the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

tusharkeshri

Broken In
Yeah, when you create a extended partition after 3 primary partitions, it gives warning that you need to convert to dynamic disk for that and ppl go ahead.

If your recovery partition has corrupted, then you can't do anything except contacting HP.

I dont think my partition is corrupted i think the problem is that i converted m disks to dynamic so it is not able to find it.

Hi friends,

I was trying yesterday to tune up my 6165tx laptop using the HP Support Assistant utility.

The issue is that this utility was running for the whole day (morning 8am to night 10Pm) but still this tuning process was not completed & was still showing "accessing hardware & software issues".

Is it normal for this utility to take this much time?

rajul0616

Broken In
The new dv6-7000 revealed with Ivy Bridge and Nvidia GT630 graphics.
HP Pavilion dv6-7000 Entertainment Notebook PC series specifications - HP Products for Home and Home Office products

I bought a hp-dv6 6165tx just 15 days back ...would dv6-7000 be a better option ?? Whats the performance difference ?? ( processor and gpu )
Is there any replacement policy in hp :p:mrgreen: ??:-D

rajul0616

Broken In
The new dv6-7000 revealed with Ivy Bridge and Nvidia GT630 graphics.
HP Pavilion dv6-7000 Entertainment Notebook PC series specifications - HP Products for Home and Home Office products

Did you convert the disk to dynamic to make the partitions ? If so then it might not be able to boot into the recovery menu. When you use recovery option everything will be erased and your laptop will be as it was when you first opened it.

I bought the dv6-6165tx 15 dayz back , just wanted to know if dv6 7000 would have been a better option ??
Performance difference ? and price difference too ?
I got my 6165 for 57,800k.

sarthak

In the zone
I dont think my partition is corrupted i think the problem is that i converted m disks to dynamic so it is not able to find it.

Are you unable to access the recovery partition in windows also ? If not create the recovery disks and use them for system restore. If your system restore partition is not corrupted, you can also take a backup of the recovery and HP Tools drives, format the hard disk, and then replace those drives and then boot from recovery drive and go for system restore. You can also try Sujay's method, or simply call the HP service.

velociraptor

Broken In
hey every one can you please tell me what fps are you getting in nfs the run on all ultra settings and,on arkham city,syndicate and other game available i just wanna test that wether my gpu is performing well or not i have 6165tx.

and i also wanna share that my friends gt540m in ideapad is performing equal to hd 6770m is that possible sometimes in few games its performing better than mine what might be the issue with my gpu.

sarthak

In the zone
I bought a hp-dv6 6165tx just 15 days back ...would dv6-7000 be a better option ?? Whats the performance difference ?? ( processor and gpu )
Is there any replacement policy in hp :p:mrgreen: ??:-D

There isn't much difference in the performance of the GPU, but the processor is clocked higher. Also the integrated graphics of ivy bridge are much better (reported to be upto 84% better than sandy bridge).
And no, you can't get your laptop replaced for a new one ;)

tusharkeshri

Broken In
Are you unable to access the recovery partition in windows also ? If not create the recovery disks and use them for system restore. If your system restore partition is not corrupted, you can also take a backup of the recovery and HP Tools drives, format the hard disk, and then replace those drives and then boot from recovery drive and go for system restore. You can also try Sujay's method, or simply call the HP service.

I talked with the Hp support they told your recovery partition is corrupted and told that you will have to pay for your recovery discs as your software warranty has expired i was like WTF:shock::shock: i purchased on 1st march how can it be expired they said its only of 90 days , they asked me to email me the scanned copy of proof of purchase after that they were convinced and they are sending me the recovery discs.:lol::lol::-D , so waiting for my recovery discs.

rajul0616

Broken In
There isn't much difference in the performance of the GPU, but the processor is clocked higher. Also the integrated graphics of ivy bridge are much better (reported to be upto 84% better than sandy bridge).
And no, you can't get your laptop replaced for a new one ;)

84% :O thats a lot :O
Anywayz m just curious to know that when we have set our GPU to Fixed via BIOS. Then where exactly the integrated graphics come into play?? (Might be a sill question but if we always use our GPU then Whats the use of 84 % performance Difference in terms of graphics:wink:??)

sarthak

In the zone
^^^ When you set your GPU to fixed, it means that you can use either the integrated or the discreet GPU. You can select which one you want to use by right-clicking on desktop and clicking on configure switchable graphics. This way if you use the laptop on battery and are not doing any GPU intensive task like playing games or doing video editing then you can switch to the integrated GPU so as to have longer battery life. You can change back to discreet for doing GPU intensive tasks.
On the contrary when you are in dynamic mode, the laptop automatically uses the discreet GPU whenever you start any GPU intensive task, so that you don't have to switch between GPUs manually.
The 84% performance increase would be really useful if you want to play games and don't have access to a power socket, like while travelling.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
84% :O thats a lot :O
Anywayz m just curious to know that when we have set our GPU to Fixed via BIOS. Then where exactly the integrated graphics come into play?? (Might be a sill question but if we always use our GPU then Whats the use of 84 % performance Difference in terms of graphics:wink:??)

You use the discrete GPU only for intensive tasks like gaming. Rest of the time you switch back to the intel graphics, dont you?

rajul0616

Broken In
Heating Started ! :(

For starters, it helps control temperature, i have noticed as much as a 7C drop in my dv4. ~5C can be expected. Furthers it reduces power consumption, which is always good.

Well thnx for the advice and yes i do notice the difference in temperatures.
Anywayz earlier i didn't have any issues with temperature but now i think all the rumors about overheating were true ! :|
Bought a cooling pad yesterday Cooler master Notepal L1 but no difference :evil:
Temperature reaches 80 and even more...Plz help guyz :(

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Re: Heating Started ! :(

Well thnx for the advice and yes i do notice the difference in temperatures.
Anywayz earlier i didn't have any issues with temperature but now i think all the rumors about overheating were true ! :|
Bought a cooling pad yesterday Cooler master Notepal L1 but no difference :evil:
Temperature reaches 80 and even more...Plz help guyz :(

80C while gaming is no biggie. I have seen 83C. My friends on Dell ones have seen even higher. So much that they now dont turn the temperature monitor at all (like ostriches burying their head in the sand :razz:)
And dont get carried away with all the heating worries. Just because you can reduce the temperature doesnt mean your laptop is overheating. And a gradual buildup in the idling temperature is expected. thats just dust settling on the fan and the fins. Cleaning with compressed air helps. With discrete GPU expect idling temperatures of ~51C and about 46C with the intel integrated.

And check if the fan blows air properly into the intake vents of the laptop. Else you wont find cooling.

Prongs298

In the zone
@tusharkeshri- i don't get the use of recovery partition, though i have it and then a 580 gb large c: partition, i know enough not to mess it up so i'm safe. but you have a chance to let go of it and use your own stuff. you have a win 7 key on the back of your laptop. use any win7 disc you find with that key. have a folder of driver's and hp soft and install them one by one. and most importantly make proper partitions.

Top Bottom