the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Abhinay

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys
Today i just noticed a wierd problem in my Dv6 6165tx lappy...The problem is whenever i plugged it in power mode using its charging adaptor and rub its backside it gives a tingling sensation in my hand.... The sensation goes when i unplug the power cord....Tell me what is this all about?

rajul0616

Broken In
Re: Battery Wear 5 % in one week :'(

no need to worry about battery wear it's ok for laptops.
To enhance the performance just use Intel Graphics.To do that right click on desktop and select "configure switchable graphics" and click Power Saving GPU and do ur work.Change to ATI if ur really need that(during designing or gaming) & Try using laptop most time on battery.
And at last link to all the drivers is
Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)

To download HP simple pass go to "Software-Security" in tree structure.
Thnx a lot :) ...i calibrated my battery and all was fine then :)
Just need help with one more thing...i installed a lot of games in it...no issues as such in any of them...but in Counterstrike 1.6 I can't get the stereo sound :':)-? in my headphones ...without that itz realy difficult to play ..plz tell me what to do ...i tried uninstalling the beats audio, still no improvement .
Also while during playing any game if someone calls on gtalk or skype or steam the game sound redirects to speakers ..itz realy annoying how can i stop it ??

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Hi guys
Today i just noticed a wierd problem in my Dv6 6165tx lappy...The problem is whenever i plugged it in power mode using its charging adaptor and rub its backside it gives a tingling sensation in my hand.... The sensation goes when i unplug the power cord....Tell me what is this all about?

Check this:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1592559-post1953.html

sarathsnair

Journeyman
Anyone installed avid studio on hp dv6 ?
it doesnot start for me. when i double click the icon, it just open the welcome screen and disappears. i run this program in safe mode and it works. but not in normal mode. pls help me

rider

as Kratos
This coolpad has fans on the bottom.. but hot air comes from the left side in my dv6. There is nothing such hot in the bottom (i.e. HDD, RAM)
Plus this model is metal made. This might make laptop more warmer.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
This coolpad has fans on the bottom.. but hot air comes from the left side in my dv6. There is nothing such hot in the bottom (i.e. HDD, RAM)
Plus this model is metal made. This might make laptop more warmer.

You have got it wrong. Your laptop has intakes a the bottom, that is where you want to pump in cool air. You DON'T want to block the hot exhaust from the left in any way. that is only going to compound the heating issues.

You want cool air pumped in from the the intake vent ( underside of the laptop) so that it can absorb the heat from the processor heatsink, get warmed up an exit freely through the exhaust at the left. That is why laptop coolers have fans at the bottom.

BTW metal chassis are better for heat dissipation than plastic ones. So that tends to make the laptop cooler. :)

Abhinay

You have got it wrong. Your laptop has intakes a the bottom, that is where you want to pump in cool air. You DON'T want to block the hot exhaust from the left in any way. that is only going to compound the heating issues.

You want cool air pumped in from the the intake vent ( underside of the laptop) so that it can absorb the heat from the processor heatsink, get warmed up an exit freely through the exhaust at the left. That is why laptop coolers have fans at the bottom.

BTW metal chassis are better for heat dissipation than plastic ones. So that tends to make the laptop cooler. :)

What about Belkin Laptop Cooling Lounge?????????? any reviews on this cooler????

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
What about Belkin Laptop Cooling Lounge?????????? any reviews on this cooler????

From the looks of it, it has a fixed fan, which is not exactly the most ideal design. Hardly any laptop has its intake at the dead centre of its bottom and this is where the models with adjustable fans score big time. You can adjust the fan to exactly coincide with the the intake vent of the laptop. That should give the best cooling. Consider the following

Flipkart.com: Cooler Master Notepal U1 Cooling Pad: Cooling Pad

Flipkart.com: Cooler Master Notepal U2 Cooling Pad: Cooling Pad

Flipkart.com: Targus Laptop Chill Mat Cooling Pad: Cooling Pad

sarathsnair

Journeyman
PLS Help me guys :cry::cry::cry:

i have a problem in my 6121tx. i updated the bios version to F1B. whenever i change the graphics mode to dynamic to fixed or vice versa and, on saving the settings the laptop suddenly goes to power off and doesnt restart. i dont know how it is happen. i just reopen the bios again and it shows the previous save and quit dialogue box. their i can save the settings and laptop get restarted. But on the next time when i change the graphics mode the same thing happen. i got fear and confused wheather it is a hardware issue. pls help me :cry::cry:

tusharkeshri

Broken In
Hiii guys i have noticed Blue screen of death 2 times in my HP DV6 6165 tx, which i purchased recently, the first one was when whole screen got stuck and when i hard booted it gave me BSOD and the second was just an hour ago when windows was installing windows update it took half an hour and when i came back i saw BSOD .I have recently installed all the drivers from the windows update and games like ACB and LEFt 4 dead 2.

Abhinay

PLS Help me guys :cry::cry::cry:

i have a problem in my 6121tx. i updated the bios version to F1B. whenever i change the graphics mode to dynamic to fixed or vice versa and, on saving the settings the laptop suddenly goes to power off and doesnt restart. i dont know how it is happen. i just reopen the bios again and it shows the previous save and quit dialogue box. their i can save the settings and laptop get restarted. But on the next time when i change the graphics mode the same thing happen. i got fear and confused wheather it is a hardware issue. pls help me :cry::cry:

Try to update it to version F1A...it is more stable then any other bios version......you u can also switch ur graphics to fixed mode with that...

Abhinay

Hiii guys i have noticed Blue screen of death 2 times in my HP DV6 6165 tx, which i purchased recently, the first one was when whole screen got stuck and when i hard booted it gave me BSOD and the second was just an hour ago when windows was installing windows update it took half an hour and when i came back i saw BSOD .I have recently installed all the drivers from the windows update and games like ACB and LEFt 4 dead 2.

What is the error code?????

Top Bottom