the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

red dragon

Master troll
EDIT:
ISSUE #2:
There seems to be a minor issue with the spacebar of my lappy.When I tap the spacebar at the leftmost edge(bottom corner) no space appears on screen.However, a hard press makes a space appear on-screen.This issue is not there at the rightmost edge.I'd like to know if anyone else is facing the same problem.

My laptop is: dv6-6121tx.
May not be an issue,implented intentionally to prevent accidental space bar press specially for touch typers.
Two particular keys i.e the caps lock and the left side of spacebar is unintentionally pressed many times by the left lil finger of touch typers(I do make these mistakes all the time)
It might be a good move from hp.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@vijayantp @red dragon With 80% CPU usage and coolsense on, temperatures would hardly go above 75 even under maximum processor load. I tried this in summer last year. It is because processor consumes way too less power at 80% than at 100%.
I am running the same power configuration now. Idle temps are b/w 30-40.

@red dragon : I am not accusing you of anything. We all know HP has struggled with heating problems and Pavilion series have had a notorious past. But current generation Pavilions are very much comparable to similar spec'd XPS and Lenovo notebooks in terms of heating.

CATALU/\/A

Soccer Aficionado
I have my CCC version as 2011.0315.958.16016
Is it the latest version? If not, how should I update it...

I cannot download CCC from the AMD site as it is not detecting my graphic card.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ ,anually download the latest gfx driver package from AMD's website - Uninstall the current drivers > Run Driver Sweeper and clean off any left ver of the gfx card driver > Install the new driver and you will get latest CCC ;-)

swooosh32

Broken In
@vijayantp @red dragon With 80% CPU usage and coolsense on, temperatures would hardly go above 75 even under maximum processor load. I tried this in summer last year. It is because processor consumes way too less power at 80% than at 100%.
I am running the same power configuration now. Idle temps are b/w 30-40.

@red dragon : I am not accusing you of anything. We all know HP has struggled with heating problems and Pavilion series have had a notorious past. But current generation Pavilions are very much comparable to similar spec'd XPS and Lenovo notebooks in terms of heating.

How do you get Coolsense to work? It isn't installed on my laptop, and when I try to install it - it says that Coolsense is not supported on this machine?4

themohit

Broken In
hi i am experiencing screen tearing issues in mafia 2 no matter what settings i try and i am using 12.1 whql drivers so it is latest whereas i am getting well above 45 fps in ultra setting so is there any solution to it or anyone else experiencing the same issue please help

Last edited:

richie

Right off the assembly line
hey guys a little help here!!! even in fixed mode and with the power supply on wen i open the amd catalyst all i get is the basic settings..i cannot change my screen resolution on it wen im connected with a external monitor..i can do it with only the intel control panel...wat can b done?

themohit

Broken In
Sorry, I meant to say it gives me an error message when I try to open it! It came pre-installed on my machine, but like I said, it doesn't work.

then you must have deactivated hp service(if u are getting coolsense is not supported on ur machine ) by going into msconfig.exe or you u have uninstalled hp support assistant and coolsense is uninstalled with support assistant

swooosh32

Broken In
then you must have deactivated hp service(if u are getting coolsense is not supported on ur machine ) by going into msconfig.exe or you u have uninstalled hp support assistant and coolsense is uninstalled with support assistant

Hmmm, as far as I'm aware I haven't uninstalled it! I'll have a look anyway though to check if I have HP support assistant.

prasathlr

Broken In
Today I was playing Most Wanted in LAN(WI-FI) with my friends in college. And suddenly My lappy Lost signal and when i tried checking i dint find the Wi-Fi drivers or Notification at all. In network settings there is no Option of Wi-Fi at all.
I tried checking everywhere in HP support Assistant abt the drivers and i am not able to find any. Plz help Me :( :-(

pulkit24

Right off the assembly line
So, dear OP and other satisfied HP customers, any updates on your experience with your dv6 laptops?

Given HP's terrible hardware quality history, questionable adherence to warranty promises, and hopeless after-sales customer service, it would be surprising that none of you have faced any issues yet. :p

Have you? Or can it be safely concluded that the whole fiasco with HP's brand image occurred due to the batch of faulty Nvidia graphic cards in the 2007-09 period? In the latter case, I would very much like to purchase a dv6-6140tx. :)

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
So, dear OP and other satisfied HP customers, any updates on your experience with your dv6 laptops?

Given HP's terrible hardware quality history, questionable adherence to warranty promises, and hopeless after-sales customer service, it would be surprising that none of you have faced any issues yet. :p

Have you? Or can it be safely concluded that the whole fiasco with HP's brand image occurred due to the batch of faulty Nvidia graphic cards in the 2007-09 period? In the latter case, I would very much like to purchase a dv6-6140tx. :)

My keyboard stopped working for some reason... you can count it as poor hardware quality
I called the customer care. They were stupid and asked me to update the bios while I was on the latest version already... poor customer care
However they understood it war a hardware glitch after 2 hours of phone calls and sent a replacement to my home in 2 days :)

sarthak

In the zone

Had a minor issue with the headphone jack........they replaced the motherboard in 2 days :)

Top Bottom