The LG Optimus One Thread

leo

Broken In
i dint get a screen guard ,
instead got whts called as "cold lamination" - tht covers the entire phone (detachable battery case) all over
so it never gets peeled of off , just gets old and scratched over along period of time.
it costed me 40 rs.

does any one have any color other then black , ?

thnks a lot guys ,, i found lgpc suite on the sd card ,
i had tried searching it everywhere but here ,
and also downloading from lg site is glitched

and ,, pls , confirm , if antivirus is not required for this phone , cos , i have installed 4 of them ,

and why do u guys use apps2sd ,,
when u can do the same thing from settings , application , move to sd card

k4ce

Youngling
and ,, pls , confirm , if antivirus is not required for this phone , cos , i have installed 4 of them ,

and why do u guys use apps2sd ,,
when u can do the same thing from settings , application , move to sd card

Do not use any antivirus ... battery drain ... nothing else ..

About App2sd, not all apps can be moved to SD card ... so what app2sd does is that it totally disregards the phone memory and uses the ext partition on your sd card as phone memory (enable this feature if you have a nice high speed card ... class 4 and above)

leo

Broken In
i tried apps2sd , still it shows tht some apps cannot be moved to sd card ,

and i have lg pc suite 4 , and its not working and closing on its own after showing some technical problem
which pc suite do u have , and is it working well ?

and a tip - turn of background data usage , while using stuff like chatting etc.. it saves a lot of battery ,,
mmmm... i guess u all know this already .,, !

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^for what are you using the pc suite for? LG Pc suite as i heard is one of the most crappiest & buggy one next to Samsung kies.

k4ce

Youngling
i tried apps2sd , still it shows tht some apps cannot be moved to sd card ,

and i have lg pc suite 4 , and its not working and closing on its own after showing some technical problem
which pc suite do u have , and is it working well ?

and a tip - turn of background data usage , while using stuff like chatting etc.. it saves a lot of battery ,,
mmmm... i guess u all know this already .,, !

lol ... are u talking about the app called app2sd ?... thats not the one u shud be trying .... google darktremor app2sd ... u need to flash it via recovery and format your card ...

And thanks for the tip ... I know it saves a lot of juice ...

I use the PC suite to backup contacts only ... Its a really stupid piece of sh*t ... u r better off not using it ... no harm done if it doesnt work ... I wouldnt as much as care ...

aditya_dahunk

Broken In
Un Friggin believable CM7 2.3 is unbelievably snappy so i have now rooted 2.2.2 and installed CM7 V6.2

what else now guys which is a must must have cool android thing to do now....

k4ce

Youngling
Un Friggin believable CM7 2.3 is unbelievably snappy so i have now rooted 2.2.2 and installed CM7 V6.2

what else now guys which is a must must have cool android thing to do now....

flash francofranciso's patches ...

and I read that the modified devoid by francofrancisco is having similar performance as GB ... will try that ROM for a couple of days and report ... anyone using that ROM here ?

k4ce

Youngling
if it uses Ruigui's script, u need to edit it via terminal. See this:

[DEV] Script for tweaks (version 1.02) 18-12-2010 [Archive] - xda-developers

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
will ask in that thread. thanks for the link. if H/W acc can be disabled through script/folders it'll be great as it will offer excellent backup & also good performance.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have just disabled "Background Data" from "Settings >> Accounts & Sync"

I hope to see some increase in battery life.. How would it effect other apps on my phone?

Edit: Had to reenable background data because Android market wouldn't work without it...

Last edited:

k4ce

Youngling
I have just disabled "Background Data" from "Settings >> Accounts & Sync"

I hope to see some increase in battery life.. How would it effect other apps on my phone?

Edit: Had to reenable background data because Android market wouldn't work without it...

even google talk wouldn't work and u wont get notificatins when u receive mails or tweets ... its impossible to live without that ....

instead, i would recomend u use setcpu and use a lower clock when the phone is sleeping

guru_urug

iGoogle
using a lower clock while sleeping wont really help the batt life as even at low freq the procy consumes same amt of voltage...infact it may make it worse due to the constant scaling. read this

[TWEAKS][UPDATED 26/04/2011 - Flashable .zips] Performance and battery tweaks - xda-developers

specifically this part from the above link

Battery life increase for Dummies

Do you want some extra juice in your battery life? Does it seem that you lose your battery too fast? Then you came to the right
place.

Over the time I've gathered some information about our battery and while this isn't 100% proof (because all of us use the phone for different purposes)
I think it's most accurate:

The myth of having the lowest possible frequency on your CPU while it's asleep:

Having the lowest frequencies (122 or 248) set up, it's not good. Our phone doesn't change voltages while underclocking or overclocking (as far as I know overclocking
doesn't change voltages as well) so, and only talking about underclocking, having such a low frequency is bad for your phones battery and performance. For the battery
that's because it takes longer to wake up from sleep and the time that the cpu takes to scale from 122/248 to maximum instead of using it for processing power eats
your battery away. About the performance hit, well that's pretty obvious and it takes longer to idle up, so again, more battery drain.
Having read about this the last few days actually running in Performance Governor is pretty beneficial to your battery: it wakes up faster, it performs every task faster,
then it idles up faster. Yeah during "sleep" time having 122 frequency or 806 it's the same thing because it's not using its power for anything, it's just there idling.
In any case what I always suggest is TEST it up and see for yourself. If you don't want to run with Performance governor at least run with 480 minimum frequency, it really helps.

---

Why do you run with auto-sync, gps, wifi, 3G, firewalls, anti-virus, background apps killing your battery? That's bullshit. Most of you complain that your battery doesn't last as long
as it should...well that's not ROMs fault, I've been running with CM7 buils since the first builds and I never, ever, ever had battery problems even when everyone complained. Why?
Because I'm careful. If you don't need auto-sync at that time, disable it...if you don't need gps, disable it and so on. I don't know why people leave this stuff on even when they are not
using them. Firewalls? That's bullshit as well along with anti-viruses. They eat up your resources for nothing. Same goes for background apps that eat it up. Google Maps = bullshit. If
you used it go kill it after you're done with it. Same with Music app. Kill it after you've listened to your 1315618 songs. But DON'T use task killers. I can't repeat this enough, just
DON'T use them for your own sake. Same goes for 3G...just don't enable it all time if you're not using it.

No Live Wallpapers as well, nor 3D app drawers, these blow your battery away easily without you knowing how or why. Don't bother tuning your brightness down...you have a device, and
that's to be used. Why buying a mobile for 200€ and not using it's screen propely? It's there to be used, full brightness looks better, it's not by decreasing it down and hurting your
eyes that you'll get 21564561 more battery hours.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
Hey guys!! Finally downgraded, rooted and installed custom recovery on my phone.. removed the crapware... everything's fine but i can't open Gmail, whenever i reboot or try to open gmail error come up that it stopped unexpectedly n hav to FC it.. it happened after i downgraded.. but everything went smoothly.
any idea wat mayb wrong?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^ Uninstall Gmail and reinstall it. See if this solves the issue...

using a lower clock while sleeping wont really help the batt life as even at low freq the procy consumes same amt of voltage...infact it may make it worse due to the constant scaling. read this

[TWEAKS][UPDATED 26/04/2011 - Flashable .zips] Performance and battery tweaks - xda-developers

I went to recovery and patched franciscofranco script. What next? Does it increase performance automatically?

Cheers!

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
Alrite reinstalled gmail n its working now.. thanks Androidfan!

have to do a nand backup now,, should i do this 1 "Nand Backup + .android secure"?

n then install a custom Rom... i need good battery lyf, gud customization, n not much trouble as m new to all this :razz:.. So plz suggest which rom will be better..

n 1 more quest. , when should i install the mik_os' Kernal(touchscreenfix)? , before installing the Rom or afterwards?

Last edited:

k4ce

Youngling
@guru_urg ... when I go to sleep at night, I lower the clock and sleep ... this is cause I know I wont be waking up the phone for a solid 6 to 8 hours ...hence I save battery ... I drain about 6pc in 6hours with sync on ... infact my corporate mail is set to push ... without the lower clock, the drain seems to be significantly higher ... 12pc ~15pc ...

I do agree with what the post says ... if u turn everything off, any clock gives you the same result .. but I would like to leave my mail and messenger apps running all night ..

leo

Broken In
has one one got a good lg pc suite ,
i need to use internet on my pc via my fone

only android market needs background data , on .
for gtalk , rather use something like ebuddy , tht doesnt require background data .

how do u kill a task without using task killer or advance task killer ,

nice app discovered - compass

nice app - appreciate

@guru_urg ... when I go to sleep at night, I lower the clock and sleep ... this is cause I know I wont be waking up the phone for a solid 6 to 8 hours ...hence I save battery ... I drain about 6pc in 6hours with sync on ... infact my corporate mail is set to push ... without the lower clock, the drain seems to be significantly higher ... 12pc ~15pc ...

I do agree with what the post says ... if u turn everything off, any clock gives you the same result .. but I would like to leave my mail and messenger apps running all night ..

How much battery you getting by doing so ? I am using 234/729 and my phone holds 30hours with autosync, gmail, facebook,twitter (100+ tweets) etc.

Alrite reinstalled gmail n its working now.. thanks Androidfan!

have to do a nand backup now,, should i do this 1 "Nand Backup + .android secure"?

n then install a custom Rom... i need good battery lyf, gud customization, n not much trouble as m new to all this :razz:.. So plz suggest which rom will be better..

n 1 more quest. , when should i install the mik_os' Kernal(touchscreenfix)? , before installing the Rom or afterwards?

Nand+android secure+ext (if you format your card with ext partition)

Go for void as people's choice. Personally I would suggest openoptimus or LOL 1.4.2.

Flash the kernel after installing the rom i.e. flash rom, reboot into recovery and thn flash the kernel.

k4ce

Youngling
How much battery you getting by doing so ? I am using 234/729 and my phone holds 30hours with autosync, gmail, facebook,twitter (100+ tweets) etc.

I generally hover close to 35~42 hours per charge ... depends on if I use location services or not ...

I run stock 600 during day and run it at 300ish at night (when I am sleeping) ...

Generally, I have more drain during weekends cos I play games ... During weekdays, dont get that kinda time

Top Bottom