the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

vishu22

Broken In
Vishu, congrats on you purchase.

To update BIOS, go to this page : 6121 Drivers

In this page, expand BIOS and download the BIOS version F.1A dated 2011-07-22.
Keep the adapter plugged in and launch the downloaded file. It will update automatically.
Once it is done you have to go to BIOS settings and change the graphics mode to fixed. Then you can select manually which gpu to use.

Thnxx.....:-D

updated BIOS , changed to fixed mode .....

bkgodara

Broken In
I have some question experts:
1. What is cpu benchmark on some sites? like this one - PassMark - CPU Benchmarks - List of Benchmarked CPUs how is this calculated?
I know its a noob question but I want to know how fast i7-2630qm is? :oops:
I am using Intel dual core E2200 2.2Ghz cpu which has 1246 and i7-2630qm has 6327 :shock: it means it is about 5 time faster?
Can you give me some examples so I can know how fast i7-2630qm is? Like copying speed or something like this?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I have some question experts:
1. What is cpu benchmark on some sites? like this one - PassMark - CPU Benchmarks - List of Benchmarked CPUs how is this calculated?
I know its a noob question but I want to know how fast i7-2630qm is? :oops:
I am using Intel dual core E2200 2.2Ghz cpu which has 1246 and i7-2630qm has 6327 :shock: it means it is about 5 time faster?
Can you give me some examples so I can know how fast i7-2630qm is? Like copying speed or something like this?
Its quite fast. MUCH MUCH faster than e2200.
Copying isn't affected by CPU. It depends on the hardisk.

hey is there any way we can limit the turbo boost....so that we can control the cpu temperature?
Look in the BIOS

sumit269

Broken In
Hey Rachit, use this instead of the earlier post

| 6017TX | 6140TX | 6121TX
Graphic card menory|6770M 1GB|6770M 1GB|6770M 2GB
HDD Capacity|500GB HDD|500GB HDD|640GB HDD
External Display options|VGA & HDMI|VGA|VGA & HDMI
Win7 Edition|W7 Premium|W7 Basic|W7 Premium
Price|Discontinued|Rs 48k|Rs 52k

doesnt 6140 have a HDMI port too arsenalfan??

xachin

Right off the assembly line
I am a bit sad and angry... I finally bought the dv6-6121tx for 54k today after hearing so much good about it in this thread. But when I got back home, and started working on it, I noticed that it has a VERY BAD quality LCD screen! Its a cheap TN panel, with dithering so bad that I can't even look at normal images, let alone smooth gradients.

Why didn't anyone of you say anything about this? :'(
I feel so stupid that I didn't give it a good look at the shop.

Please advise me on what can I do... this is a total disaster, my 5 year old dv6114tx had a much better screen than this. Is there anyway I can get my money back from HP? Or anything else that I can do to fix this situation? Please help.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I am a bit sad and angry... I finally bought the dv6-6121tx for 54k today after hearing so much good about it in this thread. But when I got back home, and started working on it, I noticed that it has a VERY BAD quality LCD screen! Its a cheap TN panel, with dithering so bad that I can't even look at normal images, let alone smooth gradients.

Why didn't anyone of you say anything about this? :'(
I feel so stupid that I didn't give it a good look at the shop.

Please advise me on what can I do... this is a total disaster, my 5 year old dv6114tx had a much better screen than this. Is there anyway I can get my money back from HP? Or anything else that I can do to fix this situation? Please help.

I find it hard to believe that it is that bad. i havent seen it, so i'd reserve my judgement, but if it were indeed that bad, somebody in this forum would have posted about it by now...obviously the screen wont be as good as a dell FHD, but my guess is that since nobody has had any real complaint wit the screen, it must do pretty good on its own...

I'd suggest going back to the dealer and checking another unit of the same model, just to make sure...

kausarayub

Broken In
Dude, you have to seriously consider your posting style. It is looked down upon here by the mods and the members alike.
Btw, what were you referring to in your earlier post?

What??

oooooo vl take care from the next time..bt they r also offering us so many smilies to post na..

ohhh leave....if they ban me..
i vl make a new1..its free:wink:

n now m considering ur dv6 over xps..bcoz with all those what xps is offering is ok..bt my basic need will be fulfiled by dv6 only.. thats gaming..

u said once me to go through the posts over here..finally today i did that:mrgreen:

read all posts in this thread..:-D

also i think i wont need any help from need service centre guys..if this thread keeps on going like this..

wot say?

aniket.cain

Padawan
oooooo vl take care from the next time..bt they r also offering us so many smilies to post na..

ohhh leave....if they ban me..
i vl make a new1..its free:wink:

n now m considering ur dv6 over xps..bcoz with all those what xps is offering is ok..bt my basic need will be fulfiled by dv6 only.. thats gaming..

u said once me to go through the posts over here..finally today i did that:mrgreen:

read all posts in this thread..:-D

also i think i wont need any help from need service centre guys..if this thread keeps on going like this..

wot say?

We've been suggesting you the same since the beginning. ;-)
I'm glad we could help.

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
i encountered some problem while updating to CCC 11.7..i followed the standard procedure of uninstalling the ATI catalyst manager by express uninstall and installed Catalyst Software Suite version 11.7..after restarting i was unable to find CCC in the startup menu and also in the right-click option..

also the previously installed new graphics card driver (version 8.830.6.2000) was not there and instead the old one(version 8.830.6.1000) was present.
i again installed the new graphics driver, but the CCC is still the old one(version 2011.0412.2341.40734)..i think the new version is (2011.0707.2346.40825)..

where did i mess up :pullhair: ..need some help here :oops:

Top Bottom