battery. 30min of angry bird seasons & battery will go down by 10% :-(

Don

Broken In
if i game, hardly 24hrs. if i don't game but use WiFi/GPRS, music then close to 40hrs.

gaming really drains battery. 30min of angry bird seasons & battery will go down by 10% :-(

Its still good battery life. I probably get half battery life of yours. I use gingerbread though.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i used to get even better battery life but since a week or 10days, battery life gets reduced lot (30-35hrs now instead of 40hrs) even if i just use GPRS. earlier it was like 1hr music & battery down by 2-3%. now it gets down by almost 7-8%. & any kind of gaming kills the battery. maybe cause of the overclock. time to return to stock.

Don't take me wrong guys, but if you are looking for a battery phone you should have purchased the dead OS symbian. :D

This thread is going just for battery stuff and nothing else :D

k4ce

Youngling
^ Don't wish to argue with you but O1 has a 1500mAh battery and only a 600mhz proc ... It should do much better ... Most snapdragons have smaller battery and still breeze thru one day ...

And cmon, it's not like we can talk too much about performance .... most people here are still on Froyo ROMs ...

ironfreak

Journeyman
Hi friends,

I got my O1 two days back, bought from Lets Buy. I spent the days going through the OS and other features of phone, getting used to the touch screen keyboard:wink:... I upgraded from Walkman phone to O1. Guys i'm a newbie to the world of Android and I'm not any kind of programmer... I have soo many question to ask here... Before going for rooting and custom ROM, I will start by the basics operations of phone one by one.

1) How to forward sms to a group ? I can add multiple recipients but I hate adding 10 to 12 recipients separately each time. And I did not find any option to create a group... but I forward sms heavily on each day.. whats the solution to this ???

noja

Bang! Bang!
Hi friends,

I got my O1 two days back, bought from Lets Buy. I spent the days going through the OS and other features of phone, getting used to the touch screen keyboard:wink:... I upgraded from Walkman phone to O1. Guys i'm a newbie to the world of Android and I'm not any kind of programmer... I have soo many question to ask here... Before going for rooting and custom ROM, I will start by the basics operations of phone one by one.

1) How to forward sms to a group ? I can add multiple recipients but I hate adding 10 to 12 recipients separately each time. And I did not find any option to create a group... but I forward sms heavily on each day.. whats the solution to this ???

you need an application called handcent to do that. get it from android market.
the default sms app cannot sent messages to a group.

ironfreak

Journeyman
you need an application called handcent to do that. get it from android market.
the default sms app cannot sent messages to a group.

Thanks. I installed handcent... but how to add contacts in group ? When I open groups, it shows (0) contacts in them :( :(

Hey dude.. I find this Go SMS pro is better app... but again, there are no contacts in groups and no option to add.. :(.. what to do now ?

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Go SMS Pro does not read contacts from Sim Card. Only contacts stored in phone are shown there...

Handcent did not work well for me...

where do you get this menu - Edit groups ? I can't find it

Did you follow the step ?

Gosmspro- New msg- Groups- Gosms Groups- Press menu- Edit groups. I am using it to send group messages.

When you press the menu button- the first button from left- you will get the edit group option.

ironfreak

Journeyman
Did you follow the step ?

Gosmspro- New msg- Groups- Gosms Groups- Press menu- Edit groups. I am using it to send group messages.

When you press the menu button- the first button from left- you will get the edit group option.

Ohh thanks thanks... sorry my mistake, i did not read properly. Go SMS Pro rocks:lol:

By the way, does anybody know how to disable notifications from stock sms app ? Its irritating when u get repeated notifications from both apps. I plan to use gosmspro for texting.. SO i want to disable notifications from stock sms app... how to do that ?

atin

Broken In
Hey guys
i am thinking of buying a 8 GB micro-SD card for my O1.Have heard rumours of O1 having issues with 8 GB cards.Is it true?
Anybody using an 8 GB card.

thinking of buying A-data class 6 turbo card from play-asia.

let me know what u think

k4ce

Youngling
Hey guys
i am thinking of buying a 8 GB micro-SD card for my O1.Have heard rumours of O1 having issues with 8 GB cards.Is it true?
Anybody using an 8 GB card.

thinking of buying A-data class 6 turbo card from play-asia.

let me know what u think

I use an 8GB class 6 card .... no issues ... Haven't come across any such rumours so can't comment on why they fail

Top Bottom