the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Prongs298

In the zone
it doesnt require any. to be honest all i have ever updated is the bios and that was to change the dual graphics switching option and that was that. top class as ever.

btw 2000 posts

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
A person going through this whole thread will say the same man. Every other person is complaining about plethora of problems. BIOS, drivers, games, this, that.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
lol that way, laptop table can never be blamed :p

But every person can't be a troubleshooter? Peace of mind is something dv6 owners have forgot. :|

Prongs298

In the zone
sujay is right it does require tweaking but still there is nothing quite like this anywhere.

rachitboom you should edit the first post and make a list of the tweaks necessary to make the dv6 run as it should, i will pm you if you dont mind or we can ask others.

Abhinay

Right off the assembly line
Guys yesterday i run GPU Z info tool and found that my HP dv6 6165 tx is running on Pci-e 8x instead of 16x at 2.0.......i want to know that is there any problem or is it normal?

red dragon

Master troll
I have never seen any laptop brand except apple giving complete peace of mind.
Not really,Mac users do not usually tinker much with their laptops.
In hands of idiots,Macs can be screwed up pretty easily.

And YES!DV6 and most consumer oriented laptops from brands like Dell and HP are trouble prone.
Everything,right from the ultra cheap TN panels to plastic cases used in these machines are well below par.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
the problem is between the monitor and the chair.

Agree. Problems are bound to crop up when you start tinkering with your laptop. I have used various brands over the years (not an apple so far) and usually its the tinkering thats gotten me into trouble. Except a wipro laptop with a failing HDD.

1) Don't tinker too much ( relative)
2) Research carefully before you fiddle around with the settings. just 'coz one post says something, its not reason enough to believe it (including this post).
3) Performance laptops are bound to have more issues than peace-of-mind machines. Thats a compromise you willingly made when you made the purchase.
4) Realise that laptops are not desktops. Handle them with more care.

Sorry for the off-topic rant :oops:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys yesterday i run GPU Z info tool and found that my HP dv6 6165 tx is running on Pci-e 8x instead of 16x at 2.0.......i want to know that is there any problem or is it normal?
Normal. And even if it is not normal, it isn't a big deal. Performance shall remain same whether 8X PCIe 2.0 or 16X PCIe 2.0. 8X PCIe 2.0 has more than enough bandwidth for a GPU.

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
Re: Battery Wear 5 % in one week :'(

First of all ...thank u all of u for such an awesome thread,helped me a lot to configure my hpdv6-6165tx .
Guyz i bought my laptop a week ago and today its showing a battery wear 5 % ...Plz tell me what to do.??
How can i increase my battery performance ??
And also i need help with Hp Simple pass ..plz give me the link to the latest version.

the battery wear indicator is not always correct.Calibrate your laptop battery.its simple.read online about calibrating laptop battery.battery wear should be back to normal.

Chinmay91

Insomniac

the battery wear indicator is not always correct.Calibrate your laptop battery.its simple.read online about calibrating laptop battery.battery wear should be back to normal.

I allowed my battery to discharge till 10% and then recharged it fully.Before this process, Battery Bar indicated that the battery wear was 0.61%, however, now after the process, it is showing 3.79% wear. My laptop is only 2 months old. Is this wear level normal for a 2 month-old laptop?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
HowStuffWorks "How Lithium-ion Batteries Work"
They start degrading as soon as they leave the factory. They will only last two or three years from the date of manufacture whether you use them or not.

So yeah, 3.79 is normal.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

I allowed my battery to discharge till 10% and then recharged it fully.Before this process, Battery Bar indicated that the battery wear was 0.61%, however, now after the process, it is showing 3.79% wear. My laptop is only 2 months old. Is this wear level normal for a 2 month-old laptop?

I suggest you uninstall that battery monitor. Seriously, stop worrying dude. If there is any battery issues, you'll notice it. Trust me. Those numbers are misleading. :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Stop being paranoid. :)

CloudS

Broken In
can someone tell me that at what position exactly should the fan of the cooling pad be on 6140, center or at the corner where there are 2 vents or some place else?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
can someone tell me that at what position exactly should the fan of the cooling pad be on 6140, center or at the corner where there are 2 vents or some place else?

The fans should ideally be below the intake ports (NOT the ports where hot air comes out)

Top Bottom