the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

samudragupta

Youngling
Tell me a laptop which has such powerful GPU and CPU getting less than 50*C after 16 hours of use. :duh2:
XPS has no cooling software it gets above 60*C after 12 hours of use.
I've experience of many core-i7 and powerful GPU laptops from 2 years and its coolest among all.

It's not a joke which laptop with so much high conf remain below 50*C after using 16 hours of use?

thanks that relieves me.... i have purchased battlefield 2, 3 and medal of honour 2010 from origin website since they have discounts... i will start gaming by end of this week.. i hope you are right since i will now be putting this beast to the correct test since i have got it...:mrgreen:

rider

as Kratos
thanks that relieves me.... i have purchased battlefield 2, 3 and medal of honour 2010 from origin website since they have discounts... i will start gaming by end of this week.. i hope you are right since i will now be putting this beast to the correct test since i have got it...:mrgreen:

You guys can trust me I used many laptops with gaming aspect. And a non 6165tx or any non core-i7 user cant tell me I'm crazy, he has no right unless he has any. Play battlefield and tell me if you get above 85*C in GPU.

You guys can trust me I used many laptops with gaming aspect. And a non 6165tx or any non core-i7 user cant tell me I'm crazy, he has no right unless he has any. Play battlefield and tell me if you get above 85*C in GPU.

Well, my on my brother's 6165tx i got 88, while running 2 browsers on the backgroud (firefox n Rockmelt) n a video on vlc n a mp3 in wmp.. also, a photo opened in gallery.

:nanananana: :hyper:

samudragupta

Youngling
sure thing i hope its a loyal beast and doesnt let me down!!!
Well, my on my brother's 6165tx i got 88, while running 2 browsers on the backgroud (firefox n Rockmelt) n a video on vlc n a mp3 in wmp.. also, a photo opened in gallery.

thats crazy and i think its way too much!! i think 70 would have been ideal for the multi-tasking you mentioned!!!

rider

as Kratos
There was a "beep" sound, then a "tak" sound inside the system. Speakers were mute.
Any idea what that might be?

It is some serious issue call hp india and tell your problem. :shock:

88*C on without gaming :shock: there is a some serious error in that laptop, I never get that much temperature in browsing, right now I'm running chrome (15 tabs) and firefox (5 tabs), wmp, msword, utorrent. Laptop running from 7-8 days non-stop. Average core temperature is 49*C. :|

samudragupta

Youngling

88*C on without gaming :shock: there is a some serious error in that laptop, I never get that much temperature in browsing, right now I'm running chrome (15 tabs) and firefox (5 tabs), wmp, msword, utorrent. Laptop running from 7-8 days non-stop. Average core temperature is 49*C. :|
you mean not turned off at all even at nights??? :shock: i remember you mentioning this earlier as well... thats crazy... i have also kept my laptop on this morning since 11am to download BF 2 and 3 and may be on for the next 2 days or so... BTW what do you think will be your lappy's life with your usage pattern? i mean do you think it may last 4yrs or so??

sure thing i hope its a loyal beast and doesnt let me down!!!

thats crazy and i think its way too much!! i think 70 would have been ideal for the multi-tasking you mentioned!!!

No, it tisnt, those things were on the background, i was playing, mm i think BF3..

No, i meant while playing games ie BF3, those were on background.
N with utorrent and orbit, and IDM on background too.

Well, dude, should i call hp bout my 6154tx problem.
Temprature going 90, 94??
ha?

rider

as Kratos
No, it tisnt, those things were on the background, i was playing, mm i think BF3..

No, i meant while playing games ie BF3, those were on background.
N with utorrent and orbit, and IDM on background too.

Well, dude, should i call hp bout my 6154tx problem.
Temprature going 90, 94??
ha?

Above 90*C is a serious issue for ur laptop, call hp and tell your problem.

Hey guys.
As u know i installed the a new windows installed all new drivers then this problem occured..I saw my amd ati Game settings, everything was at max..
And my usual is, everything low, except tripple buffering..
So, i did that. and now temps got 3 or 4 or 5 degrees LESS !
:D
But, temps are still
CPU-91 Max
MOTHERBOARD-92 Max
GPU-90 Max

Btw, this happens when playing max payne 3,i dont know if this happens while playing other games, bcoz i dont have any other game installed ryt now.
Should i check the temps are installing any other game and playing it?
Maybe, MP# is too extreme for my GPU eh?

prasathlr

Broken In
Its been 3 months since i bought 6165tx, there seems to be a peculiar problem!!

My Laptop hangs suddenly, without no reason!! I mean there wont be anything running, sometimes when am on desktop it hangs!! I wait for more than 10 mins still It wont resume, then I have to Long press the power button and start it!!

Is there any problem with the Default Windows 7 Home premium? Anyone else faced this? Any solutions??

Getting so irritated, other than this else everything is fine!!

Please let me knw! :)

My Laptop hangs suddenly, without no reason!! I mean there wont be anything running, sometimes when am on desktop it hangs!! I wait for more than 10 mins still It wont resume, then I have to Long press the power button and start it!!

Is there any problem with the Default Windows 7 Home premium? Anyone else faced this? Any solutions??

Dude, this is default windows problem.
Mine 6154tx had this, i installed new windows, it was gone..
Only soln., i tried using kaspersky etc, nothing worked, but try scanning it with hp support assistance, then maintenance .
Hope it helps.
:cool:

rider

as Kratos

Yea! It's an operating system error use window recovery and get rid of it.

samudragupta

Youngling
i've been facing problems with vlc ever since i got the lappy 2 months back. if i play a video via vlc after sometime i get an error "display driver stopped working" and the screen blacks out and comes back again. and then i have to restart the lappy to play via vlc again. however, i can play the same videos via windows media player without any issues... i dont think its a driver issue since wmp can easily handle the videos? any idea what may be wrong!!

you mean not turned off at all even at nights??? :shock: i remember you mentioning this earlier as well... thats crazy... i have also kept my laptop on this morning since 11am to download BF 2 and 3 and may be on for the next 2 days or so... BTW what do you think will be your lappy's life with your usage pattern? i mean do you think it may last 4yrs or so??

Download games. pirated boy.. :doogone:

i've been facing problems with vlc ever since i got the lappy 2 months back. if i play a video via vlc after sometime i get an error "display driver stopped working" and the screen blacks out and comes back again. and then i have to restart the lappy to play via vlc again. however, i can play the same videos via windows media player without any issues... i dont think its a driver issue since wmp can easily handle the videos? any idea what may be wrong!!

reinstall vlc, doesnt work!
reinstall driver, m sure it will work.
if it doesnt work, download all plugins of vlc.. sometimes they create problems..
Though, i was having these probs while playing MP3 so i reinstalled my drivers and games, it worked..
:-D

samudragupta

Youngling
Download games. pirated boy.. :doogone:

reinstall vlc, doesnt work!
reinstall driver, m sure it will work.
if it doesnt work, download all plugins of vlc.. sometimes they create problems..
Though, i was having these probs while playing MP3 so i reinstalled my drivers and games, it worked..
:-D
naah i never download pirated games, always pay for them... i believe in supporting the gaming industry for their hard work.. im downloading from EA's origin servers directly and they are paid games... i got them since they are offering heavy discounts at the moment....
i'll try to reinstall the display drivers, but im sure its not a driver issue. i'll try to uninstall and reinstall vlc, may be that should help!!

rider

as Kratos

It's my laptop I know how to handle it, this is not my first.
My lappy life doesn't effect that much with this kinda use only battery will get affected by much use, so I'll purchase another one after completion of cycles.
And I didn't bought laptop to use 4 years so, 6770M can't handle games in with high settings in future.

Top Bottom