the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Prongs298

In the zone
my clock speed is 780mhz and that is the lowest it will normally go. i have coolest option selected in coolsense. i was wondering if some wise and kind soul would guide me if this can be used for the laptop and processor in my sig - The ThrottleStop Guide

btw i asked because its 15 'c in amritsar and my cpu temp is 47 'c. makes me shudder when i think the summer temp outside will be 40 'c +.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
my clock speed is 780mhz and that is the lowest it will normally go. i have coolest option selected in coolsense. i was wondering if some wise and kind soul would guide me if this can be used for the laptop and processor in my sig - The ThrottleStop Guide

btw i asked because its 15 'c in amritsar and my cpu temp is 47 'c. makes me shudder when i think the summer temp outside will be 40 'c +.

No. The i series does not allow FSB modulation as far as i know, atleast in laptops. There are processors that are unlocked. those are the only ones you can throttle by this method.

Try editing your processor properties within the advanced properties of your power plans. That also helps reduce temperature. A change from 100% to 90% reduces temperature by something like 5C or more. Also blow out dust from the ports, reduces temperature at times by as much as 5-8C. I dont have a compressed air blower, so I just blow air with my mouth, forcefully :mrgreen:

BTW, idling at 47 isnt really that bad.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
I right clicked on my desktop go to graphic properties in high performance mode.
A Catalyst Controller Center window comes off. I clicked on Information then Software Update where I see the catalyst version is 12.3, and I didn't updated from 11.11. How?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
are those the 4 vents located directly below and almost at the center??

I'm not sure as I have not seen ur laptop model. But you should be able to make out as it is in all likelihood the biggest port on the underside of the laptop.

And if you fell closely you will be able to make out the air being sucked in thru it...

amey

Right off the assembly line
i formatted my laptop recently and installed new windows 7. But when i tried to install intel graphics drivers, im getting a message that my computer doesnt meet the min requirements. what should i do?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
i formatted my laptop recently and installed new windows 7. But when i tried to install intel graphics drivers, im getting a message that my computer doesnt meet the min requirements. what should i do?

That happens. Install the actual drivers from the HP site, they contain the drivers for both the discrete and the intel card. They will install properly.

amey

Right off the assembly line
even the ati drivers wont install.. it shows a message saying the graphic adapter is not supported.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
then check the windows version and your driver version to see that they match like sam said.
If it matches, try right-clicking and run as administrator.

Did you install any other graphics drivers from any other sources?

akn75

Broken In
Help required
My 2 month old laptop is not switching on :( It was running on battery mode and I was away for a while. When I came back I saw the power button light is blinking, I tried to on it by clicking the power button but no response. I thought the battery is down and switch on the power cable. Still no response, so I force shut down by pressing the power button. It is not switching on after that... Any help is really appreciated.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Help required
My 2 month old laptop is not switching on :( It was running on battery mode and I was away for a while. When I came back I saw the power button light is blinking, I tried to on it by clicking the power button but no response. I thought the battery is down and switch on the power cable. Still no response, so I force shut down by pressing the power button. It is not switching on after that... Any help is really appreciated.

Power button blinking? Thats the laptop in sleep mode AFAIK...
Let the battery charge for a while and then keep in connected to the power source and try switching on...

tusharkeshri

Broken In
Help required

May be try taking out the battery and on the laptop without battery i think this should work

Anirban Dev

Broken In
I went to some of the big shops in bhubaneswar. Most no longer carry the 6121tx. those who do wont budge below 55k. However, the 6165 is available in 57 k. Is that a good deal under current situation, or is the 6165 too on the verge of being phased out to make way for a similar model with a better gpu? Anyone have any info on this?

akn75

Broken In
May be try taking out the battery and on the laptop without battery i think this should work

Thank you all.
It was a strange problem... I tried all possible options and it didn't work. This morning I switch on the laptop and see the booting blue screen.. I was happy but then the screen went blank, I use the finger print sensor to login. It was successful as I heard the windows logon sound. I tried close and open the lid but no use but I left it close for sometime. I tried open it after 2-3 hours, surprisingly the I could see the windows logon on the screen. I still don't know what was wrong :(

maddy1205

bloody hell mate!!!!
Help required

i had faced the same problem last week...happend 2-3 times...every time i took out the battery and placed it back, it started working....

since your laptop is 2 months old, it must be in warranty, visit HP service center.

sarthak

In the zone
Thank you all.
It was a strange problem... I tried all possible options and it didn't work. This morning I switch on the laptop and see the booting blue screen.. I was happy but then the screen went blank, I use the finger print sensor to login. It was successful as I heard the windows logon sound. I tried close and open the lid but no use but I left it close for sometime. I tried open it after 2-3 hours, surprisingly the I could see the windows logon on the screen. I still don't know what was wrong :(

If the problem persists call HP support.

I went to some of the big shops in bhubaneswar. Most no longer carry the 6121tx. those who do wont budge below 55k. However, the 6165 is available in 57 k. Is that a good deal under current situation, or is the 6165 too on the verge of being phased out to make way for a similar model with a better gpu? Anyone have any info on this?

For 2k more 6165 is a better deal. But seeing that 6121 came about 4-5 months after 6017, and 6165 came after 6121 in the same time, a new model with 7000 series gpu might be coming soon.

tusharkeshri

Broken In
guys help me out whenever i try to access hit the escape button during the booting to access the system recovery it displays a list a menu after when i press f11 for system recovery it says that windows fail to start and whenever i exit from that windows loads fine, and one more thing the laptop came with 680 GB partition and i have manually created three more partition from it so after using the recovery option will all partitions will be erased or just the c drive

CloudS

Broken In
for the cooling, the cooler fans placed below the vents doesn't seem to change the temp. Should they be blowing air into the vent or sucking out of it?

sarthak

In the zone
The new dv6-7000 revealed with Ivy Bridge and Nvidia GT630 graphics.
HP Pavilion dv6-7000 Entertainment Notebook PC series specifications - HP Products for Home and Home Office products

guys help me out whenever i try to access hit the escape button during the booting to access the system recovery it displays a list a menu after when i press f11 for system recovery it says that windows fail to start and whenever i exit from that windows loads fine, and one more thing the laptop came with 680 GB partition and i have manually created three more partition from it so after using the recovery option will all partitions will be erased or just the c drive

Did you convert the disk to dynamic to make the partitions ? If so then it might not be able to boot into the recovery menu. When you use recovery option everything will be erased and your laptop will be as it was when you first opened it.

Top Bottom