the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

aniket.cain

Padawan
Are hard disk and RAM user replaceable without voiding the warranty??

The back panel to relace the RAM and HDD is screwless and without any stickers to detect opening. So I guess both can be replaced without the Customer Support knowing that you did so. I added another RAM module yesterday, and it hardly took a couple of minutes.

AhsanTheBest

Broken In
hey whats a corporate offer? how do u get it. i was thinkin of buying lenovo y560 but saw the specs of dv6 6121 and changed my mind...but this is beyond the 50k margin....so if i can get that corporate offer somehow i can reduce the price to below 50k and buy the 6121...pls help

aniket.cain

Padawan
WEI rating was same, even before updating the drivers. And the rating is same for another user here who owns a 6121TX too.
Now, I just took a screenshot with GPU-Z, with Crysis 2 running in the background. And here are the results. It would show 2 results. I am posting both. Something is wrong.

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3101/5839379154_314a5e05e8.jpg

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3261/5838828331_4c9f99bb45.jpg

Last edited:

nishanth1234

Broken In
bro try these drivers which were available on the hp india website (download only the amd drivers 300mb) link-"*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&lang=en&product=5117934&"]*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&lang=en&product=5117934&"

if the above link does not work try this-*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&lang=en&product=5117934&

THE ABOVE ONES DONT SEEM TO WORK TRY THIS-----*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-95342-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&os=4063&product=5117934&sw_lang=

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
honestly, WEI ratings are nothing more than *vague* estimates to judge performance. Don't bother much with them.

bro try these drivers which were available on the hp india website (download only the amd drivers 300mb) link-"*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&lang=en&product=5117934&"]*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&lang=en&product=5117934&"

if the above link does not work try this-*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&lang=en&product=5117934&

THE ABOVE ONES DONT SEEM TO WORK TRY THIS-----*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-95342-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&os=4063&product=5117934&sw_lang=
Doesn't make much of a difference whether he gets the AMD driver from HP's site or AMD's site.

aniket.cain

Padawan

Thanks a lot. Only the last link is working and the download is in progress. I will install the drivers as soon as it is finished and report again. One question though, what is this going to fix?

aniket.cain

Padawan
I installed the drivers as mentioned but there was no change in performance. GPU-Z still shows the same speeds. It seems that a few 6770 have some problem with clock speeds. Read this.

nishanth1234

Broken In
due try overclocking your gpu with msi afetrburner or saphhire trixx

well thats all u can do now i think

and btw did u update your drivers to 11.6??

makkags

Right off the assembly line
Battery life on normal use and on gaming ?
Temperature on normal and on gaming ?

with coolest mode....temperatures in an AC room(temp around 26 C) go max to 70-75 C but in a normal room(temp around 40 C) temp goes to 85-90 C on some games like assasins creed and crysis 2.
but the good thing is as soon as u close the game the trmp comes to normal level within 2-3 minutes.
and it run fine as i hav played continuously on 80-90 C temp for 3 hours.

I want to know is light scribe and hp cloud drive are of some use.Which pre installed softs should i remove to increase my pc speed???

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
with coolest mode....temperatures in an AC room(temp around 26 C) go max to 70-75 C but in a normal room(temp around 40 C) temp goes to 85-90 C on some games like assasins creed and crysis 2.
but the good thing is as soon as u close the game the trmp comes to normal level within 2-3 minutes.
and it run fine as i hav played continuously on 80-90 C temp for 3 hours.

I want to know is light scribe and hp cloud drive are of some use.Which pre installed softs should i remove to increase my pc speed???

Light scribe is used to print on the other side of special light scribe dvds n cds using ur dvd burner and cloud drive is used if u want to store ur data on hp servers... So unless ur using these I suggest u remove them...

ndk123

hey , i too want to buy this laptop but here in my city patna i am getting it around 54k

can any one tell me which shop in kolkata sell this laptop with minimum price tag

is 6770m can play witcher 2 on ultra settings

aniket.cain

Padawan
due try overclocking your gpu with msi afetrburner or saphhire trixx

well thats all u can do now i think

and btw did u update your drivers to 11.6??

Yes, I tried updating the drivers to 11.6, but nothing changed. And I read that setting the clock speeds to the normal 725 & 800 solves the problem temporarily. But I can't overclock the GPU, because all overclocking utilities that I downloaded, ATITool and Trixx, require the ATI GPU to be set as the default. On my laptop, there is no option to set 6770 as the main graphics card, as the CCC only has the option to let choose it for specific applications. Setting it so for both the apps, or even running Crysis 2 in background doesn't help. They still demand 6770 to be set as primary. So, I'm still stuck at 216MHz for memory speed.

makkags

Light scribe is used to print on the other side of special light scribe dvds n cds using ur dvd burner and cloud drive is used if u want to store ur data on hp servers... So unless ur using these I suggest u remove them...

thanks....and what other useless programs i should uninstall to increase my pc performance.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
thanks....and what other useless programs i should uninstall to increase my pc performance.

Wireless Assistant is a ram eater. Remove it. If you want to accelerate startup time use tune-up utilities. You may choose to buy it or there are free keys available on YouTube (whatever you prefer). I never use Cyberlink DVD suite and Power2Go. Prefer vlc + nero kwiq media. If you are brave enough remove norton also

Top Bottom