the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

rider

as Kratos
I am currently using catalyst 12.10 and its fine for me. Download, install and check it works for you or not.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Try Leshcat drivers if you want stable updated drivers with best performance. The first installation is slightly complicated. All details and steps on their website. Just google Leshcat.

Aashrey99

The Prophet
Anyways, so in continuation to my earlier problem mentioned on page 113...

My system has been serviced. The support guy originally intended to replace the heatsink and fan, but ended up damaging the mobo and had to replace that too. After this, well my product and serial numbers got changed so I called them back. They took a day to respond. In that time I monitors system temperatures and found them to be elevated (nearing 60c on high perf with no load). After about 5-6 hours of the repairs I got the same fan issue again. It simply wouldn't spin. There was no air flow just like before. I reinstalled Win 7 in the hopes of it being a software issue, but that didn't do anything. Moreover I didn't even have coolsense anymore. Support assistant did not recognize my serial and product numbers so coolsense was not installed. Today those HP people changed my s/n and p/n nos, and since then I've reinstalled support assistant, still no coolsense, system temps are still near 60c and the fan issue has become totally random. Now the fan randomly stops, my system temp sky rockets and the fan keeps malfunctioning till I let my system cool. After than the fan starts working.

I told all this to the service center and got halfcock unsure replies. All the service center guy was saying that I will update your case..... some parts may be faulty (despite the fact that I just a new heatsink, fan and mobo). All the HP people want to do is change the parts and get over with it. There is obviously a deeper issue here. How in the world do I get this issue solved? Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Chinmay91

Insomniac
Thanks to @rider and @marvelousprashanth, I have now installed Catalyst 12.10 drivers from Leshcat. The game performance has improved but I see blurry text in games. All the graphics settings in the game(GTA IV) are maxed out. May be some tweaking in the Catalyst Control Center would solve the problem?

amey

Right off the assembly line
hey guys.. i was planning on replacing my hdd with a 120gb ssd. i have heard we can use our old hdd using a caddy but i dont have much idea on it. so can someone whos done this before tell me more about this and also where can can get the caddy and its price.
btw.. this forum is super awesome because it has helped me on many ocaasions. hats off! :)

Chinmay91

Insomniac
No, by blurry text I mean how Internet Explorer displays text, which seems to be slightly blurry when compared to Chrome. However, I am still experiencing screen tearing issues in GTA 4.This effect is especially pronounced when driving cars. VSync is ON.

Prongs298

In the zone
No, by blurry text I mean how Internet Explorer displays text, which seems to be slightly blurry when compared to Chrome. However, I am still experiencing screen tearing issues in GTA 4.This effect is especially pronounced when driving cars. VSync is ON.

this issue is related to vsync and triplebuffering. i also faced them in crysis 1 and all the STALKER games. You need to download D3D OVERRIDER and add it to startup and select the exe files of the games in which you are having problems and force triple buffering and vsync for them. google d3doverrider.

ratul

█████████████████
this issue is related to vsync and triplebuffering. i also faced them in crysis 1 and all the STALKER games. You need to download D3D OVERRIDER and add it to startup and select the exe files of the games in which you are having problems and force triple buffering and vsync for them. google d3doverrider.

can't we do it using Catalyst Control Center under Gaming>3D Application Settings, though i don't have any idea how to use it.. :p

sachin99

Broken In
@All anyone tried running CPUID HWMonitor on Win8Pro?? I Have this weird problem..Everytime i run the software win 8 hangs n force restart is the only option for me..Any solution guys??

rider

as Kratos
@All anyone tried running CPUID HWMonitor on Win8Pro?? I Have this weird problem..Everytime i run the software win 8 hangs n force restart is the only option for me..Any solution guys??

Uninstall it. Download and use the new version like I'm using 1.21, it works fine in windows 8.

Prongs298

In the zone
can't we do it using Catalyst Control Center under Gaming>3D Application Settings, though i don't have any idea how to use it.. :p

for some games that wont work. even the in-game option for vsync in some games dont work. i have that experience with crysis and STLAKER. for them you have to force vsync and tripple buffering with D3DOverrider. google it. add to startup and it'll end all headache.

ParaXite

Power User
Hey guys,
Help me out! Whenever I play games on my hp dv6 6165tx and the current goes, there is a drop in frame rates from like 60 to 20-ish. Now i've checked the power settings for the processor in the power plan (which I custom made) and set the minimum and maximum on battery life to be 100%, I've set my GPU to fixed on my bios so it is never on the intel gpu, I've changed the PowerPlay settings in my AMD control panel to maximum performance. What else is left? Even after putting everything on max performance I get a drop in frame rates when on battery. I just want my laptop to work as it is on the maximum performance possible even on battery because I have a generator at home and the current comes back on in like 30 seconds. What else do I need to change?

saurav_wow

Broken In
Yup. Everything works except Bluetooth. Can't receive files. Only send possible

I want to install Windows 8 pro in my laptop HP 6165tx, but did not since no drivers are available yet on HP website..
could you please let me know what drivers would I need to install apart from the ones that get automatically installed and where can I get them for Win 8.

Also what about HP software like coolsense, support assistance, on screen display..where can i get them for win 8,

Thanks

Top Bottom