the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

akhilfree

Broken In
thanks man
the cam works in sunlight but its useless inside the house.so thats ridiculous!!

BUT i have the same bluetooth problem. i cant find the bluetooth icon in system tray any more. could u please tell me step by step how to enable btooth and transfer files from my cellphone to laptop.PLZ PLZ reply soon.

go through these links and see if it solves the problem.

Add a Bluetooth enabled device to your computer

Change settings for a Bluetooth enabled device

anish6121

Right off the assembly line
go through these links and see if it solves the problem.

Add a Bluetooth enabled device to your computer

Change settings for a Bluetooth enabled device

thanks for the help..but i know the usual method of using bluetooth..
my problem is this particular laptop. when i press f12 key the light turns white but then windows gives a message that usb device not recognized. u said that after a fresh install u had a similar situation . so how did u solved it??

Use the brilliant search function of Windows7,write bluetooth and hit enter.
I hope you know where to look for the search icon and enter key.

dude, learn to respect others and MAYBE somebody will rsepect u too...

AND ya i know about many brilliant functions in windows 7..so i was asking about the bluetooth 3.0 icon that used to appear in system tray when i bought the laptop but its no longer there after factory reset..

Maharajajaja

Broken In
hey guys i m thinking of buying a hp dv6-6165tx but am concerned about many issues like with opengl and problems with dedicated graphic card...
i wanna know if the problems still exist in new ones? if yes then are they fixable

prasanna2991

Right off the assembly line
hey guys i m thinking of buying a hp dv6-6165tx but am concerned about many issues like with opengl and problems with dedicated graphic card...
i wanna know if the problems still exist in new ones? if yes then are they fixable

The OpenGL issues have been fixed ages ago! You should read the previous posts in the thread :p. The graphics card is switchable. What problems are you talking about?

red dragon

Master troll
dude, learn to respect others and MAYBE somebody will rsepect u too...

AND ya i know about many brilliant functions in windows 7..so i was asking about the bluetooth 3.0 icon that used to appear in system tray when i bought the laptop but its no longer there after factory reset..
Do you think I really care?
I did not mean to be disrespectful.

rajasekhar911

Broken In
Hi

i used Gparted liev cd created a partition and but it messed up my windows
so i thought i will do a clean installation .
i am able to install ubuntu. i created a ntfs partition for windows also .
but now during windows installationit does not detect my hard drive at all .
(ubuntu was able to see drive but not partition. now this . what a lucky man i am :-x) .

it is asking for drivers . i tried some which i have . but it did not work
it seems the drive not detecting is a common issue with windows 7
(they have suggested some bios fix, i can't do that as my bios does not provide the option) .

so can anyone help me with the motherboard make of 6165tx , so that i can download driver from intel and try again .
or else i will have to clean my HDD .

What are those SYSTEM and HP_TOOLS partitions for?
are those necessary? can i remove them?

thanks

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@amish6121 Go to control panel > Notification area icons > Windows host process (Rundll 32) [has a bluetooth icon] and change it to show icons and notifications. Hope this helps

For 6017tx and 6121tx users Go to drivers download page for 6165tx and download SimplePass 2012. It is much better in grabbing passwords

akhilfree

Broken In
@anish
"when i press f12 key the light turns white but then windows gives a message that usb device not recognized. u said that after a fresh install u had a similar situation . so how did u solved it??"

I was not getting any error, it was just that one of the usb devices was not recognized/installed in the device manager. I did nothing as it caused no problems for me.

Issue you are having with bluetooth seems more like related to drivers. only thing i can suggest is to re install drivers and enable bluetooth in device manger,if it isn't already.
But you have already tried that, sorry can't be of much help there.

red dragon

Master troll
Hi

i used Gparted liev cd created a partition and but it messed up my windows
so i thought i will do a clean installation .
i am able to install ubuntu. i created a ntfs partition for windows also .
but now during windows installationit does not detect my hard drive at all .
(ubuntu was able to see drive but not partition. now this . what a lucky man i am :-x) .

it is asking for drivers . i tried some which i have . but it did not work
it seems the drive not detecting is a common issue with windows 7
(they have suggested some bios fix, i can't do that as my bios does not provide the option) .

so can anyone help me with the motherboard make of 6165tx , so that i can download driver from intel and try again .
or else i will have to clean my HDD .

What are those SYSTEM and HP_TOOLS partitions for?
are those necessary? can i remove them?

thanks

Unfortunately you will probably have to prepare your HDD for Windows to recognize it.It is not a driver issue.

Even if you manage to install windows,you will probably have to reinstall GRUB,as Windows will destroy it(Windows does not really like any other o.s with it:-x)

You can try deleting linux codes using CLEAN ALL command.
I think you know how to open diskpart at system start up(insert the Windows 7 installation DVD and restart the laptop, at the first black/screen hit the space bar for the "Press any key ... " prompt, then at the "Language" screen hold the "Shift" key and hit the F10 hot-key to open a command window)

Now do the followings,
1.In the command window that opens type diskpart then hit the <enter> key then type list disk <enter>

2.Now in the command window type select disk # (# = target disk number) then <enter>, you will get "Disk # is now the selected disk".

3.Now type,clean all <enter>

4.It will take a lot of time,do not panic,when it finishes you'll get "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk" in the command window.

6.Still in the same command window, to create a partition of say 100GB you would add the size you want to create in MBs
type create partition primary size=102400 <enter>
You can always extend the Windows partition to include the remaining unallocated space on the HDD or create additional Primary partitions or an extended partition after the installation completes if you want.
(Do not format the created partition(s) with the installer if you create them using this process as the installer will delete all the information)

6.To leave diskpart and return to the Windows 7 installer type exit two (2) separate times and hit <enter> after each and you will be returned to the installer to continue the installation process.
(I will repeat DO NOT format the partitions again from the installer,it will screw up all the works done before)

Now rest of the things are easy,complete windows 7 install...

There must be some easier method to install Windows over Ubuntu and restoring the GRUB menu,but I am out of touch from both Windows and Ubuntu for a long time now and forgot all those nitty gritties.

rajasekhar911

Broken In
@red dragon
thanks for the detailed reply and the warning about not partitioning again .
i was keeping diskpart as the last measure as it will probably remove
SYSTEM & HP_TOOLS partition also . now i guess i have to go ahead with that.
Do u know what those partitions are for ?
(I know you r not an "HP" guy .. :lol: still .. )

red dragon

Master troll
I am not sure what they are(probably usual HP garbage,which you can download again if you need to),but I deleted them all from the dv6 I had.
In fact I was never bothered to create back up discs also.

rider

as Kratos
What is the differences between 6121tx and 6165tx except 10% powerful processor and 110 GB more HDD ?
Please tell me the difference in detail.

Last edited:

rajasekhar911

Broken In
diskpart helped . i have windows7 and ubuntu11.10 now :grin:
and logical volumes created in extended partition

diskpart : clean all took hell lot of time . i waited for 3 hrs :-x after that i went to sleep :lol: and continued today mrng .

now , to prepare windows install drivers , softwares ... :|

What is the differences between 6121tx and 6165tx except 10% powerful processor and 110 GB more HDD ?

HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx Entertainment Notebook PC (QB367PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

6165 : no backlit KB

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
The processor isn't 10% better. Only a higher clock.

@rajashekhar
Neither has backlit KB

rajasekhar911

Broken In
But on HP's site, 6165 specs' say, it has backlit keyboard. :-?

@rajashekhar
Neither has backlit KB

in HP's website , it is mentioned that 6165 has backlit KB . but it doesn't .
that is why i added that comment .

as for rider's question , i don't think there are any other differences .

I told you that it will take a long time,didn`t I?
:lol: it took longer than long time , isn't it ? :lol:
thnx for your help , man

Top Bottom