the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Chinmay91

Insomniac
I have a few doubts regarding the protection of my laptop...
I switch on my A/C whole night in my room(where the laptop is).In the morning, I notice that water vapors have condensed on its surface.
1.Would it be a good idea to cover it in some kind of a cloth to reduce this condensation?
2.And will this lead to eventual rusting or degradation of internal parts of the laptop in the long run?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I switch on my A/C whole night in my room(where the laptop is).In the morning, I notice that water vapors have condensed on its surface.
1.Would it be a good idea to cover it in some kind of a cloth to reduce this condensation?
2.And will this lead to eventual rusting or degradation of internal parts of the laptop in the long run?

1) Yes
2)Depends on the built of laptop (the material used, but the chances are minimal)

tusharkeshri

Broken In
The new dv6-7000 revealed with Ivy Bridge and Nvidia GT630 graphics.
HP Pavilion dv6-7000 Entertainment Notebook PC series specifications - HP Products for Home and Home Office products

Did you convert the disk to dynamic to make the partitions ? If so then it might not be able to boot into the recovery menu. When you use recovery option everything will be erased and your laptop will be as it was when you first opened it.

ya one of the disk was converted to dynamic while partioning, now i have again formatted the dynamic drive but it still not working

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United

1) Better use plastic.
2) Water inside the laptop is NOT a good thing. It can short out your motherboard.
Happened to me last month :D

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
but i searched on net and there is one software which converts dynamic disk to the basic disk and the partition which is of 50 GB is the dynamic one in my laptop should i convert into basic one or i delete the partition itself

ok what shud i do now odr than formatting HDD

Well problem is dynamic disk renders windows unbootable, and I couldn't find a soft which turns into basic without need of reinstalling win. Try your luck. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I didn't came across it.

tusharkeshri

Broken In
Well problem is dynamic disk renders windows unbootable, and I couldn't find a soft which turns into basic without need of reinstalling win. Try your luck. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I didn't came across it.

for reinstalling windows i need my recovery to be working and if i format the drive i will end up losing the data and i came across this microsoft page

Change a Dynamic Disk Back to a Basic Disk

which says that the HDD shud be empty while performing the dynamic to basic conversion i performed that one also but it says all volumes must be empty but how can i empty the c drive luks like i have to call the HP support.:|:cry::cry:

tusharkeshri

Broken In
^No its easy. just that you'll loose the recovery partition. If you're ready then I can tell you the steps to convert.

i bought my laptop on 1st march so its still pretty new and i cant risk it and perform a full format and end up losing the original windows 7:-?:-? and im also getting a chance to judge the HP support y lose it.:lol::lol:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Recovery CD ? And if you ever accidentally end formatting recovery partition, just take it to HP service centre and they'll fix things for you. How can you loose original windows just by formatting a partition?

tusharkeshri

Broken In
^Recovery CD ? And if you ever accidentally end formatting recovery partition, just take it to HP service centre and they'll fix things for you. How can you loose original windows just by formatting a partition?

well im calling the HP guy 2mrw lets c what he does :|:| though you can tell me the steps

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Just boot from 7 dvd (normal OS installation DVD). Enter command line.

>Diskpart
>list disk
>select disk # (type no of your HDD displayed after previous command, most probabaly it will be 0)
>clean
>exit

Now continue with installation process. Untill and unless you "clean" the disk, windows setup won't allow you to do partition and go with installation ahead.

tusharkeshri

Broken In
Just boot from 7 dvd (normal OS installation DVD). Enter command line.

>Diskpart
>list disk
>select disk # (type no of your HDD displayed after previous command, most probabaly it will be 0)
>clean
>exit

Now continue with installation process. Untill and unless you "clean" the disk, windows setup won't allow you to do partition and go with installation ahead.
the same thing which was there on the above mentioned link but the problem is that i dont have a windows 7 disc right now

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I didn't saw that link and I learnt this by hit & trial when I myself encountered this problem. Can you boot into HP recovery?

tusharkeshri

Broken In
I didn't saw that link and I learnt this by hit & trial when I myself encountered this problem. Can you boot into HP recovery?

Ahh you got the problem now as stated earlier i cannot boot into my hp recovery . the story started as :
1. on thursday i noticed that my copy paste thing is not working i searched on net regarding this topic but cudn't get the desired result.
2. so i began a system scan through my Microsoft security essentials bt it was not able to detect any virus so i posted my problem in one of the group in facebook they said its bcoz of virus so uninstalled my MSE and installed Kaspersky for the full system scan and it also detected nothing so going by the phrase "for virus prevention is btr than cure" i decided to perform a recovery bt was confused as i had already created four partition out of my original HDD that either all my partition will be deleted and my laptop will return to factory mode or the c drive only will be erased .
3. i decided to take the risk, bt my suprise i was not able to perform the recovery from the recovery menu as it was saying its disabled the only option it was showing was the microsoft restore option to a date earlier either on wednesday since my copy paste thing as working on the wednesday
4. i decided to go for this option and it was well executed. the windows returned to the earlier date but when i now tried to access the recovery while booting by pressing f11 it gave some error like windows fail to start and all that issues,since the windows was working f9 i was surprised by the same i searched the same on the net few other hp laptop were suffering from this but i was not able to get a satisfactory answer why and one thing more while i was my firs partition on my laptop it gave me some warning i cant remember exactly that some dynamic disk since i was able to create the partition widout ignoring the warning i ignored it ,when sarthak told me abt the same i now remember.:|:|:|:cry::cry:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Yeah, when you create a extended partition after 3 primary partitions, it gives warning that you need to convert to dynamic disk for that and ppl go ahead.

If your recovery partition has corrupted, then you can't do anything except contacting HP.

Top Bottom