the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Note for all the proud owners of HP dv6-6017tx, I am going to update the first post of this thread with your names and/or user ids so please pm me or post to let me know and i will add your name... :)
Enjoy... ;)

We'll soon be having around 5-6 owners here so why not change the name of this thread to dv6-6017tx owners lounge or something like that

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
We'll soon be having around 5-6 owners here so why not change the name of this thread to dv6-6017tx owners lounge or something like that

Its a great idea bro but i dont have enough time right now, i will have to remodel the whole first post then, and i have 3 back to back papers... i will be free from sat cuzz then there is a 3 days gap for the next paper, maybe then...

And btw bro let me know your full name so that i can edit it in the first post...

apurvcn

Broken In
55k is too much. The price on the HP India website is 52K only.Why don't you tell your dealer about the price on website
The price difference of 3K for 140GB is too much. 6017tx ix better value for money. 2GB is just a marketing strategy. The extra 1 GB is useless

6017 was available in shops for 51800.i ordered it too they also promised to giv some freebies too.but later they informed it is replaced. And now where it is still available is a crappy shop. They sayin it is 55k. What that fool is sayin is that the price on the net is excluding tax.and he ill giv it for 55 only or may be for 53 max.
So I opted for 6121.my brother bought it for 54700.he is gettin a corporate offer. So I ill get a 12% reduction in the mrp. Finally 6121 for 48k is a good deal. Waitin for the brother to come along the with lap.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
6017 was available in shops for 51800.i ordered it too they also promised to giv some freebies too.but later they informed it is replaced. And now where it is still available is a crappy shop. They sayin it is 55k. What that fool is sayin is that the price on the net is excluding tax.and he ill giv it for 55 only or may be for 53 max.
So I opted for 6121.my brother bought it for 54700.he is gettin a corporate offer. So I ill get a 12% reduction in the mrp. Finally 6121 for 48k is a good deal. Waitin for the brother to come along the with lap.

You got a good deal. 48 k is really a steal price.

naveen.raptor

Broken In

How do we get corporate discount?I had called HP toll free no earlier,but they said the corporate offer is only for those who are buying for office use,and the order has to made directly from office. My uncle is working in an MNC in bangalore.

aniket.cain

Padawan
I recently bought the HP 6121TX model with 2GB 6770 card. However, the games dont run that fluidly, and the Windows Experience rating is only 6.6 for gaming, instead of 6.9. I installed the latest 11.5b hotfix for AMD catalyst, but the issue remains the same. What could be the problem?

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
I recently bought the HP 6121TX model with 2GB 6770 card. However, the games dont run that fluidly, and the Windows Experience rating is only 6.6 for gaming, instead of 6.9. I installed the latest 11.5b hotfix for AMD catalyst, but the issue remains the same. What could be the problem?

Well firstly congrats on ur purchase... n secondly dont take the core from wei too seriously... firstly remove the unecessary bloatware from hp n then install fraps n telo us which gameu are playing with its fps, if its the same as we are gettin then ur laptop is just fine... There is only one game i came across i.e. witcher 2 that did not run on max gfx settings... all other were just fine...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent

Have you turned the ATI graphics on?
Did the hotfix install without errors? Hotfix installs properly only if you turn off the UAC or run it as Administrator
Which Antivirus are you using? If it is the defalt Norton make sure it is not performing a scan
Try some other Game. Crysis 2 is the most graphic intensive game I've played and it runs smooth

evil_maverick

Journeyman
hey ppl
i want to upgrade to 8 gb ram from the stock 4 gb in mah "tx"

so which 1 is a better deal -

Corsair 1 x 4GB DDR3 1333 Laptop RAM CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9 | eBay

or

Kingston 4GB DDR3 Laptop RAM 1333 MHZ With 5 Yrs Warra. | eBay

:)

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
hey ppl
i want to upgrade to 8 gb ram from the stock 4 gb in mah "tx"

so which 1 is a better deal -

Corsair 1 x 4GB DDR3 1333 Laptop RAM CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9 | eBay

or

Kingston 4GB DDR3 Laptop RAM 1333 MHZ With 5 Yrs Warra. | eBay

:)

I would suggest you to go for Corsair, it performs better and has 10 years warranty... But you wont see any big performance improvements from 4 gb to 8 gb in more than 90% of tasks...

evil_maverick

Journeyman
I would suggest you to go for Corsair, it performs better and has 10 years warranty... But you wont see any big performance improvements from 4 gb to 8 gb in more than 90% of tasks...

i know wont see much diff.......but its just 4 owning bragging rights in front of my friends :D
btw the price quoted here is ok??

aniket.cain

Padawan
I am using the preinstalled Norton anti-virus. The update installed without any errors. There was no option to turn on ATI Graphics exclusively. Just the option to choose High performance for a program specifically. I guess that means ATI Graphics. And the game I tried running was Call of Duty : Black Ops.
Installed NFS Hot pursuit today, and it was running fine. Going to install Crysis 2 now. Crysis 1 is having some trouble running. It just starts with a blank screen and then crashes.

nishanth1234

Broken In
hey evil_maverick some ram sticks cause bsod's ..dv6 uses samsung rams so if ur buying an extra 4gb ram i would recommend rams made be zion or samung itself( since they are based on some micron tech)..these are the safe bets.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I am using the preinstalled Norton anti-virus. The update installed without any errors. There was no option to turn on ATI Graphics exclusively. Just the option to choose High performance for a program specifically. I guess that means ATI Graphics. And the game I tried running was Call of Duty : Black Ops.
Installed NFS Hot pursuit today, and it was running fine. Going to install Crysis 2 now. Crysis 1 is having some trouble running. It just starts with a blank screen and then crashes.

I've tried 3 gmaes of NFS series and all run fine. Call of duty returns 60fps in all high settings.on my 6017tx

Top Bottom