the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

aniket.cain

Padawan
I installed Crysis 2 last night, and it is working fine without lag at Hardcore settings for graphics. But somehow, CoD : Black Ops lags too much. Don't know why. And one more thing, I don't see the AMD 6770 when I run the Configure utility in Hot Pursuit. Only the Intel 3000. The same is the case when I right click the CCC utility in the system tray. Is it ok?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I installed Crysis 2 last night, and it is working fine without lag at Hardcore settings for graphics. But somehow, CoD : Black Ops lags too much. Don't know why. And one more thing, I don't see the AMD 6770 when I run the Configure utility in Hot Pursuit. Only the Intel 3000. The same is the case when I right click the CCC utility in the system tray. Is it ok?

I messed up with the graphics driver once and had this problem. Actually the drivers that come preinstalled on 6017tx do a pretty decent job. But when I updated my driver via optional windows update CoD black Ops did become laggy

evil_maverick

Journeyman
hey evil_maverick some ram sticks cause bsod's ..dv6 uses samsung rams so if ur buying an extra 4gb ram i would recommend rams made be zion or samung itself( since they are based on some micron tech)..these are the safe bets.

Thanks for the heads up!! will definitely keep that in mind.
;)

I messed up with the graphics driver once and had this problem. Actually the drivers that come preinstalled on 6017tx do a pretty decent job. But when I updated my driver via optional windows update CoD black Ops did become laggy

well i also did update the driver via windows update but also installed the hot fix rt after that.......

Thanks for the heads up!! will definitely keep that in mind.
;)

well i also did update the driver via windows update but also installed the hot fix rt after that.......

OK, this talk about drivers has got me confused. Why exactly can you not go to the AMD graphics website and download drivers from there? I do the same for nVidia (desktop and laptop).

evil_maverick

Journeyman
one q...getting around 6 to 7 MBPS file trf speeds ova wifi network at my house....copying files from a shared usb 1 tb seagate go flex....speeds good enogh??or should be more??:?:

OK, this talk about drivers has got me confused. Why exactly can you not go to the AMD graphics website and download drivers from there? I do the same for nVidia (desktop and laptop).

yeah it seems that is what we should be doing too... :D

ashh

Broken In
hi , after reading rachit's n prashant's views on 6017tx i really wanted to buy that lappy.6770m being the greatest attraction for me.

but sadly its not available here. so i had to go for 6121tx instead as it is basically same 6017tx with 640HDD n 2GB 6770m.

btw i just want a little help here...(bought it 2hrs back n i m really impatient...so noob qns)
1. how to check the radeon card no(ie 6770m) in the lappy.
2. how to reduce screen brightness.
3. where is coolsense( or smthng that prashant mentioned in an earlier post)

gonna install some games n check( i bought it mainly for gaming)..
glad to join the dv6 family..wud really appreciate any help....

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
hi , after reading rachit's n prashant's views on 6017tx i really wanted to buy that lappy.6770m being the greatest attraction for me.

but sadly its not available here. so i had to go for 6121tx instead as it is basically same 6017tx with 640HDD n 2GB 6770m.

btw i just want a little help here...(bought it 2hrs back n i m really impatient...so noob qns)
1. how to check the radeon card no(ie 6770m) in the lappy.
2. how to reduce screen brightness.
3. where is coolsense( or smthng that prashant mentioned in an earlier post)

gonna install some games n check( i bought it mainly for gaming)..
glad to join the dv6 family..wud really appreciate any help....

Congratulations on your purchase
To check Radeon graphics right click on desktop and select Configure Switchable Graphics. Select High Performance GPU if not already selected. Then Go to Control Panel > Device Manager. You'll see Radeon HD 6770M under "Display Adaptors"

To reduce screen brightness use the F2 key. To use the F2 function of that key use fn + F2

Go to Start > All Programs > HP. The coolsense application will be there

sid25290

There's No Age For Gaming
hay guys my cousin want to buy a laptop mainly for gaming
his budget is restricted to 60k max
he wants to play games like witcher 2, dragon age origins 2, assassin creed series and fable 3
he is mostly in action adventure rpgs
so my question is this
will this laptop be able to handle all these games?
can he play these games at high settings?
and which laptop can he get in the budget of 60k
how are asus msi and toshiba laptops in this price range
he will be buying this laptop from delhi
maybe from wazirpur industrial area or nehru place
thank you in advance :)

aniket.cain

Padawan
Magically, when I started CoD : Black Ops yesterday, it said that my hardware has changed, and the graphic settings will be optimized for new hardware. Now the game is running fine. But still, why only 6.6 in WEI??

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Received a LAN and wifi driver update today. I am sharing this as some of you guys have removed the bloatware :)
*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-yBlZR4StFQg/TfbgzpdhERI/AAAAAAAAAGw/UyzqzIWfSCM/s640/update.PNG

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Received a LAN and wifi driver update today. I am sharing this as some of you guys have removed the bloatware :)
*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-yBlZR4StFQg/TfbgzpdhERI/AAAAAAAAAGw/UyzqzIWfSCM/s640/update.PNG
I didnt get any updates today or yesterday, i check regularly... i guess your drivers must be old for some time...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I didnt get any updates today or yesterday, i check regularly... i guess your drivers must be old for some time...

I had checked the updates via device manager and using windows updates but no updates were available. This is the first time I am getting updates via HP support Assistant

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
I had checked the updates via device manager and using windows updates but no updates were available. This is the first time I am getting updates via HP support Assistant

I check in windows update and HP support assistant, i get updates from both these regularly... I can say that i am satisfied with HP's support assistant...

Btw i just checked and it showed me a BIOS update...

Junaid

Right off the assembly line
I got mine for 53k in delhi. So far everything is fine and i love my belkin cooling lounge (thanks rachit for suggesting).

My 3d mark 2006 score is 11717. Witcher 2 runs fine from medium to high setting. (though some slowdown in outdoor).

My only complaint is that when i tried to run games through my 1080p sony Display it shows significant slow down in gaming. So far i tried crysis 2 and withcher 2. They are running fine on 720p setting but as soon i turned on 1080p resolution their frames rates go down. I notice performances drop down to approx. 40% which is quite high for increase resolution. Is anyone tried 1080p res. yet.

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
I got mine for 53k in delhi. So far everything is fine and i love my belkin cooling lounge (thanks rachit for suggesting).

My 3d mark 2006 score is 11717. Witcher 2 runs fine from medium to high setting. (though some slowdown in outdoor).

My only complaint is that when i tried to run games through my 1080p sony Display it shows significant slow down in gaming. So far i tried crysis 2 and withcher 2. They are running fine on 720p setting but as soon i turned on 1080p resolution their frames rates go down. I notice performances drop down to approx. 40% which is quite high for increase resolution. Is anyone tried 1080p res. yet.

Congrats on ur new laptop and i am glad i helped u...

Well there is alsmost 100% pixel count increase i.e. almost twice from 720p to 1080p so a 40% performance drop is completely acceptable...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
My HP wireless assistant does not identify Bluetooth sometimes on startup. It only shows WLAN.
*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Q50zRviJJD8/TfgydV5SOMI/AAAAAAAAAHc/Jo69uYu22nM/hpwa.PNG
Any solution to this problem or alternative to wireless assistant?

aniket.cain

Padawan
Has anyone installed the BIOS Update successfully? I tried to install it, but then the system sort of froze. This was supposed to happen as BIOS was being flashed, but it got stuck like that for a very long time. I left it like that and even after an hour or so there was no improvement. I had to hard reboot by unplugging the main supply and pulling out the battery. Thankfully, the laptop started just fine. And I don't think the update was installed.

One question for 6121TX owners : Are there 2 RAM modules of 2 GB inside it or 1 module of 4 GB? I ordered a 4GB Corsair RAM from ebay, but forgot to check this simple thing. I am at present away from the laptop, so can't check.

Last edited:

Machinehead

Broken In
hello guys.
i'm new to this forum.

i'm interested in the same model 6017 TX. the dealer cries that either its out of
stock or abandoned.

well i reaaaally am in need of a decent gaming laptop sub 60K. so plz guggest ppl.
i've even given a thought for lenovo y 570. should i wait for its launch or straight away go for HP.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Has anyone installed the BIOS Update successfully? I tried to install it, but then the system sort of froze. This was supposed to happen as BIOS was being falshed, but it got stuck like that for a very long time. I left it like that and even after an hour or so there was no improvement. I had to hard reboot by unplugging the main supply and pulling out the battery. Thankfully, the laptop started just fine. And I don't think the update was installed.

One question for 6121TX owners : Are there 2 RAM modules of 2 GB inside it or 1 module of 4 GB? I ordered a 4GB Corsair RAM from ebay, but forgot to check this simple thing. I am at present away from the laptop, so can't check.

I've updated it twice without a problem

hello guys.
i'm new to this forum.

i'm interested in the same model 6017 TX. the dealer cries that either its out of
stock or abandoned.

well i reaaaally am in need of a decent gaming laptop sub 60K. so plz guggest ppl.
i've even given a thought for lenovo y 570. should i wait for its launch or straight away go for HP.

See if you can get 6121tx model

aniket.cain

Padawan
Ok. Your 6017TX model has got a single channel 4GB RAM, right? I guess then the 6121TX should have the same. I can't confirm from here as there are no details about this model on the HP's website.

Top Bottom