the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Anybody bought DV6-6155 extended warranty? Planning to buy the laptop on Sat, so is it better to buy from the same shop or online ?? Please also share the cost of 2 yrs extended warranty. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE

2 years extended warranty will cost you 4830 + tax.
You can buy it online within 3 months of purchase, if you are on a tight budget, though its not actually fully online service. They have outsourced it to some third party to whom you need to make the payment. They will send you the hard copy to your address.

digyourpc

Broken In
please help me guys im going to buy hp dv6 6165 tx this sunday ,please tell me which shop in delhi will be good for this
I purchased my dv6 6165tx from vipin imports, nehru place, delhi for 56600 on this monday only and also got carry bag, keyguard, quantum mouse and intex headphone.....

rider

as Kratos
i have a hp dv6-6121tx.i want to upgrade my ram from 4gb to 8 gb.
i currrently have single module 4 gb ddr3 1333 mhz, latency 9-9-9,made by hynix(hyundai)
(please check latency if i am wrong,i checked in cpuz)
i have following options-
1)Flipkart: Gskill SQ DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (F3-10666CL9S-4GBSQ): Ram
2)Flipkart: Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9): Ram
3)Flipkart: ADATA Premier DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (AD3S1333C4G9-R): Ram
well i read a comment that adata ram (3rd optiom) didn't work in hp probook and that worries me a lot,
as i can't get the same ram(hynix) and now have to go with most probably with the gskill one.
PLEASE TELL ME -WILL THE GSKILL RAM WORK.(I WANT TO CREATE DUAL CHANNEL).

MOD EDIT: Please do not post personal info like email id, etc.
I am using Kingston one.. I bought it for 1200 rupees and it is working fine :)

rider

as Kratos
Heyy guys i updated my 6165tx's drivers from AMD website but in system info Run>dxdiag>display
Version is 8.882.2.3000
Date is 30.9.2011
:shock:

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heyy guys i updated my 6165tx's drivers from AMD website but in system info Run>dxdiag>display
Version is 8.882.2.3000
Date is 30.9.2011
Which Catalyst version did you download? Most likely it is Catalyst 11.10 - the October driver.

velociraptor

Broken In
Version is 8.882.2.3000
Date is 30.9.2011

try these drivers . very nice updated ones specialy optimized for rage i am currently using these and no problems yet

Catalyst 12.1a UnifL.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
please tell me how to reduce the level of battery wear. Mine is increasing every two weeks.i am using on ac power mostly after it is charged fully.And also i am running on battery and discharging them once in every 3 days.reply soon guys
Not a big deal. Happens with everyone. Don't be paranoid. It's a laptop.

prasathlr

Broken In
Hi everyone!!

After going thru this site i got to knw HP dv6-6165TX is an awesome beast. I bought it today. And i went thru the threads but i am still not getting a clear idea abt the drivers to be updated and BIOS changing. so can anyone let me which are the bloatware to be removed and what to do abt drivers update?

I have been searching from mornng still i am clueless. Plz help me :( :(

akn75

Broken In
Hi everyone!!

After going thru this site i got to knw HP dv6-6165TX is an awesome beast. I bought it today. And i went thru the threads but i am still not getting a clear idea abt the drivers to be updated and BIOS changing. so can anyone let me which are the bloatware to be removed and what to do abt drivers update?

I have been searching from mornng still i am clueless. Plz help me :( :(

BIOS update --> HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)

akn75

Broken In
I am facing a frequent freezing problem with my brand new 6165tx :( It hangs quite often, 2-3 times a day. I have to force shutdown and then start. Also see the blue screen couple of time...
I have updated the BIOS and graphics driver and change the CCC to High performance.
I noticed that this problem occurs during the power failure. Usually it takes a minute to get the power supply back with the generator. There was flickering problem earlier and then I resolved it by changed the CCC setting to high performance.

Today I lodged a complaint with HP tech support and they asked me to run the memory and hard drive test. No issues so far. Now they are suggesting me to re-install the OS.

Anybody has similar experience? Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I am facing a frequent freezing problem with my brand new 6165tx :( It hangs quite often, 2-3 times a day. I have to force shutdown and then start. Also see the blue screen couple of time...
I have updated the BIOS and graphics driver and change the CCC to High performance.
I noticed that this problem occurs during the power failure. Usually it takes a minute to get the power supply back with the generator. There was flickering problem earlier and then I resolved it by changed the CCC setting to high performance.

Today I lodged a complaint with HP tech support and they asked me to run the memory and hard drive test. No issues so far. Now they are suggesting me to re-install the OS.

Anybody has similar experience? Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks

its exactly the same problem i'm currently facing on my dv6-6121tx...when running on battery mode,the laptop freezes and needs to be force shut down...however it runs perfectly on ac power...the support technician has also asked me to perform hdd and memory test from bios....dont know what the issue is..

ntomer

Broken In
Hi,

I installed X-Men Wolverine Origins game on my 6165TX. It works alright, but won't run on full screen; even when I have set the resolution as 1024*768 in the game.

Please help.

Regards

Nitin

Last edited:
Top Bottom