the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

velociraptor

Broken In
hey my hp dv6 6165tx cant read the dual layer dvds i tried several and also new one which came with digit magazine .. ia m lot of frustated . i thought that it will be a dual layer writer but it cant read even dual layer....

aniket.cain

Padawan
hey my hp dv6 6165tx cant read the dual layer dvds i tried several and also new one which came with digit magazine .. ia m lot of frustated . i thought that it will be a dual layer writer but it cant read even dual layer....

I have a 6121TX and it has a dual layer writer for sure. I have burnt several DL-DVDs in the past one month. Never had any problems what-so-ever.

vinwins

Right off the assembly line
Bought my hp dv6-6121tx few days back. but amd auto detect does not install new drivers saying that your graphic card adapter does not comply. how to update drivers???
And my 3d mark vantage score is 6416. is it fine?????

Inflo

Right off the assembly line
I have a question.
Does hp have a variant of dv6 6121tx that comes with AMD 6490M graphics card?
Need to know asap.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't but just want to confirm.

sarthak

In the zone

I haven't written any dual layer discs, but it reads all the dics that came with digit.

Bought my hp dv6-6121tx few days back. but amd auto detect does not install new drivers saying that your graphic card adapter does not comply. how to update drivers???
And my 3d mark vantage score is 6416. is it fine?????

Go to AMD website and download the drivers from there or use the search in thread option to find the link.

I have a question.
Does hp have a variant of dv6 6121tx that comes with AMD 6490M graphics card?
Need to know asap.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't but just want to confirm.

Nope.......you have i5+6490m in 6155tx.

rider

as Kratos
Which Catalyst version did you download? Most likely it is Catalyst 11.10 - the October driver.
dude, i installed latest driver from hp website then latest one from AMD website but still getting info of 3 months old drivers. WHY?

velociraptor

Broken In
dude, i installed latest driver from hp website then latest one from AMD website but still getting info of 3 months old drivers. WHY?

dude i gave you the link to download the drivers those are specialy optimized try those they are the latest

hey every one while using my laptop it suddenly freezes and do not responds i try to shut down it but fail ..ultimately i have to press power button for long and than restart it .so please suggest me what should i do now ?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
dude i gave you the link to download the drivers those are specialy optimized try those they are the latest

hey every one while using my laptop it suddenly freezes and do not responds i try to shut down it but fail ..ultimately i have to press power button for long and than restart it .so please suggest me what should i do now ?

seems like everyday a new member is coming up with this problem.I've been facing this along with another member..but no solution has been found yet.
well i have another issue along with the one mentioned above-all the old gen games like NFS Most Wanted,NFS Carbon and Total Overdose dont run in full screen mode,and it is very depressing sometimes.whereas my friend's vaio(full hd) runs them in full screen mode.
kindly help me out guys.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
Well,DV6 magic has begun!

Exactly same thing happened to another dv6 thread in some other forum in 2009.

And honestly,most of you who bought it did know things gonna screw up sooner or later.
So why complain now?
You knew very well that after 6 months or so you will be spending more time on cooling pads and drivers rather than gaming.
Thank God it is still winter,just imagine what will happen in June,July?

Gaming on laptop is stupidity,
Gaming on dv6 is suicide.
Sad but true(ask google uncle those who do not trust me)

Sent from Galaxy S2

Last edited:

akn75

Broken In

HP tech support asked me to reinstall, update driver etc. But still have this problem. They asked me if I would like to go with the replacement option and I agreed to it. One can avail this option within 15 days of purchase. I started facing this problem the very next day I bought it. Hope this problem will be resolved.

Prongs298

In the zone
we rest our case that a laptop or any thing for that matter is as good as the user. nothing is ordinary if you know how to use it. we dont need macs just because they dont have any problems.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
seems like everyday a new member is coming up with this problem.I've been facing this along with another member..but no solution has been found yet.
well i have another issue along with the one mentioned above-all the old gen games like NFS Most Wanted,NFS Carbon and Total Overdose dont run in full screen mode,and it is very depressing sometimes.whereas my friend's vaio(full hd) runs them in full screen mode.
kindly help me out guys.

hey guys,i think i've found a solution to the freezing issue of my laptop.I'm not exactly sure as to what the real cause was,but I tried two things
1.restored my overclocked GPU to its default clocks.however it still created problem once.
2.reinstalled All the original drivers from hp support centre.this has really done the trick and I've been testing this machine since last 3 hours,but no problem has appeared.earlier it used to freeze once atleast every two hour.

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
hello,

I have a doubt.Does increasing the fan speed from normal 30% to higher 50-60 % affect anything ? i have installed MSI afterburner.reply soon guys !!

Chinmay91

Insomniac
I have noticed that my laptop(HP dv6-6121tx) has a strange illumination in the lower right hand(lower right corner) when the display is off.When the display automatically goes off in Power Saving mode, there is a strange illumination in the lower right bottom, the rest of the screen remains black.
Is this something I should worry about? or is it caused due to the glowing HP logo(which is also in the lower right corner)?
Please reply.

vijayantp

HP DV6 6165TX
I have noticed that my laptop(HP dv6-6121tx) has a strange illumination in the lower right hand(lower right corner) when the display is off.When the display automatically goes off in Power Saving mode, there is a strange illumination in the lower right bottom, the rest of the screen remains black.
Is this something I should worry about? or is it caused due to the glowing HP logo(which is also in the lower right corner)?
Please reply.

it is there for everybody.it is because of the hp logo.there is nothing to worry.it doesn't affect anything.

red dragon

Master troll
we rest our case that a laptop or any thing for that matter is as good as the user. nothing is ordinary if you know how to use it. we dont need macs just because they dont have any problems.
Yes;I do not know how to baby a laptop.
After all I do have a real life.
Who told you that you need a Mac?
BTW,I do have a couple of Windows laptop also,and I do know a thing or two about Windows also along with o.sX,i o.s and android;);)

Sent from Galaxy S2

Top Bottom