the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

does anyone encountered the problem of not able to switch GPU after updating to 12.2 in 6140?

As per the AMD website :---

AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite Version 12.1 Release Notes :------

The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:

Any notebook launched after this driver release
Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks.
Toshiba notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
Sony VAIO notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
Panasonic notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)

So I think the release 12.1 is not compatible for the Switchable Graphics Enabled Laptops.......

*support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalystSoftwareSuiteVersion121.aspx

akn75

Broken In
The HP home series laptop products sucks and poor customer service. For anyone looking for buying HP laptop please think twice. The spec and performance are good but the time you need to spend on troubleshoot and repair is also very high compared to any other model. You will end up wasting a lot of time to get your laptop working after paying 58K :-x

Thank you all.
It was a strange problem... I tried all possible options and it didn't work. This morning I switch on the laptop and see the booting blue screen.. I was happy but then the screen went blank, I use the finger print sensor to login. It was successful as I heard the windows logon sound. I tried close and open the lid but no use but I left it close for sometime. I tried open it after 2-3 hours, surprisingly the I could see the windows logon on the screen. I still don't know what was wrong :(

tusharkeshri

Broken In
The HP home series laptop products sucks and poor customer service. For anyone looking for buying HP laptop please think twice. The spec and performance are good but the time you need to spend on troubleshoot and repair is also very high compared to any other model. You will end up wasting a lot of time to get your laptop working after paying 58K :-x

I bought the HP laptop on 1st march the only problem i encountered was that i was not able to boot into recovery mode so after making of chat program in HP support Assistant my problem was solved and they sent me Recovery DVDS so i dont think their service is that bad.

Sking

real steel
new dv6 7000 series is comin with 630m and 650m gpu
630m is rather poor with 96cores,must be the cheaper alternative.

rider

as Kratos
I right clicked on my desktop go to graphic properties in high performance mode.
A Catalyst Controller Center window comes off. I clicked on Information then Software Update where I see the catalyst version is 12.3, and I didn't updated from 11.11. How?

new dv6 7000 series is comin with 630m and 650m gpu
630m is rather poor with 96cores,must be the cheaper alternative.

HD 6770M ≥ GT 555M > GT 630M > GT 540M > HD 6630M
2011 hp DV6 still rules..!! in 15" medium gaming laptops

prasathlr

Broken In
My Laptop freezes at "Starting WIndows" Screen. I did, System recovery, after that it opened once but later it is not booting into Win 7. I am not even getting the Options of Safe Mode. Help me Plz :(

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
Well from all the postings here i understand the if you have HP DV lpatop then you don't need to buy induction stove or lpg at all.Just switch on the HP laptop and play some game that enough to make a cup of coffee.HP makes good laptop but they forgot one crucial thing that electronic device should be maintained in critical temperature range.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^
I wonder how you make tea at 75-80C ?
And if 75C is hot for a laptop thats as heavily specced as the HP's in question, i've got nothing to say.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Well from all the postings here i understand the if you have HP DV lpatop then you don't need to buy induction stove or lpg at all.Just switch on the HP laptop and play some game that enough to make a cup of coffee.HP makes good laptop but they forgot one crucial thing that electronic device should be maintained in critical temperature range.

:lol:

CloudS

Broken In

same thing is with my friends xps15

Check out the extended warranty offers from HP : Here

list doesn't have 6121??

tusharkeshri

Broken In

I didn't notice any heating issue during crysis 2.

sarthak

In the zone

Well then why don't you suggest another laptop with the same price and power as DV6 with a thin body, good looks, and which can play games at the highest settings without going over 70 degrees ???

Top Bottom