the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I have the dv6-6121tx, now out of warranty
I'm facing the common 90B fan error on startup and another problem is that the fan noise in my laptop is more when integrated graphics are on. The fan noise comparatively reduces when using the GPU. And to my disgust the noise begins right from the time I start my laptop, even if its hours later I'm using it.
How is this explained and is there any way to get around this problem at my home or should I tend to a HP service? In the BIOS settings I have the Fan Always ON option turned off.

And what is the actual price of a genuine HP dv6 6-cell battery replacement?

Head to your service or call hp if u r still in warranty.However you should enable FAN ALWAYS ON..Restore default settings on BIOS.

As for the cost of genuine 6 cell MU-06 battery,Its around 5400 bucks.

tusharkeshri

Broken In
^^Its Catalyst 12.6 for me........

but in release notes for 12.6 or 12.10 6770m isn't mentioned and i have another doubt regarding after installeing will it cause another problems because some users awere saying that weren't able to see CCC (catalyst control centre).please clarify

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
@swiftsashi can you give me ebay link of the battery?

Sorry bro,I saw the mentioned price on flipkart...Will search it on ebay and update u tonight.

but in release notes for 12.6 or 12.10 6770m isn't mentioned and i have another doubt regarding after installeing will it cause another problems because some users awere saying that weren't able to see CCC (catalyst control centre).please clarify

12.6 is perfect for all users,I haven't heard a single issue with it from any dv6 user.As for 12.10,it works perfectly fine in dynamic mode.I advice you to go for 12.10 if you are under dynamic settings for GPU or 12.6,if u have fixed settings for gpu,like me.

BTW,my battery too failed last night,with some error code....and now it hardly gives 2 hour of backup in power saving mode...Luckily I had taken complete cover which included battery and charger under claim...I have got the claim approved,and the engineer is scheduled to visit coming monday.:-o
I was shocked how the battery wear rose to 57% from a mere 4% within just a few days and not so much usage.I can safely assume now that the life of HP battery is 1yr.All the members who have their warranty left should get their battery thoroughly inspected.

rider

as Kratos
Their is no warranty for battery. They won't replace at any cost until it comes in accidental damage cover.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
But they are replacing my battery.........i'm myself surprised,as while purchasing the extended complete cover,they had clearly mentioned that battery and charger will nt be covered.My lappy is 6 months out of 1st yr warranty,however when i complained,they promptly sent a new battery.Engineer visit is scheduled for monday...:)
Fngers Crossed!!

@ rider
I searched using ebay for cheaper batteries,here's what I got-
*www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=hp+mu+06+battery&_sacat=0&_from=R40

BTW,I have one of my friends using a non standard battery in his dv6-*www.ebay.in/itm/ATC-Battery-Laptop...Domain_203&hash=item56513c182f#ht_2435wt_1139
Its quite nice,and woth giving a try.I dont have reviews about other products.

tusharkeshri

Broken In
12.6 is perfect for all users,I haven't heard a single issue with it from any dv6 user.As for 12.10,it works perfectly fine in dynamic mode.I advice you to go for 12.10 if you are under dynamic settings for GPU or 12.6,if u have fixed settings for gpu,like me.

BTW,my battery too failed last night,with some error code....and now it hardly gives 2 hour of backup in power saving mode...Luckily I had taken complete cover which included battery and charger under claim...I have got the claim approved,and the engineer is scheduled to visit coming monday.:-o
I was shocked how the battery wear rose to 57% from a mere 4% within just a few days and not so much usage.I can safely assume now that the life of HP battery is 1yr.All the members who have their warranty left should get their battery thoroughly inspected.
After updating to 12.10 yesterday i am noticing a black bar in right side of laptop while playing games.

rider

as Kratos
But they are replacing my battery.........i'm myself surprised,as while purchasing the extended complete cover,they had clearly mentioned that battery and charger will nt be covered.My lappy is 6 months out of 1st yr warranty,however when i complained,they promptly sent a new battery.Engineer visit is scheduled for monday...:)
Fngers Crossed!!

@ rider
I searched using ebay for cheaper batteries,here's what I got-
hp mu 06 battery | eBay

BTW,I have one of my friends using a non standard battery in his dv6-ATC Battery Laptop / Notebook Battery for HP Pavilion dm4 dm4-1000 Envy 17 MU06 | eBay
Its quite nice,and woth giving a try.I dont have reviews about other products.

Good for you if they replace your battery for free.
All those batteries in the list are imported from US. Not a single seller is from India. :?
Can you ask your friend how many backup he gets from this ATC Battery? And how much time cart2india take to deliver.

achusp

Right off the assembly line
Im Interested in buying a lap within the 50-52k range, are any of these laps still available? and whats the current price if they are available?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Got a brand new battery,hp engineer didnt say a word and exchanged the 1.5yrs old battery!!!!!!

@ rider
The ATC battery is same in every respect......Backup is a bit more,may be because my friend has a core i5 powered dv6 6154tx.

saajan4

Broken In
guys none of the games are running in full screen on my 6165TX.. plz help!
tried everything in game setting and all.. i think the problem is in graphic card setting but i dont know the access the graphic card setting of AMD Radeon.

praveen786

Tech Master
Hi frnds i m new to this forum i purchased hp pavilion dv6 6165tx two months before now i wanted to upgrade my ati graphic card driver to latest ati drivers but on hp website only old drivers are availablee.
plz help me to update drivers to latest ati drivers.

rider

as Kratos
Hi frnds i m new to this forum i purchased hp pavilion dv6 6165tx two months before now i wanted to upgrade my ati graphic card driver to latest ati drivers but on hp website only old drivers are availablee.
plz help me to update drivers to latest ati drivers.

download this latest AMD Catalyst

evil_maverick

Journeyman
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Laptop RAM (CMSX4GX3M1A1600C9) - Corsair: Flipkart.com
can i add this to the existing setup for the dv6 6017tx??

Top Bottom