the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Machinehead

Broken In
one more query...

is it possible to switch to the IGP. i was just wonderin whether we'd ve the option to switch it manually???

any way thnks for the reply.

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
My HP wireless assistant does not identify Bluetooth sometimes on startup. It only shows WLAN.
*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Q50zRviJJD8/TfgydV5SOMI/AAAAAAAAAHc/Jo69uYu22nM/hpwa.PNG
Any solution to this problem or alternative to wireless assistant?

HP wireless assistant sucks big time, it has never recognized neither of my wireless radios... i never use it anyways... uninstall it and switching them on n off is a piece of cake n i am sure u know that...

apurvcn

Broken In
Some one please help me in uninstalling all the preinstalled games in 6121tx.
And what exactly is bloatwares.how to uninstall all that.
Thanks in advance

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
apurvcn said:
And what exactly is bloatwares

Learn bout bloats here-
Software bloat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and try uninstallation using this -
Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Some one please help me in uninstalling all the preinstalled games in 6121tx.
And what exactly is bloatwares.how to uninstall all that.
Thanks in advance

In control Panel > Programs and Features Uninstall HP Games. Bloatware is any software that you dont want to use.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Battery life on normal use and on gaming ?
Temperature on normal and on gaming ?

Battery life on normal use? It depends on how you define normal use. While playing latest games like Crysis 2 on everything at full I got about 1 and a half hours of battery time with 15% remaining

With Coolest mode on coolsense Normal temperatures are 40-55 degrees. During gaming it is 60-70 degrees and peaks at 75 degrees

aniket.cain

Padawan
I installed the 4 GB Corsair module and doing so was a piece of cake. Now it bumped up the WEI for RAM to 7.6. But the Gaming graphics is still stuck at 6.6.

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
I installed the 4 GB Corsair module and doing so was a piece of cake. Now it bumped up the WEI for RAM to 7.6. But the Gaming graphics is still stuck at 6.6.

Dude what made u think that changing ram will affect ur gaming graphics in wei ???
The gpu has dedicated memory and has nothing to do with ur ram...
And you are getting less wei compared to 1 gb version as the ram used is different and though it is of 2 gbs it might be relatively underclocked... In short HP might have used a lil bit slower ram and bumped the amount of ram to 2 gbs...

And bro pls let us know if u are any performance boost with the upgraded ram and if any then where did experience it...

aniket.cain

Padawan
What made you think that I hoped to get better WEI for Graphics by upgrading the RAM? I was talking about the WEI in general. I upgraded the RAM because I was getting low memory warnings by windows while running Crysis 2 and a few other games. The memory usage used to reach as high as 86%. Is that normal? That, and just for sounding impressive when i stated the specs to someone. :-D

sarathsnair

Journeyman
Battery life on normal use? It depends on how you define normal use. While playing latest games like Crysis 2 on everything at full I got about 1 and a half hours of battery time with 15% remaining

With Coolest mode on coolsense Normal temperatures are 40-55 degrees. During gaming it is 60-70 degrees and peaks at 75 degrees

Normal use means watching movie, word processing, net browsing etc everything other than highly graphics intensive tasks..( without gpu)

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Normal use means watching movie, word processing, net browsing etc everything other than highly graphics intensive tasks..( without gpu)

If ur using intel gfx then you will get a min of 3 hours... And if ur just downloading then I have managed 5 hours n 50 mins on battery... The display was turned off...

aniket.cain

Padawan
Hey rachitboom2, can you do me a favor and run GPU-Z tool to get info about your GPU and post the screenshot here? I would do so as soon I reach my room in the evening. I'd like to know what truly is the matter with the 6021TX cards. TIA.

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey rachitboom2, can you do me a favor and run GPU-Z tool to get info about your GPU and post the screenshot here? I would do so as soon I reach my room in the evening. I'd like to know what truly is the matter with the 6021TX cards. TIA.

Hey call me rachit and here is the screen shot of my powerful gpu:

*gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/06/16/aym.png

Kidding :p
Here it is:
While playing Crysis 2

*gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/06/16/2ua.png

*gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/06/16/9af.png

After playing in ideal

*gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/06/16/8ys.png

*gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/06/16/78w.png

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks Rachit. I'll run it by the evening and post the results. Btw, AMD Catalyst 11.6 is available for download.

I know 11.6 is out, i had some issues with it so i rolled back to 11.5 hf2...

is their any over heat problem ?
is the lap has an ON and OFF switch for display ?

These ques have been asked many times in this thread already, use the search in this thread tool...

Top Bottom