the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

ratul

█████████████████
I am trying to install F1 2012, but the game loads and when I press the start button(Enter key) the game crashes to the desktop. I have checked the solution on the net and COdemasters said the game doesn't work with notebooks. BUT if we switch the graphic card to fixed in BIOS then it works in the netbook as well. Many users of same model are running the game but I am not able to play. It is just keeps crashing. They suggested to upgrade the drivers. I did even that, installed catalyst 12.9 but still not able to play this game. Anyone here tried it? Or do you have solutions for it??

Please help me. I very badly want to play it. I tried very method and this is the last glimmer of hope I have!! :(
:(

dude, there's no way to play it on AMD GPU..
Me too facing the same problem, i have tried every possible solution, but still it won't just work on AMD GPU, S#!tty "CODE"Masters can't code it for notebooks.. :evil:
Had to run it on HD4000 only, so i don't think it'll ever work on AMD GPU... :-(

prasathlr

Broken In
Me too facing the same problem, i have tried every possible solution, but still it won't just work on AMD GPU, S#!tty "CODE"Masters can't code it for notebooks.. :evil:
Had to run it on HD4000 only, so i don't think it'll ever work on AMD GPU... :-(

I can't believe that premium Gaming company can't rectify such problems! Codemasters are NOOBmasters!! Trying since last 3 days. I have tried almost all drivers from 12.3 to 12.11 catalyst!! This is a shame!!

rider

as Kratos
I uninstalled the leshcat drivers as some weird errors started to crop up.So, I decided to install the original AMD Catalyst 12.10 drivers. But, according to their website info,Notebooks with switchable graphics are not supported with the latest drivers. Still, I downloaded and installed and chose "custom installation". It said "Display Drivers are up to date" although they are not.
How did you manage to install the latest drivers?

It's weird I am able to switch easily by using original catalyst 12.10 from days no issue. :?

saurav_wow

Broken In

my laptop (6165tx) has a AMD GPU (6770m)and F12012 runs perfectly fine.. getting 45-50 FPS in ultra settings, 80-90 FPS in mixed settings.. I play the game at a stretch for 4hrs - 5hrs without any problems whatsoever..

I am trying to install F1 2012, but the game loads and when I press the start button(Enter key) the game crashes to the desktop. I have checked the solution on the net and COdemasters said the game doesn't work with notebooks. BUT if we switch the graphic card to fixed in BIOS then it works in the netbook as well. Many users of same model are running the game but I am not able to play. It is just keeps crashing. They suggested to upgrade the drivers. I did even that, installed catalyst 12.9 but still not able to play this game. Anyone here tried it? Or do you have solutions for it??

Please help me. I very badly want to play it. I tried very method and this is the last glimmer of hope I have!! :(
:(

as mentioned above I have no problems running F1 2012 in my 6165tx.. i have always used my laptop in Fixed mode graphics setting in BIOS). so cant say if there are problems in switchable (dynamic) mode. having said that I dont see any reason why your 6165tx is not running F12012.

My suggestion would be to do a clean install of windows, use the default graphics driver that came originally with the laptop. Windows will automatically update to the latest driver.. (I do not (have not/avoid) install any graphics drivers by manual download knowing there are compatibility issues with switchable graphics. After you do a clean install let windows update itself..

Then change to FIXED MODE in BIOS..and make sure you are using High performance graphics.. while installing or playing F1 2012..
Do a install of F12012 from the disk(DVD) and wait for steam to update all 12 patches (abt 100 mb) for f1 2012..
your game should work now..

I can't believe that premium Gaming company can't rectify such problems! Codemasters are NOOBmasters!! Trying since last 3 days. I have tried almost all drivers from 12.3 to 12.11 catalyst!! This is a shame!!

I agree to the comment "codemasters are noobmasters" to some extent, but I believe your laptop is capable of running this game.. coz mine does..

sachin99

Broken In
Today i updated my laptop's driver to 12.10...Now when i try to switch from intel card to AMD its not working:-( The display simply switches off n force shutdown is only option for me.. plz suggest me some solutions..I tried reinstalling the old drivers but no luck:-(

rider

as Kratos
Today i updated my laptop's driver to 12.10...Now when i try to switch from intel card to AMD its not working:-( The display simply switches off n force shutdown is only option for me.. plz suggest me some solutions..I tried reinstalling the old drivers but no luck:-(

Completely uninstall AMD Catalyst Driver through CCleaner. Restart your computer. After that install the sp55092 drivers from hp india website. It should work fine. After that install your new catalyst 12.10 drivers.
If still you are facing the problem ask help from hp customer care they will provide you a technician for help.

saurav_wow

Broken In
Completely uninstall AMD Catalyst Driver through CCleaner. Restart your computer. After that install the sp55092 drivers from hp india website. It should work fine. After that install your new catalyst 12.10 drivers.
If still you are facing the problem ask help from hp customer care they will provide you a technician for help.

@RIDER..

since you are on win 8 pro and your laptop is a 6165tx, could you let me know if you are able to play high end games with out any problems as in win 7?
are there any other issues that you would like to point out?

i want to move to Win 8, however i dont want to dual boot, i just want to keep only one OS.. that is why I need to be sure if I can move to Win 8 with out any problem.
my laptop is also a 6165tx.

rider

as Kratos
@RIDER..

since you are on win 8 pro and your laptop is a 6165tx, could you let me know if you are able to play high end games with out any problems as in win 7?
are there any other issues that you would like to point out?

i want to move to Win 8, however i dont want to dual boot, i just want to keep only one OS.. that is why I need to be sure if I can move to Win 8 with out any problem.
my laptop is also a 6165tx.

FYI I upgraded to windows 8 recently and previously I was using windows 7 that came with laptop. All the games worked perfect in windows 7 with catalyst 12.10.
You should move on to windows 8 pro there is no advantage of keeping windows 7 now.

Last edited:

piyus_h

Broken In
New HP Pavilion HP dv6 6000 6102SA 6157ea 6153ea CPU Cooling Fan Heatsink | eBay

can someone confirm about this above link of heatsink+fan compatibility with hp dv6 6121tx . Please verify before u approve it.

samudragupta

Youngling
FYI I upgraded to windows 8 recently and previously I was using windows 7 that came with laptop. All the games worked perfect in windows 7 with catalyst 12.10.
You should move on to windows 8 pro there is no advantage of keeping windows 7 now.
did you buy the legitimate copy of windows 8?? even im thinking of upgrading to windows 8. Are the games working fine?

rider

as Kratos
did you buy the legitimate copy of windows 8?? even im thinking of upgrading to windows 8. Are the games working fine?

Well my computer is showing activated version of windows 8 pro with windows media center as I upgraded directly from windows 7. All games are working fine. Same as they were in windows 7 home premium, no change.

Last edited:

Dr. House

No Regrets
I have the upgraded to windows 8 PRO and there is no change in gaming performance. Not a must upgrade but new metro UI with apps is sorta new stuff.

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
Hello everyone here, I am getting a message sometime stating some memory problem error code is : 0*012fb234 referenced memory at 0*00000000. the memory could not be read , press ok to terminate the program, after contacting HP they have suggested self memory test in BIOS but no error was rectified, any Idea about this problem ?? Please help me , also, after struggling with Intarvo for 4 months and spending lots of money in STD calls , finally they accepted their mistake ( i was given 1 year extension instead of 2 years @Rs. 6360 ) and they are ready to refund Rs.1800 but again this is a complete loss because for further one year extension it would cost about Rs. 4000 but they are ready to refund only Rs.1800!! HP should take some action soon . Anyway , i always have requested Intarvo but i think now i have to take this matter to Consumer Court.Thanks.

Last edited:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
@ Gourav
As for your warranty related issue,try mailing you entire issue at rahamatulla.s-k@hp.com ......The contact person is S K Rahamatulla,Chief Customer Relations manager HP India. My fight with HP Ranchi services would have resulted in a court case,but I'm glad that he intervened and sorted out all issues to my fullest satisfaction.

@ ALL
I need a suggestion from you guys,is it harmful to use laptop at very low temperatures??The minimum temp at my city is now anywhere between 4-10 degrees.
For the past one and the half year of ownership,I've never seen the temperature of processor going less than 35 degrees,but yesterday I noticed the lowest was at 19degrees.I started taking regular readings from then.
Will that affect my laptop??
I'm attaching a snapshot below.Have a look at the processor and hard-disk temperatures.The snapshot was taken @12 noon,and the laptop was used continuously for the last 12 hours,with a cooling pad,with a 4 hour far cry3 gaming session in between.Note:-I switch the graphics card to intel hd after gaming,so its showing the last recorded reading.

*img707.imageshack.us/img707/5035/64584874.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Battery backup is anywhere between 2-3hrs on HP recommended mode and Radeon graphics card activated and 3.5-5 hours on intel hd and hp recommended mode.5 hours backup was achieved only while reading a pdf,and screen brightness at medium.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Battery backup is anywhere between 2-3hrs on HP recommended mode and Radeon graphics card activated and 3.5-5 hours on intel hd and hp recommended mode.5 hours backup was achieved only while reading a pdf,and screen brightness at medium.

I must say your battery is running very well. After one and half year usage, if its giving such back up, then its really good. On A/C / on battery use ratio ?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
AC:battery usage=85:15 with calibration thrown in every month.
But there is some issue,The battery backup will show 95 % for almost half an hour,and will suddenly decrease to 80%.The reading is not very accurate now,what it used to be before.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
AC:battery usage=85:15 with calibration thrown in every month.
But there is some issue,The battery backup will show 95 % for almost half an hour,and will suddenly decrease to 80%.The reading is not very accurate now,what it used to be before.

Battery back up reading is never accurate, neither temp. What calibration method do you use?

Top Bottom