the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

yash12mehrotra

Right off the assembly line
i was playing bf3 on a 1080p tv using laptop 6770m gpu, no overclock ,jst base setting 750/800(done oc earlier),using cooler master notepal L1, using coolsense coolest mode , then also my gpu temp had reached to 94 C .Please tell me what to do ?

rajul0616

Broken In
Re: Heating Started ! :(

80C while gaming is no biggie. I have seen 83C. My friends on Dell ones have seen even higher. So much that they now dont turn the temperature monitor at all (like ostriches burying their head in the sand :razz:)
And dont get carried away with all the heating worries. Just because you can reduce the temperature doesnt mean your laptop is overheating. And a gradual buildup in the idling temperature is expected. thats just dust settling on the fan and the fins. Cleaning with compressed air helps. With discrete GPU expect idling temperatures of ~51C and about 46C with the intel integrated.

And check if the fan blows air properly into the intake vents of the laptop. Else you wont find cooling.

Well i'll keep in mind all this..thnx a lot :)

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
i was playing bf3 on a 1080p tv using laptop 6770m gpu, no overclock ,jst base setting 750/800(done oc earlier),using cooler master notepal L1, using coolsense coolest mode , then also my gpu temp had reached to 94 C .Please tell me what to do ?

Dont tell me the you set the game to run at native resolution plus all high settings...

I have played BF3. I found it to be less taxing than some others like Crysis 2. I only ever saw a 74C with BF3. Btw i run games at 80% CPU as set under a custom power plan. Even so, 94 is too much. Check you game settings. Dont crank everything to highest.

6770 is a powerful GPU, but the latest games at high and 1080p resolution is too much to ask from it.

red dragon

Master troll
I talked with the Hp support they told your recovery partition is corrupted and told that you will have to pay for your recovery discs as your software warranty has expired i was like WTF:shock::shock: i purchased on 1st march how can it be expired they said its only of 90 days , they asked me to email me the scanned copy of proof of purchase after that they were convinced and they are sending me the recovery discs.:lol::lol::-D , so waiting for my recovery discs.

Heard of a SW called ABR?
Google it,install it....save the activation code somewhere....do a clean install with Win7 home premium(the trial version will do).....Now use ABR to activate it....easy and perfectly legit.....screw hp,do it yourself.

tusharkeshri

Broken In
Heard of a SW called ABR?
Google it,install it....save the activation code somewhere....do a clean install with Win7 home premium(the trial version will do).....Now use ABR to activate it....easy and perfectly legit.....screw hp,do it yourself.

Why shud i take a pain of re installing everything when my laptop is my working f9 :shock: i was just taking the steps when my laptop will stop working or something bad will happen thats why i askd them for the recovery discs. I will use them when some CYSIS :lol: will happen

That's called HP's talent!

I have played games like Crysis 2 ,ACR i must say i was able to play 7-8 hrs without any heat issues just there was hot air blowing from the fan and thats obvious so i dont think there are issues with the fan or anything

sarathsnair

Journeyman
i Hav dv6 6121tx. my hard disk is partitioned as C (580gb), Recovery (13GB), Hp tools and system.
how can i create new partiton like D and E ? i dont want the whole 580 GB in c drive.

i have dv6 6121tx. i cant enter to the recovery environment by pressing F11 key on booting. it says an error message that
" Windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to fix the problem:
1. insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. choose your language settings and then click "Next".
3. Click " Repair your computer."

File: \boot\bcd
info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data."

what should i do ?
i did the bootrec.exe/fixmbr and bootrec.exe/fixboot. i can boot into my Windows 7 Home Premium. i can see the recovery partition is in my computer.
another thing is that when i open hp recovery manager in windows and selecting " System Recovery" the system restarts and entering to the recovery manager without any problem. but i fear that if any problem occur in my windows and then how can i open the recovery manager by pressing F11...?

sarthak

In the zone
^^^^
You can shrink C drive and make new partitions using disk management tool, but then your hard disk will become dynamic. The other way is to make an image of HP tools partition and save it somewhere. Now delete it, shrink the C drive and make the new partitions, which will be extended. But if you need the HP Tools partition anytime you will have to delete the new partitions as adding another partition would make it dynamic. But if the new drives are created in the same block as C, you might be able to replace HP Tools without making the disc dynamic.

As for the recovery problem, create recovery discs and use them for recovery if your windows is not booting. If windows is booting, go into disk management, right click the recovery partition and click on 'Mark as active'. Now your laptop should boot directly into recovery on rebooting. This won't work if your disk is dynamic.

tusharkeshri

Broken In
i Hav dv6 6121tx. my hard disk is partitioned as C (580gb), Recovery (13GB), Hp tools and system.
how can i create new partiton like D and E ? i dont want the whole 580 GB in c drive.

i have dv6 6121tx. i cant enter to the recovery environment by pressing F11 key on booting. it says an error message that
" Windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to fix the problem:
1. insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. choose your language settings and then click "Next".
3. Click " Repair your computer."

File: \boot\bcd
info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data."

what should i do ?
i did the bootrec.exe/fixmbr and bootrec.exe/fixboot. i can boot into my Windows 7 Home Premium. i can see the recovery partition is in my computer.
another thing is that when i open hp recovery manager in windows and selecting " System Recovery" the system restarts and entering to the recovery manager without any problem. but i fear that if any problem occur in my windows and then how can i open the recovery manager by pressing F11...?

The same problem being faced by me i just ordered Recovery discs from the HP free of cost as my Laptop was under Warranty period.

Prongs298

In the zone

make sure that the fan speed of your gfx card is set to 60% or 80%, use msi afterburner to do that. and the temps wont cross 75.

rajul0616

Broken In
FPS dropping :(

FPS problem solved by restore point :p
I have problems with sound :|
I have tried everything from reinstalling , uninstalling , custom made settings but still can't get the stereo sound.
Those who still play cs 1.6 pls help ...u know how imp it is during matches :x
I get absolutely no stereo sound while playing.

Last edited:

sad_but_true

Right off the assembly line
Hp Pavilion dv6 6165tx has a glare on lower right corner of the display at startup

i have recently bought a hp pavilion dv6 6165tx laptop and noticed it has a white glare on the lower right corner of the led display.this occurs during the period of startup and shutting down the laptop or while opening any game when the black screen appears momentarily.the glare occurs to the region opposite to the hp logo..noticable only in black screen when the logo is lit on one of the above conditions.................is it normal???do other users of pavilion dv6 6165tx face the same problem??will it cause any damage to the laptop lcd display in the future?
expert advice and comments expected on the issue to the earliest........

regards,

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Re: Hp Pavilion dv6 6165tx has a glare on lower right corner of the display at startup

i have recently bought a hp pavilion dv6 6165tx laptop and noticed it has a white glare on the lower right corner of the led display.this occurs during the period of startup and shutting down the laptop or while opening any game when the black screen appears momentarily.the glare occurs to the region opposite to the hp logo..noticable only in black screen when the logo is lit on one of the above conditions.................is it normal???do other users of pavilion dv6 6165tx face the same problem??will it cause any damage to the laptop lcd display in the future?
expert advice and comments expected on the issue to the earliest........

regards,

Thats the logo light bleeding from behind. Nothing to worry about. Wont harm the laptop in any way.

red dragon

Master troll
Why shud i take a pain of re installing everything when my laptop is my working f9 :shock: i was just taking the steps when my laptop will stop working or something bad will happen thats why i askd them for the recovery discs. I will use them when some CYSIS :lol: will happen
FYI,reinstalling with those recovery discs is a PITA and you get all those bloatsh*ts back:wink:
I have been through that routine couple of years ago....you will thank me in future if you learn how to use ABR now.

tusharkeshri

Broken In
FYI,reinstalling with those recovery discs is a PITA and you get all those bloatsh*ts back:wink:
I have been through that routine couple of years ago....you will thank me in future if you learn how to use ABR now.
ABR just saves the product key of OEM in a file bt i always wanted the recovery discs after my recovery partition got corrupted anyways thanks for suggesting me ABR.

Thats the logo light bleeding from behind. Nothing to worry about. Wont harm the laptop in any way.

ya I have also noticed the same during start up and shut down. I dont think it will harm anyway

sujeet2555

In the zone
i have hp dv6 6121 and i am planning to buy a cooler for.is cooler master notepal U2/U3 is recommended.as left side is hotter , so what's the point of blowing air at center ?

sujeet2555

In the zone
^^^ there are intake vents at the bottom through which the cooler pushes air to cool the laptop.

i want suggestion about cooler master notepal u2 cooler for this laptops.i want to cool left side of the laptop so i am planning to buy a cooler with removable fan.

maddy1205

bloody hell mate!!!!
you can also consider this..
Flipkart.com: Cooler Master Notepal U1 Cooling Pad: Cooling Pad

Last edited:
Top Bottom