the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Hi,

6121tx dealers price is 52500 approx. including taxes and with resellers benefit it goes around 55k. printed MRP on box is 60k+. I got one 6121x at Jabalpur at 55k. If u get it less then 55k then it's a bonus. Do some bargaining& u may get some accessories at 55k.

AhsanTheBest

Broken In
Guys is the Screen of dv6 that bad...?i havent owned any other laptops but i know that it isnt that good as my desktop monitor...

i feel that there is too much brightness and more gamma...pics arent that realistic.

aniket.cain

Padawan
^^ I have reduced the Gamma on mine to 0.8, and I find the screen good enough. It is certainly not that bad a display. Though I am curious to know which screen is everybody comparing it to.

tejasxs

www.gogiz.in
^^ I have reduced the Gamma on mine to 0.8, and I find the screen good enough. It is certainly not that bad a display. Though I am curious to know which screen is everybody comparing it to.

even i reduced the gamma to 0.8, the screen looks better.

piyus_h

Broken In
can some tell me if i make a back up of my hp recovery disk using acronics backup i.e a .tib file.... will this be useful or rather working wen i use it in future.... or will it coz any error????

also please tell me the folder in which i can find all the "setup" of hp apps. like cool sense, drivers, etc.......

also wanna sharemy gaming exprnc.... played two games assasin creed brother hood and gta 4 .. played it for 4-5 hours in room temp. on my bed and then saw the temp. was around 75 c. i hope this is ok???

piyus_h

Broken In
@piyush_h
at what setting did you play ???

it was xtreme.... i guess... coz i never went into settings to change it... and now wen i see it its almost "on" or "yes" in every graphic options.....

but gta4 was heavier than assasin creed for me...... fan was making a lot of noise... its only wen i realised that fan may burst apart :D (the desi engg. of my heart) i quit the game and checked the temp...

well sumone plz help me for my earlier queries..... :sad:

piyus_h

Broken In
can sumone suggest me a good ear phone for this beats audio in this laptop..... i have my nokia xpress music earphones but it doesnt work good... i can only listen to music vocals are not clear... (budget 300/- to 500/-)

aniket.cain

Padawan
can sumone suggest me a good ear phone for this beats audio in this laptop..... i have my nokia xpress music earphones but it doesnt work good... i can only listen to music vocals are not clear... (budget 300/- to 500/-)

Don't get EP-630. They are crap. Soundmagic PL11 for around 500-550 bucks is a much better option.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan

Get full sized headphones from Philips as red dragon suggested. For prolonged use, they are comfortable compared to in-ear earphones

astro

Broken In
I have been following this thread for a while now and I have a few questions

1. What is the feedback on the webcam? Does it match up to Mac levels in terms of clarity?

2. If you are not doing any gaming on this - mostly doing surfing, watching pictures and videos, does the laptop heat up? I have been a bit spoiled working on a Thinkpad for a while now which remains cool and quiet even after extended hours of usage..

3. How much noise does this piece generate while doing the above mentioned activities? Does moving to a 7200 rpm HDD lower the noise levels?

Thanks
Astro

piyus_h

Broken In
thanx every1 .... have ordered a philips shp 2000 headphone here....

Flipkart.com: Philips SHP2000: Headphone

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I have been following this thread for a while now and I have a few questions

1. What is the feedback on the webcam? Does it match up to Mac levels in terms of clarity?

2. If you are not doing any gaming on this - mostly doing surfing, watching pictures and videos, does the laptop heat up? I have been a bit spoiled working on a Thinkpad for a while now which remains cool and quiet even after extended hours of usage..

3. How much noise does this piece generate while doing the above mentioned activities? Does moving to a 7200 rpm HDD lower the noise levels?

Thanks
Astro
1) Never used a Mac webcam
2) No. Keep coolsense on.
3) Its always quite, except on 100% load. 7200rpm will be louder.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I have no idea about this OpenGL thingy but just got this piece of news - AMD Releases Catalyst Beta Drivers for OpenGL 4.2

Also Catalyst 11.8 is out

Top Bottom