the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Prongs298

In the zone
i want to know whether i should use my laptop while connected to the charger or should i use it on battery once it gets completely charged?

saurav_wow

Broken In
please tell me how to reduce the level of battery wear. Mine is increasing every two weeks.i am using on ac power mostly after it is charged fully.And also i am running on battery and discharging them once in every 3 days.reply soon guys

my 6165tx is just 4 moths old and my battery wear reached almost 12 %. i was also worried about the wear issue until the day my little brother was playing NFS:Run on my laptop on battery power.

since I was not monitoring.. he palayed until the laptop shut off automatically due to reduced charge level.. (he ignored the low battery warning that popped up)

when I rebooted and checked, my battery wear was back at 1 %..(after full charge)

so i suggest that you let your laptop run out of battery completely and let it shut down automatically.. it should get your battery wear back to normal)

but I suggest that you turn of your computer at 5 % level and boot to BIOS and let it run until shutdown..

red dragon

Master troll
Your little brother taught you how to calibrate a battery.

It is really strange that you guys do not even know these absolute basic things...but can fight tirelessly over things like Mac vs. PC or benchmark results.

Sent from Galaxy S2

saurav_wow

Broken In
And the reason to turn off at 5%?

Sent from Galaxy S2

I just took that number since my laptop always shows a warning at 7% and I assumed that it is a safe %(5%) which should be enough to save your work...shutdown and reboot into BIOS.. without the risk of running out of battery while doing so..

it is just my assumption.. you can also select any other % level you deem fit while calibrating the battery, it is up-to you. I just suggested.

Your little brother taught you how to calibrate a battery.

not exactly.. i would never calibrate my laptop battery in a way my Little brother did(accidentally) i would rather do it my way as I have suggested above.

Last edited:

themohit

Broken In
Guide to update your intel + amd / ati graphics driver

well i thought many were asking on how to update there graphics driver so i thought of solving that problem
here is how u shd do it this guide implies to all new dv4 and dv6 and other intel plus amd with switchable graphics
method 1
1)got to leshcat blog IT Tips & Tricks
2)read the faq on the right side of site on how to update ur driver
it is bit geeky but definitely worth it if u want to play latest games. ask on that site if any problem comes .
well u might not like to get leshcat driver but it is actually pretty safe as i am using it for quite some while and no problem has come up by far
so if u insist there is another method
method 2
1) uninstall all amd software by going into control panel then reboot
2) clean driver remains by driver sweeper then reboot
3) download latest hp official driver and the install then reboot
4) then download latest driver from amd site *support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalystSoftwareSuiteVersion121.aspx or *support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst122Previewdriverrreleasenotes.aspx
5) then install it by custom installation and deselecting amd drivers and installing rest .reboot if application asks
6) then go to start menu>device manager>display adapters>amd 6XXX>under driver tab choose update driver >then browse computer for driver >let me pick from a list of drivers>click on have disk>then go to c>(to which ever folder u extracted driver from amd site) and selecting the inf file searching in the folders of sub directory .
7) then ur driver will be update reboot on ask
now u shd have latest amd drivers
i think this will help people .if i made a mistake do tell me or u can ask any question

prasathlr

Broken In
Yeah Dv6 6121tx has been discontinued. You'll have to go for 6165tx. I bought my laptop 3 days back. Even I wanted to go for 6121TX. Flipkart went out of stock so had to settle for this one.

The best part i got 12% discount on this purchase since my bro is employee of HP. So i got 6165tx for 51k

Last edited:

Chinmay91

Insomniac
ISSUE #1:
There seems to be a problem copying from a CD/DVD to hard drive in my laptop.Whenever I insert any video cd/dvd and try to copy the MPEGAV or VIDEO_TS folders, Windows hangs, and the only option for me would be to remove the battery and put it again because Windows won't even Shut Down.
But, if I right click on the DVD/CD Drive and click copy and paste it in my HDD it works perfectly.
Is this an issue anyone else is also facing? Please suggest a solution.By the way, the cd/dvds i tried to copy are not copy-protected.

EDIT:
ISSUE #2:
There seems to be a minor issue with the spacebar of my lappy.When I tap the spacebar at the leftmost edge(bottom corner) no space appears on screen.However, a hard press makes a space appear on-screen.This issue is not there at the rightmost edge.I'd like to know if anyone else is facing the same problem.

My laptop is: dv6-6121tx.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
ISSUE #1:
There seems to be a problem copying from a CD/DVD to hard drive in my laptop.Whenever I insert any video cd/dvd and try to copy the MPEGAV or VIDEO_TS folders, Windows hangs, and the only option for me would be to remove the battery and put it again because Windows won't even Shut Down.
But, if I right click on the DVD/CD Drive and click copy and paste it in my HDD it works perfectly.
Is this an issue anyone else is also facing? Please suggest a solution.By the way, the cd/dvds i tried to copy are not copy-protected.

Have you tried taking out DVD when PC hangs?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Anyone knws how to run CS 1.6 in full screen? It runs like a window :/

Please help me out :)

Go to Settings > Display and unselect Run in a window
If it is not there google for CS 1.6 Full screen patch

ISSUE #1:

EDIT:
ISSUE #2:
There seems to be a minor issue with the spacebar of my lappy.When I tap the spacebar at the leftmost edge(bottom corner) no space appears on screen.However, a hard press makes a space appear on-screen.This issue is not there at the rightmost edge.I'd like to know if anyone else is facing the same problem.

My laptop is: dv6-6121tx.

#1 Pretty common issue. I have wasted a couple of DVDs due to this problem. Use Power2Go or Nero for Copying. Windows CD/DVD burner utility is **** :))

#2 Might be due to dust or some other problem. I had some problem in the past when half of the keys stopped working. I got the keyboard replaced from HP within 2 days :mrgreen:

Chinmay91

Insomniac
#2 Might be due to dust or some other problem. I had some problem in the past when half of the keys stopped working. I got the keyboard replaced from HP within 2 days :mrgreen:
Firstly, Thank you for the fast response guys,This thread is gr8
I don't think it is due to dust because the laptop is only 2 weeks old and I have been cleaning the keyboard.I will take it to a Service Centre this weekend.

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
hey guys,

1.It seems hp has locked the bios.So,we cannot increase the fan speed from normal 30 percent by using MSI after burner.even if i increase the fan speed,the fan doesn't increase its speed.
Does anyone know about it ???

2.Secondly,I guess heating issues are not much in this laptop.I play batman aarkham city,dirt 3, crysis 2 all in max graphics.Temp peaks at 66-68 degree and lies between 62 -65 degree generally.I have kept maximum processor utilization at 80 % and I use coolmaster U3 also.

Your views please ! reply soon

thanks and regards

Firstly, Thank you for the fast response guys,This thread is gr8
I don't think it is due to dust because the laptop is only 2 weeks old and I have been cleaning the keyboard.I will take it to a Service Centre this weekend.

better use a keyboard guard to protect it from dust

red dragon

Master troll
hey guys,

2.Secondly,I guess heating issues are not much in this laptop.I play batman aarkham city,dirt 3, crysis 2 all in max graphics.Temp peaks at 66-68 degree and lies between 62 -65 degree generally.I have kept maximum processor utilization at 80 % and I use coolmaster U3 also.

Because it is winter bro.

Top Bottom