the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

ratul

█████████████████
these are high performance core-i7 laptops, whats your needs? gaming or editing?

well, if you search this post, you'll find that i am following this post for past 7-8 months, and mostly of course, my need will be gaming.. :p

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,I need an advice.I dropped the power brick by mistake today morning.However its working perfectly.Should I get it replaced under warranty??I'm a bit unsure,if it'll pose any issues in future.

rider

as Kratos
Guys,I need an advice.I dropped the power brick by mistake today morning.However its working perfectly.Should I get it replaced under warranty??I'm a bit unsure,if it'll pose any issues in future.

If its working fine it is okay, don't worry mine get fall off many times :-D
You know its bulkier than 90W power brick.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^
glad to know that there is atleast someone with me who also drops his adapter.
But the new adapter of dv6 7000 series(120W) is of a thinner variety,much like that of a Vaio.

rider

as Kratos
^^
glad to know that there is atleast someone with me who also drops his adapter.
But the new adapter of dv6 7000 series(120W) is of a thinner variety,much like that of a Vaio.

My old dv6 core2duo was having small brick too. Though all vaio models and my old laptop have 90W adapter.
Good to see that hp providing 120W slim charger in new models.

still no backlit keyboard, and 1080p screen. Looting at this price!

Yes. Its true. Me n My Brother thought there would be 1080p screen and backlit KB..
But Hp is going down now.. These laptops sucks , more than our old dv6-6165tx..i dont see much offering in these laptops.

Could you post a tutorial please?

Free resize/move hard drive partition, enlarge/extend/shrink system partitions in Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/8 and Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 - EaseUS Partition Master Manual

Use this, i also used this one when i used easeus first time.
:p
Best of luck.. :-D

Hp sucks now :evil::evil:

Prongs298

In the zone
offtopic but its sheer market conspiracy.

and just as a last resort to ask here, but gentlemen is it somehow possible to turn off hyperthreading in our i7qm laptops?

Dv6-6154tx

Guys, i started having this temp problem two days ago..
I use speccy as one the member told me to...
So, the motherboard reaches 98.
Gpu reaches 94
Cpu Reaches near 90 or sum more..

Well, this wasnt the problem on my old windows, but since the windows was creating problem I installed a new fresh Original Copy Of Windodws ..Then i insalled all the drivers etc..
Before nothing went above 87, now its, idk whats happening man..
Btw, my bios version is F1B.
Help? what to do?
Btw, my coolsense is on highest cooling mode..

samudragupta

Youngling
Dv6-6154tx

Guys, i started having this temp problem two days ago..
I use speccy as one the member told me to...
So, the motherboard reaches 98.
Gpu reaches 94
Cpu Reaches near 90 or sum more..

Well, this wasnt the problem on my old windows, but since the windows was creating problem I installed a new fresh Original Copy Of Windodws ..Then i insalled all the drivers etc..
Before nothing went above 87, now its, idk whats happening man..
Btw, my bios version is F1B.
Help? what to do?
Btw, my coolsense is on highest cooling mode..
is this in the idle situation or while gaming??
BTW i used my lappy last week for for 7 days for 12-16hrs at a stretch for browsing on wifi and watching movies, downloads.. and my CPU and GPU temps reached 54-60!!! i wonder if this is normal on highest setting on coolsense mode?? I wonder what will happen once i start hardcore gaming!!!

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
The highest I have noted on my dv6 is 94'c on one of the cores.And that too while playing continuously for more than two hours in a non ac room.Since 6154tx has a Core i5 and a 6490m gpu,it should not get that hot.
Try these things and check
1.Put your lappy in HP recommended power mode with coolsense in coolest mode.
2.Try reinstalling speccy.It sometimes malfunctions.My friend had a false reporting speccy on his 6119tx.Cross check with real temp or hardware monitor.
3.If it still doesn't help,try getting assistance from hp.

rider

as Kratos
is this in the idle situation or while gaming??
BTW i used my lappy last week for for 7 days for 12-16hrs at a stretch for browsing on wifi and watching movies, downloads.. and my CPU and GPU temps reached 54-60!!! i wonder if this is normal on highest setting on coolsense mode?? I wonder what will happen once i start hardcore gaming!!!

LOL, 50-60*C is common for a core-i7 quad core laptop after using 16hrs. Our hp is coolest among all others.
What games you played till now?

Dude, it is hardcore gaming.
Max Payne 3 . (the frikking best game ever)
D_D

you are playing max payne 3 on HD 6490M? :shock:

LOL, 50-60*C is common for a core-i7 quad core laptop after using 16hrs. Our hp is coolest among all others.
What games you played till now?

Joke? :oops:

you are playing max payne 3 on HD 6490M? :shock:

YeS.. :lol: :cool:

The highest I have noted on my dv6 is 94'c on one of the cores.And that too while playing continuously for more than two hours in a non ac room.Since 6154tx has a Core i5 and a 6490m gpu,it should not get that hot.
Try these things and check
1.Put your lappy in HP recommended power mode with coolsense in coolest mode.
2.Try reinstalling speccy.It sometimes malfunctions.My friend had a false reporting speccy on his 6119tx.Cross check with real temp or hardware monitor.
3.If it still doesn't help,try getting assistance from hp.

Ok. i will try the second option, then the third one.
Thankx. i hope its bloody malfunctioning .. :evil:
No, other softwares are showing same tempratures..
Btw, wat is motherboard temprature?
I have heard cpu temp n gpu temp..
Its in Speccy just to make u remember..

Prongs298

In the zone
that is inevitable i guess as idle temps for me have gone from 45 to 58 and the gaming temps have gone from 69 to 80. and this is all in a non ac room with no cooling pad. but in ac room it still idles at 40 and games at 60.

Top Bottom