the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^Same happened with me....But the range of wear in my case is 0-8%...currently its at 1%.

A weird thing happened today morning.After I lifted my laptop,I found two screws fallen on the cooling pad.One larger screw fell off from one of the base edges,while other I could not find the place from where the tiny screw came from.Should I complain to hp or should I go to service to get this fixed.I guess getting all the screws checked will b a better idea.

saajan4

Broken In
I'm the owner of 6165tx and I would like to tell you that you are lucky to get the 6165tx at the right time, as it has 2GB 6770M graphic card that is more powerful that then new one in the market.
For your heating problem you should keep the laptop in coolest mode through hp coolsense software. Can you tell me did you updated your BIOS from hp website or not? Heating is not not harmful you have to adjust somethings to cool your laptop and it will not blow off :mrgreen: check out the temperature through HWmonitor is it below 85*C or not? You laptop should remain below 85*C in intense gaming of hours like mine.
See, I dont even use any coolpad, it is 50*C right now.

bro! please tell me how to update the BIOS....give me the link if any....
thank you.

samudragupta

Youngling
:|
^^Same happened with me....But the range of wear in my case is 0-8%...currently its at 1%.

A weird thing happened today morning.After I lifted my laptop,I found two screws fallen on the cooling pad.One larger screw fell off from one of the base edges,while other I could not find the place from where the tiny screw came from.Should I complain to hp or should I go to service to get this fixed.I guess getting all the screws checked will b a better idea.

oh god.... how old is ur lappy?? i think better visit the service centre..

rider

as Kratos
My battery wear level is 24% but I'm still getting 2hr 30min battery in 50% brightness, intel GPU, power mode.. wi-fi on all the time.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
:|

oh god.... how old is ur lappy?? i think better visit the service centre..

Its a sept 2k11 piece....I think the service engg didnt screw it properly,when it was opened to clean up dust.Have complained to hp,lets see what happens tomorrow.

My battery wear level is 24% but I'm still getting 2hr 30min battery in 50% brightness, intel GPU, power mode.. wi-fi on all the time.

My battery wear is 2%...I easily get 4hr of battery backup on intel gpu without wifi.So i think your backup is just a wee bit less.Try calibrating your battery once.

rider

as Kratos
Its a sept 2k11 piece....I think the service engg didnt screw it properly,when it was opened to clean up dust.Have complained to hp,lets see what happens tomorrow.

My battery wear is 2%...I easily get 4hr of battery backup on intel gpu without wifi.So i think your backup is just a wee bit less.Try calibrating your battery once.

Yes, I do calibration not getting 3 hrs battery, generally I plug the laptop and use it as desktop replacement.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Yes, I do calibration not getting 3 hrs battery, generally I plug the laptop and use it as desktop replacement.

I also do the same,infact I do that 99% of the times and only use the battery during mobility or calibrating it.
I read an article on hp's site which said that for each complete charge-discharge cycle,wear increases a bit.I can search for the link if you wish to see the same.

NoBodyAtAll

Broken In
I also do the same,infact I do that 99% of the times and only use the battery during mobility or calibrating it.
I read an article on hp's site which said that for each complete charge-discharge cycle,wear increases a bit.I can search for the link if you wish to see the same.

I have read that article too...here's one more to put some light~ Laptop battery myths – Marco.org

A bit old...still going strong.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^
Numerous such articles exist on net bro.However,I prefer to trust only the manufacturer,as it knows its device the best.

rider

as Kratos
Guys, I switched to dynamic mode in BIOS believe me games like Dirt Showdown, Mafia II are playing in full setting and computer itself change to Intel GPU when you no need of graphics. :)

aniket.cain

Padawan
Guys, I switched to dynamic mode in BIOS believe me games like Dirt Showdown, Mafia II are playing in full setting and computer itself change to Intel GPU when you no need of graphics. :)

Dynamic switching always worked like this. But we were getting very poor performance from the GPU. Aren't you facing the same? I haven't changed it in the last 10 months I think. :|

rider

as Kratos
Dynamic switching always worked like this. But we were getting very poor performance from the GPU. Aren't you facing the same? I haven't changed it in the last 10 months I think. :|

No problem at all, I played Dirt Showdown, LA Noire getting good performance (using F1B BIOS)
I recommend you to switch to dynamic, hp also recommend it for better battery life.

aniket.cain

Padawan
No problem at all, I played Dirt Showdown, LA Noire getting good performance (using F1B BIOS)
I recommend you to switch to dynamic, hp recommend for better battery life.

Hmm... It is good then if it is working fine. But I am not a fan of auto-switching, as it creates problems sometimes. Like, Chrome triggering the 6770M, essentially running the laptop in High Performance Graphics mode whole day long. Also, I rarely play games on my laptop now. Time constraints. :cry:

rider

as Kratos
Hmm... It is good then if it is working fine. But I am not a fan of auto-switching, as it creates problems sometimes. Like, Chrome triggering the 6770M, essentially running the laptop in High Performance Graphics mode whole day long. Also, I rarely play games on my laptop now. Time constraints. :cry:

Okay, I can manually set application to run on high performance or power saving in configure switchable graphics setting in dynamic mode. Like I set chrome in power saving mode.

BTW how old is your now your laptop and how much hours of battery you are getting?

Doesn't matter bro, what I believe, if these jerks have orchestrated it as a pretense to not deliver what they ought to, there isn't much one can do about it. (Ofcourse you can move to a Consumer Court :wink: )

Yes, true, but CC doesnt help these days,, they are all bugged..
:p

but my battery is a brand new one just about 3 to 4 months old...........:-?

its quite old, but i think u should try calibrating your battery, it will not solve that issue, but it will calibrate ur battery meaning it will increase ur battery life or atleast stable it..

Lol, it was always true bro.. heehehe
:-D

Top Bottom