the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

cyanide911

Broken In
So I ordered a 6017tx for 49k, I got a 6121tx shipped to me. How I wish the OpenGL problem didn't exist in this.

You guys think I should return it? I don't play Minecraft although I was planning to start using the Adobe CS suite of products.
But I think HP/AMD would solve this problem ASAP.

And are you guys positive that the 6121tx=6017tx when it comes to normal DirectX gaming? Does this new muxless switching cause a performance drop there too?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Cyanide, going through aniket.cain's posts, I am not very hopeful. He is having the same one and its gaming performance is not upto the mark.

Please let us know the gaming performances for you. *fingers crossed*
all the best

amirtaraj

Broken In
Did anyone got hands on HP dv4-3016tx?
Is there any graphics issue with it?
Which one is better dv6-6121tx or dv4-3016tx ,screen size and cost difference wont matter much but I will be playing lots of games and using CAD softwares so will the i7 have good advantage and will there be issue with the new graphiccard architecture in 6100 series?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
So I ordered a 6017tx for 49k, I got a 6121tx shipped to me. How I wish the OpenGL problem didn't exist in this.

You guys think I should return it? I don't play Minecraft although I was planning to start using the Adobe CS suite of products.

And are you guys positive that the 6121tx=6017tx when it comes to normal DirectX gaming? Does this new muxless switching cause a performance drop there too?
Performance drop is insignificant. OpenGL problems will be solved in 6 to 12 months (Going by time Nvidia took to solve a similar problem).

aniket.cain

Padawan

If you have installed any game, run it at all the settings maxxed out, or run a benchmark and please post your frame counts. I am not alone with this problem, there are other people with it too.

tejasxs

www.gogiz.in
hi friends,
i'hv been reading this thread since a month,
yet to buy the laptop.

After acknowledging the Radeon problem i am considering Lenovo as an option.
so its,

HP dv6 6017tx (ATI 6770m)
vs
lenovo ideapad y570
.(NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M)

(other configs same)

Actually i read this link

any suggestions??

ps:does lenovo has a good service in india?

cyanide911

Broken In
@aniket: I have and ran CoD:Black Ops.
Everything on high,AA=4x: Avg 50-55fps

I think it's alright. Actually I don't think the muxless switching should affect performance *that* much. Maybe 5% or so.

By the way, does the left hand palmrest become very hot for you guys too?

aniket.cain

Padawan
@aniket: I have and ran CoD:Black Ops.
Everything on high,AA=4x: Avg 50-55fps

I think it's alright. Actually I don't think the muxless switching should affect performance *that* much. Maybe 5% or so.

By the way, does the left hand palmrest become very hot for you guys too?

Congrats. :)
And yes, the left side of the palmrest becomes a little hot after little gaming. And the area near the air-vents on the left becomes a furnace.

So my machine is faulty. I think it will be a little troublesome to make the service center guy understand my problem.

cyanide911

Broken In
Well my machine gets pretty bloody hot near the palmrest while gaming. The area near the air vents (near the Esc, Tab keys) remains warm, not hot

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Ishu, I do not play minecraft or will not use ADOBE suite. My primary use will be to run informatica and Oracle BIEE. For that I need multiple Virtual PCs. Also some amount of gaming, mainly FIFA and football manager series. I understand from your posts that 6121 will be fine for all this.
Then why is Aniket facing such problems in all games? If I am going to invest 55-60K on something, I need to be absolutely sure about the product. And there is no answer to Aniket's problems.

Some more confusion.

Machinehead

Broken In
some more confusion now whether to go with 6121 or not. Its pretty difficult to live without a computer now

U know its really hittin me hard why these lenovo models arent placed yet. They'd given a date u know. April 15...

i too had given a thought for a lenovo y 570.
till date no one seems to bother>

i am in dire need of a gamin rig,,, and counted on lenovo.
but they dont show up in time. i got 15 dayz.. mere 15.

now its the HP model im running after...

sick of all the wait...

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Ishu, I do not play minecraft or will not use ADOBE suite. My primary use will be to run informatica and Oracle BIEE. For that I need multiple Virtual PCs. Also some amount of gaming, mainly FIFA and football manager series. I understand from your posts that 6121 will be fine for all this.
Then why is Aniket facing such problems in all games? If I am going to invest 55-60K on something, I need to be absolutely sure about the product. And there is no answer to Aniket's problems.

Some more confusion.
You can run FM on any PC. FIFA will run fine.

I play them both on the laptop in my sig. :D

It looks like you won't game much. I would suggest you to get Dell XPS15 (better screen & speakers). It will easily run FM anf FIFA for quite a few years.
Get FHD screen and 7200rpm HDD.

Machinehead

Broken In

hey cyanide...

A little info on where u purchased the rig wuld be helpful...

cyanide911

Broken In
HP Pavilion Notebooks
Various threads about game performance in the 6121tx here. No one is experiencing anything more than a 5% drop in gaming in the 6121tx, some even having an increase in 5% performance as compared to the 6017tx.
So I think the problem is unique with Aniket. I'll get some more games tomorrow and find out the FPSs.

And btw, I bought mine from EBay. I actually bought a 6017tx, but a shipped a 6121tx. So I got a 6121tx for 48K (After 10% max Rs1000 coupon :p)

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
It is pretty weird that a notebook which can handle this
[YOUTUBE]Xo70lNYJzuM[/YOUTUBE]

and this
[YOUTUBE]OtRnpC7ddv8[/YOUTUBE]

And even this
[YOUTUBE]jk5r1mP6om8[/YOUTUBE]

Cannot handle this damn game
[YOUTUBE]FaMTedT6P0I[/YOUTUBE]

yash.jalan92

Right off the assembly line
hey all , my brother insists me to buy 6121tx. so i need to confirm what exactly is the gpu problem?....i want to play games , so will the performance degrade on 6121tx ?

Top Bottom