the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
lid removed. Thanks. Any idea about the sliding particle or component that I mentioned?

Also, can anyone tell me the exact position of the fans to be placed below for the most efficient cooling, for 6121.
There are 4 wents below.

No idea about he sliding component,but whatever it is,get it rectified soon.About the vent location,most cooling pads have fans in the centre.I was in a similar dilemma,hence i got a cooling fan with 230mm diameter which throws air through all of the base.

I think HP has extended warranty process through 3rd parties only.
Recently I purchased 2 yr onsite extended warranty on my 6165tx laptop for 6250INR. HP gave me the contact of "Intarvo Technologies" & they did all the payments n all process but the care pack certificate I got was issued by HP only.
Now when I check on HP website also it shows the care pack details :)
So I think no issue in buying warranty through 3rd party provided by HP.

Dude did you only get an email confirmation or did you get a courier also??

sarthak

In the zone
Hi,

I was also getting this same issue of side black bars initially when I was playing CS1.4 on my 6165tx laptop. The solution for old games like CS1.4 to run on full screen which worked on my laptop is :---

go into the properties of your inbulit intel HD Graphic card ---> reduce the resolution to "1360*768". ---> select the Scaling option as "Scale Full Screen".

Apply

Now change the resolution back to "1366*768". Now run the game again. I hope it should run in full screen on ur laptop too.

CS ran in full screen but Age of empires stopped working :(

ParaXite

Power User
CS ran in full screen but Age of empires stopped working :(

The solution that the other guy gave is for intel card. I already posted a solution for the black borders have a look at that. Its for the ati card.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/155788-fix-amd-gpu-scaling-problem.html

lid removed. Thanks. Any idea about the sliding particle or component that I mentioned?

Also, can anyone tell me the exact position of the fans to be placed below for the most efficient cooling, for 6121.
There are 4 wents below.

Just to let you know if you ever have the lid problem, you can remove the battery first just by using a metal ruler. Put the ruler in the gap between the battery and the case and pull out. The battery is not connected by the latch. After that you can easily move the slider.

Also there are multiple vents on the underside so getting a huge fan in the middle is better than smaller fans. Get the notepal x from cooler master. Its a bit costly but it works great. My temps while gaming were about 5-10*C lower.

sarthak

In the zone
The solution that the other guy gave is for intel card. I already posted a solution for the black borders have a look at that. Its for the ati card.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/155788-fix-amd-gpu-scaling-problem.html

Age of Empires is also started working in full screen properly :)
And the only problem with your solution was that AOE doesn't run on AMD gpu. And the link you provided in the thread isn't working anymore.

I was thinking of buying hp dv6-6140tx but I wanted to know if the i7 processor is 2nd generation or not.? Do you get the same ATI 6770 card with a i5 processor .? Model.?
Also where can buy this laptop as it seems to be discontinued model. I live in navi Mumbai
Thanks

rider

as Kratos
I was thinking of buying hp dv6-6140tx but I wanted to know if the i7 processor is 2nd generation or not.? Do you get the same ATI 6770 card with a i5 processor .? Model.?
Also where can buy this laptop as it seems to be discontinued model. I live in navi Mumbai
Thanks
dv6-6100 series models are discontinued, better to buy new Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition.
Discussion here

Tintin.92

Broken In
Hey guys.

So, I've been following this thread for a while now, and I finally bought my own DV6 6165tx yesterday. It's been great mostly, except for a few problems:

1. The USB ports are kinda messed up. While my optical mouse works just fine, I've tried connecting my iPhone to all four ports with no avail. Windows makes its trademark sound when the device is plugged in and out, but it does not appear either in windows explorer or in iTunes, and in fact does not even charge off the laptop, which is extremely odd, because even if it were the iPhone's fault (which it usually is) it still does at the very least charge off the USB port. I specifically mention iPhone because I understand it works differently from most mass storage devices. Unfortunately I do not, at the moment, have an ordinary pen drive to test it with.

2. The C drive is a full 658GB, which appears a bit disorganized to me. Could someone tell me how to partition the thing, into say, a 100GB C and a 558GB E? I am completely new to the technique of hard drive partitioning, ands will need some step by step guidance.

3. Right off the bat, I upgraded both bios and graphic drivers. Is there anything else that needs setting up/installing?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
2. The C drive is a full 658GB, which appears a bit disorganized to me. Could someone tell me how to partition the thing, into say, a 100GB C and a 558GB E? I am completely new to the technique of hard drive partitioning, ands will need some step by step guidance.

You can use the windows partition manager, but it provides too less functionalities. Instead use either Easeus Partition manager or Acronis Disk director. Both will suffice. But do partition with utmost care as any mistake can render windows unbootable or data loss. Its a simple thing to do though, given once you do.

sasha007

Broken In
I bought a dv6-7000 customized version from the US with Nvidia GT650M 2gb , 1TB HDD , i7 3710 . Would i get the international warranty coverage for the laptop in India as well .??

I'm specially concerened since the GT650M is not an option on any of the preshipped models here .

Plz reply ...

rider

as Kratos
I bought a dv6-7000 customized version from the US with Nvidia GT650M 2gb , 1TB HDD , i7 3710 . Would i get the international warranty coverage for the laptop in India as well .??

I'm specially concerened since the GT650M is not an option on any of the preshipped models here .

Plz reply ...

Miss, you bought a laptop with an awesome configuration. I would like you to ask hp india about your warranty.
Call 1800112267.

Last edited:

Tintin.92

Broken In
You can use the windows partition manager, but it provides too less functionalities. Instead use either Easeus Partition manager or Acronis Disk director. Both will suffice. But do partition with utmost care as any mistake can render windows unbootable or data loss. Its a simple thing to do though, given once you do.

Could you post a tutorial please?

rider

as Kratos
Latest News-dv6 7010tx model is now discontinued,instead 7040tx is available.
It seems like they upgraded two thing HDD from 640GB to 750GB and 3k more in price tag. :-D
If hp wants to stay in the market they should put GT 640M 2GB DDR3 at any cost.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
It seems like they upgraded two thing HDD from 640GB to 750GB and 3k more in price tag. :-D
If hp wants to stay in the market they should put GT 640M 2GB DDR3 at any cost.

Exactly,One must not forget that it was only the GPU HD6770M which singlehandedly gave hp an advantage,something which made users ignore its weak points and look beyond mighty feature loaded laptops like XPS and Vaio. A strong GPU was its USP.Current gen dv6 has none. :evil::twisted:

And as if it were not enough,they have pitched their dv6 bang smack against the XPS in terms of pricing.

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
dv6-6100 series models are discontinued, better to buy new Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition.
Discussion here

yes, i today visited dell showroom in nehru place and the guy told me that a model @Rs. 63724 is available with configuration-
I7 3rd gen 3.1ghz (turbo boosted), 4GB ram, 1TB HDD, AMD 7730 2gb, w7prem. , 2yr. full physical warranty (even on battery and liquid damage).

The main concern for me was that he told there's no numpad in 15.6" also.. :(

rider

as Kratos
Online price is much less 58.8k (included taxes) with 1 year warranty.
Tell me the needs to buy laptop at such a high price range?

ratul

█████████████████
Online price is much less 58.8k (included taxes) with 1 year warranty.
Tell me the needs to buy laptop at such a high price range?

Yeah, if you include 2yr protection, the price will be the same then..

High range?? :shock: it's the same as 6165tx.. :twisted:

Top Bottom