the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

ashh

Broken In
@prashant

thanx man..now i am releaved..but do u get fullscreen at 1366x768 for DX10(dirt 3 , just cause 2)....plz help me in this matter..

@future dv6 buyers

so i hope now there is no more confusion regarding gaming.
6017tx and 6121tx are exactly same wrt fps.. and as a gamer i think fps is all that matters....who cares what clockspeed gpu-z shows as long as the games run smoothly....:-D

but yes as of now u cant overclock 6121tx but somebody has overclocked 6017tx...and also there is opengl issue but that is s/w related which will be solved in due course of time.....but i mostly bought it for gaming and i am really happy with it!!

@aniket
i think there is some issue with ur particular lappy

one of my friend told me not to buy HP laptops b'coz they have poor battery life..
He told me to go for dell xps 15
he says that You should compromise on Configuration

WHAT SHOULD I DO ???

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
sarathnair said:
can we install linux on 6017tx ?
:facepalm:

You can install Linux on JUST ABOUT ANY PC on this planet (other than those pentium 1 PC's
sarathsnair said:
what is the model and memory size of intel HD graphics in 6017tx ?
It has a AMD Radeon HD 6770M (1 GB DDR5). This is a SUPERB GPU
and the onboard graphics of Intel will be HD3000

chintu_1717

Right off the assembly line
Planning to buy a HP Pavilion DV6 laptop next month. Which one would u people suggest DV6-6119TX or DV6-6121TX? I will be playing games and watching movies on my new lappy.

sarathsnair

Journeyman
I am going to buy 6017tx for 53600 tomorrow.
Is it a good deal ?
Wat should i check before buying this lap, i heard that some series of intel chipset are fault. how i identirfy it ?
is 6121tx is over heating ?
reply me immediately

hey where did you get 6017tx ???
You are lucky.....tell the dealer that online price is Rs 52000 (on Hp's site) He may reduce the price..
Good deal .....

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I am going to buy 6017tx for 53600 tomorrow.
Is it a good deal ?
Wat should i check before buying this lap, i heard that some series of intel chipset are fault. how i identirfy it ?
is 6121tx is over heating ?
reply me immediately
Try to bargain a bit. You might get it for around 50k.

Chipset flaw is an old thing, don't worry about it.

AhsanTheBest

Broken In
i got 5 hrs 3min backup from my 6121tx. this was mainly net browsing, a movie and some music and i got 1hr 14min while playin crysis 2 at full grfx. i think that is decent backup for a lap of this performance.

@sarath: 6017tx costs only rs 51,600 at logtech,tvm. but they said it was out of stock when i ordered it. so i bought 6121tx instead at 54,600.

johnmathew

@sarathsnair, I have ordered a dv6 6017TX from the same oxygen digital shop. He said it would cost me around 58600 including tax and 2 year warranty :x

sarathsnair

Journeyman
i think he is charging for the 2-year warranty...

yes 1 year extended warranty cost 4000 in oxygen.

i didnt get 6017tx becoz of out of stock. so i am going to buy 6121tx. is the lap is overheating due to the huge gfx memory of 2GB than 6017tx's 1GB ?
is the back up is same for 2 models ?
is their any problem with 6121tx ? :?:
pls reply me

tom_sama

yes 1 year extended warranty cost 4000 in oxygen.

i didnt get 6017tx becoz of out of stock. so i am going to buy 6121tx. is the lap is overheating due to the huge gfx memory of 2GB than 6017tx's 1GB ?
is the back up is same for 2 models ?
is their any problem with 6121tx ? :?:
pls reply me
I have just bought hp dv6 6121tx.I have used it for continuous 4-5hrs.U cant blame the heating issue just becoz 6121tx is 2 gb.i hav seen threads regarding the heating issues of 6017tx.Normally on playing games the laptop gets heat up.
Make sure u come wit a cooling pad,which will helps a lot.I have run unigine Heaven and wit the config.high. tessellation normal and wit the native resolution wwas getting an avg of 18.1 fps hav anyone run heaven on 6017 or 6017tx?

Top Bottom