the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

rider

as Kratos
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Laptop RAM (CMSX4GX3M1A1600C9) - Corsair: Flipkart.com
can i add this to the existing setup for the dv6 6017tx??

NO..!! This RAM has frequency of 1600MHz whereas your laptop supports 1333Mhz. I am using Kingston 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM from 14 months. It works like charm.

LINK: *www.flipkart.com/kingston-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-laptop-ram-ktl-tp3b-4gfr/p/itmd947zwazhhhve

evil_maverick

Journeyman
NO..!! This RAM has frequency of 1600MHz whereas your laptop supports 1333Mhz. I am using Kingston 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM from 14 months. It works like charm.

LINK: Kingston DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Laptop RAM (KTL-TP3B/4GFR) - Kingston: Flipkart.com
Flipkart.com: Online Store
What about this one? ?

praveen786

Tech Master
Friends I need an immideate help.
I wanted to order recovery dvd for my hp pavilion dv6 6165tx from hp.
But customer is asking for screenshot of my computer in which only two drives shouls be listed which is by default created by hp i.e drive c and recovery drive only.
So somebody plz post ss of his my computer screen so that i can order recovery dvd for my laptop.

in my lappy there is a third drive which i m unable to delete or hide so frnds plz help me as soon as possible.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Friends I need an immideate help.
I wanted to order recovery dvd for my hp pavilion dv6 6165tx from hp.
But customer is asking for screenshot of my computer in which only two drives shouls be listed which is by default created by hp i.e drive c and recovery drive only.
So somebody plz post ss of his my computer screen so that i can order recovery dvd for my laptop.

in my lappy there is a third drive which i m unable to delete or hide so frnds plz help me as soon as possible.

Tell hp,that you are stuck in middle of recovery,and that recovery discs you created are faulty.Then hp will send you new discs.However your lappy needs to be within 90 days of purchase to get the discs free,otherwise you'll have to pay 700 rupees.

Chinmay91

Insomniac
I would like to know if the battery listed below is compatible with my laptop Pavilion dv6-6121tx. It is a 12 cell battery.

NEW FOR HP PAVILION DV6121TX DV6122EA 12-CELL LAPTOP BATTERY HIGH CAPACITY | eBay

rider

as Kratos
I would like to know if the battery listed below is compatible with my laptop Pavilion dv6-6121tx. It is a 12 cell battery.

NEW FOR HP PAVILION DV6121TX DV6122EA 12-CELL LAPTOP BATTERY HIGH CAPACITY | eBay

Poor quality, no reliability, and the chances of blast or damage in motherboard.

saurav_wow

Broken In
Hi,

Anyone updated their BIOS to F.1B? is there any significant benefit from F.1A?

Also does any one know if 6165tx supports UEFI installation mode for WIN 8

INFO on UEFI WIN 8..UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Hi,

Anyone updated their BIOS to F.1B? is there any significant benefit from F.1A?

Also does any one know if 6165tx supports UEFI installation mode for WIN 8

INFO on UEFI WIN 8..UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

F.1B is over a year old BIOS version. Most of the users are using this by this you can set GPU to fixed mode. It helps you to manually set the GPU. For this UEFI software the laptop should have HP Tool drive.

saurav_wow

Broken In
F.1B is over a year old BIOS version. Most of the users are using this by this you can set GPU to fixed mode. It helps you to manually set the GPU. For this UEFI software the laptop should have HP Tool drive.

Dear Rider,

I have F.1A BIOS and I have no issues in selecting Fixed mode in the BIOS, I can also manually select the GPU, within windows, hence I didnot bother to update to F.1B.

However I am interested now because of the UEFI installation mode of Win 8.., thought F.1B might be required.

Can you please elaborate on how should I proceed to install Win 8 in UEFI mode.. I dont have the HP TOOLs drive coz I made a clean install of WIN 7..?

I am ready to delete all partitions as I have all data backed up..

saajan4

Broken In
guys by pressing alt+ctrl+F11, my screen has become half! if i press again it becomes full but magnified! plz help! i tried ctrl+wheel but only the icons size is changing not the windows desktop size! but by pressing alt+ctrl+F11 i got full screen game....plz help fast!

Last edited:

samudragupta

Youngling
hi friends, from last 3-4 days my cp temp is around 65-65 degrees and motherboard is 64-66 degrees while watching movies, torrent downloading together. is this supposed to be normal. earlier it wasnt getting that hot. the coolsense is on performance mode. and i dont think so that i need to keep it on coolest for movies and general use. i watch movies on power saving intel graphics mode. should i contact hp. ive had the laptop since 8 months.

nimish

Right off the assembly line

Hey Rider bro..
need an urgent help from you.
why is bluetooth not working in windows 8
the device is ralink/motorola bc4/bc8 v 3.0 hs+

Please man help me out i've purchased windows 8 and now i'm feeling very bad becoz the btooth is'nt working.
i've tried all possible drivers.
Please do revert.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^
I once had a similar problem but on Windows 7. I just uninstalled all the bluetooth drivers, and restarted the laptop with internet connection alive and let windows choose its own generic driver. Worked for me...

rider

as Kratos
Hey Rider bro..
need an urgent help from you.
why is bluetooth not working in windows 8
the device is ralink/motorola bc4/bc8 v 3.0 hs+

Please man help me out i've purchased windows 8 and now i'm feeling very bad becoz the btooth is'nt working.
i've tried all possible drivers.
Please do revert.

Same here. But in my laptop railink chip has been replaced with broadcom 2070 bluetooth/wifi. Not able to access bluetooth. Tried everything, not able to run.

hi friends, from last 3-4 days my cp temp is around 65-65 degrees and motherboard is 64-66 degrees while watching movies, torrent downloading together. is this supposed to be normal. earlier it wasnt getting that hot. the coolsense is on performance mode. and i dont think so that i need to keep it on coolest for movies and general use. i watch movies on power saving intel graphics mode. should i contact hp. ive had the laptop since 8 months.

Time for service, dude. Call hp cc they will send you service man who clean your laptop and replace thermal paste. :)

samudragupta

Youngling
Time for service, dude. Call hp cc they will send you service man who clean your laptop and replace thermal paste. :)

Thanks bro, any suggestion for thermal paste. should i accept the one that the technician gets or you suggest any brand? is so pls provide the link. thanks a ton..
congo on more than 2.5k posts...

Chinmay91

Insomniac
I am having issues with my CD/DVD Writer. There are no problems while reading a disc from the drive, but writing files onto a CD/DVD creates bad sectors in the disc. I have used several programs such as ImgBurn, PowerISO, Nero Burning ROM 12, Native CD Burning etc. But, nearly all of them display this error "I/O Device Error".
The burn process completes successfully but the CD/DVD becomes unreadable i.e. the Verification phase fails and the above error is displayed. I have tried several discs and all discs have now become corrupt.
My DVDRW Drive is : hp CDDVDW TS-L633J. I have checked for firmware updates, but there seem to be none.
Please suggest some solutions.
TIA.

Top Bottom