the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

red dragon

Master troll
hey , i too want to buy this laptop but here in my city patna i am getting it around 54k

can any one tell me which shop in kolkata sell this laptop with minimum price tag

is 6770m can play witcher 2 on ultra settings
DONOT buy it,if you are located in Eastern parts of India.ASS of HP in horrible here.
Get the xps15 if you are ready to sacrifice some fps for peace of mind,much better deal overall!

ashh

Broken In
prashant,
sorry for late reply. was out of town .thnks for the help. is their any way to change the color or contrast in 6121tx.

in C: there is a folder SWSetup. are all the preinstalled softwares from HP in there??
(in case i reinstall OS) i want to save it first somewhere else

my problem is same as aniket.
wei for gaming graphics is 6.6.
crysis 2 runs fine at hardcore settings.
cod blackops lags frequently.

and is it true that 2gb 6770m is underclocked(someone posted earlier).
man , did i really pay more for a slower version of 6770m. i hope its not true.

is der a way to manually turn off display. (i know about automatic display turn off in power options)

Last edited:

nishanth1234

Broken In
hey ashh why dont you download the gfx drivers of the 6017tx from the hp website (download the older one). no harm in trying

for your 6121tx.. maybe the WEI might change

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
for your 6121tx.. maybe the WEI might change
Like I posted earlier, WEI is a very vague score to determine graphic performance.

The probability of WEI rating changing with trying different AMD Catalyst drivers is low.

The proper way to determine whether graphic performance has increased/decreased is by playing *games* not by the WEI score.

Take my advice, don't bother about WEI.

ashh

Broken In
@nishanth

i will try it today....thanx.

@ico

dude...frankly i dont care so much about the wei. but today i did that GPU Z thing that aniket mentioned. .....i was surprised to see that 6017tx gave clock speed 725Mhz,800Mhz where as mine was very low( dont remember xactly.. may be 100Mhz,81Mhz or something)while running crysis 2.

neways as u said if games run fine , i dont care...
so will try other games.

for 6017tx owners: does nebody face lagging problem for CoD:BOps( prashant mentioned some driver update was causing lag even in 6017tx)

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
prashant,
sorry for late reply. was out of town .thnks for the help. is their any way to change the color or contrast in 6121tx.

in C: there is a folder SWSetup. are all the preinstalled softwares from HP in there??

is der a way to manually turn off display. (i know about automatic display turn off in power options)

Press Ctrl + Alt + F2 to open Graphics properties. Here you can change the contrast
*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-iV8Talfi5Ws/TfuCfcpN_zI/AAAAAAAAAIk/r65GLTn2n-I/s288/color.PNG
Yes there are all softwares there. If you have not made recovery DVDs do so. If anything happens you can restore your laptop to factory settings. All the drivers are available at HP website also but not the softwares. Crysis 2 is more resource heavy than CoD so it looks like your drivers are not optimized and this problem will be easily fixed in future updates. The stock drivers of 6017tx are pretty good. I also updated via windows update and my WEI for gaming and aero dropped to 6.7 and 4.6. I reverted to stock browsers now. I dont think you need to pay any attention to WEI

There is no button but if you press the projector key f4 and choose projector only your display will be turned off

aniket.cain

Padawan
prashant,

Can you run FRAPS to see how much are you getting in Crysis 2? I tried it, and the average is 22 at Hardcore. Is everybody getting the same scores, specially the 6017TX owners?

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Can you run FRAPS to see how much are you getting in Crysis 2? I tried it, and the average is 22 at Hardcore. Is everybody getting the same scores, specially the 6017TX owners?

I get 24+ at extreme as far as I remember.. I posted three exact figures some pages back look into it...

ndk123

Right off the assembly line
my freind has dell xps 15 with nvidia gt540 2gb but he cant play crysis2 on even med settings at 720p so i want buy this lappy only

ashh

Broken In
@prashant
tahnks man . i increased the color saturation by 15 and crysis2 looked really better.
and i dont know why but my recovery manager took 6 dvds.

@nishanth
yesterday i downloaded the old vedio drivers for 6017tx from hp website and tried to install but its giving error.so i dont know what i did wrong coz i have been doing this for quite so time now( i experiment a lot in my desktop.)

@aniket
i ran fraps and played crysis 2 (semper fi or die) for 25 min (hardcore gfx settings, vsync on) and benchmark was(min 0 max 35 avg 24.899 fps).( i have uploaded some screenshots)

man i love my lappy. crysis 2 at 25 fps is enough for me.

only problem is Cod blackops. it lags almost every 6/7 sec.thats irritating. even my desktop plays it fine at high gfx( AA off AF off). plz someone with 6017tx could tell me if they have the same problem or is it just 6121tx.?

another thing that concerns me is that GPUZ thing .its giving really low clock speed compared to 6017tx(that rachit posted earlier).

btw noob question: how get your lappy model etc at the bottom of the post?
i dont want to mention everytime that i have 6121tx.

sorry this became really long..i am grateful for any help!!

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ashh said:
only problem is Cod blackops. it lags almost every 6/7 sec.thats irritating. even my desktop plays it fine at high gfx( AA off AF off). plz someone with 6017tx could tell me if they have the same problem or is it just 6121tx.?
Its a know problem for many COD Black Ops players.
ashh said:
btw noob question: how get your lappy model etc at the bottom of the post?
i dont want to mention everytime that i have 6121tx.
Put it as you're siggy

Click this link and edit you're signature-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/profile.php?do=editsignature

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
WEll, when my Black Ops scrwed up I did lots of Googling and found many people couldnt make game run.
Try a lower resolution adn settings.
Most probably not a driver issue. Defrag drives and do all other regular maintanence stuff.

Also, try this software-
Game Booster 2.0 Free Download, Speed Up PC for Top Gaming Performance

ashh

Broken In
WEll, when my Black Ops scrwed up I did lots of Googling and found many people couldnt make game run.
Try a lower resolution adn settings.
Most probably not a driver issue. Defrag drives and do all other regular maintanence stuff.

Also, try this software-
Game Booster 2.0 Free Download, Speed Up PC for Top Gaming Performance

i have been using gamebooster 2.0 on my pc. will try in lappy too.
btw where were u running ur blackops? how did u solve ur problem?

Magically, when I started CoD : Black Ops yesterday, it said that my hardware has changed, and the graphic settings will be optimized for new hardware. Now the game is running fine. But still, why only 6.6 in WEI??

plz help out man.. we have the same lappy.

so what updates did u install before starting the game? what were ur game gfx settings. so now blackops is running totally without any lagging??

btw the lappy came with installed ati driver 8.830.6.1000
then in windows update its showed a ati update. after updating cod ran little bit better(but not totally smooth) but other games like bulletstorm etc there was fps decrease so i installed the driver in c drive (that came with lappy) again.!!!

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@ashh
Instead of messing up with your graphics try using Tuneup Turbo boost + update your game with latest patches (only if you have a genuine version). Try asking in the gamerz section of this forum. Someone might be able to help you in a better way

aniket.cain

Padawan
Well, like I said, it happened 'magically'. At that point I had done nothing out of ordinary. I had updated the driver as suggested by Windows Update, but the game lagged even after that. But the next day, I came from office thinking of uninstalling Black Ops, but gave it a last try, and it was running much better at everything maxed out, except for the AA which was as 8x.

ashh

Broken In
Well, like I said, it happened 'magically'. At that point I had done nothing out of ordinary. I had updated the driver as suggested by Windows Update, but the game lagged even after that. But the next day, I came from office thinking of uninstalling Black Ops, but gave it a last try, and it was running much better at everything maxed out, except for the AA which was as 8x.

well dis is what happened,

i uninstalled all gfx drivers in device manager. installed the vedio driver from
c:/SWSetup/Drivers. didn't install the update from windows update.
installed the old driver for 6017tx on top of my new driver. basically i think it added some files bcoz the driver version in device manager still shows the new one.

i was dissapointed and lost all hope!! but then "magic" happened..
i thought i wud give cod a last try....and
tada.....
it runs smoothly( without any lag at all) in 16x AA and full AF and Extra gfx..
hope it helps others with 6121tx...

@prashant
just wondering if u cud tell me your xact driver version.
like rachit's showed 8.850.6.0 in gpuz. and mine is 8.830.6.1000 now does that mean rachit's version is newer?? and gpuz didn't show mine as catalyst 11.5 so how can i check that and how can i install it from amd website. coz hp website and windows update didn't show nething about catalyst version..

again sorry for asking so many questions..i just want my lappy to be as good as 6017tx at least..(coz i really wanted to buy that but cudn't find it newhere
where i live . so i thought 6121tx is xactly same and went for it. ...now i just dont want to feel sorry about that)..

Top Bottom