:: The Formula 1 - 2007 Season Thread ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
that was due to the new Engine rules (2 years), Ferrari are masters in making engines, but making them last two races was their weak point.

but they DID make the Engine last for 2 races, thats why MS challenged Whineso (Alonso):D till Japan.

did you see the LAST race of last season & MS's career???

he went to last position (due to tyre puncture) & then raced (out lapped himself from Massa) to take 4th place.

the BEST Performance in whole F1.

if ONLY there were 5 laps more, then Massa wouldnt have taken his Brasilian win :p

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
vimal_mehrotra said:
^^I am not advocating Mclaren:p
Yup I know about that engine thing...but who knows it might Fk up again.Cheapass Ferrari engine caused MS the championship last year:p

MS's engine failure at Japanese GP last year was the Ferrari's first engine failure in three years. For last two years, Ferrari struggled to get perfect aero package for that car. Now that they sorted this out, they are gonna win the Championship.

Ferrari's engine is the most reliable in current F1.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Friday practice - selected driver quotes

Boasting some of the closest times we have seen so far this season, the opening day in Bahrain was action-packed.

Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari (1st, 1m 33.527s): :twisted:
"It is too early to say where everyone stands, but the performance levels of the top teams seems to be very close. Today, it was difficult to find the right balance of the car, partly because at this track, the wind makes the car difficult to drive. Towards the end of the second session, we found some good settings and now we must keep on that track to find a bit more speed to keep ahead of the rest. But all in all we can be satisfied with the work we have done today."

Lewis Hamilton, McLaren (2nd, +0.013s):
"It has been a positive session today. In the first practice the track was very dirty and slippery so there was no point spending too much time looking at the set-up. In the second session we began our fine tuning and completed a couple of long runs. I think I was quicker and more consistent than previously in the long runs which is positive and there is definitely more to come. We now have quite a bit of data to look at but so far so good."

Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber (3rd, +0.205s): :twisted:
"The second session was better, but we still have balance problems. We used the spare car for the second practice because this morning I faced the same problems as in Malaysia. This one is more consistent and so now we have to analyse why this happens. We changed the set-up a bit because the car's handling is still not perfect, but things are not looking bad. The track was very dirty, especially in the morning session. When we tested here before Australia we did thirty ones and now we are doing thirty threes, but of course there is some time coming as the rubber goes down as long as there is no rain. If it rains again it will be the same story, and if the wind comes there will be sand on the track and that can change the conditions quite a lot."

Felipe Massa, Ferrari (4th, +0.245s):
"I am pretty happy with the handling of the car, which has allowed me to be very consistent in terms of performance over long runs. We have a good point from which to work over the rest of the weekend. In particular, we have to work on improving our performance on the first lap on new tyres. It all looks very close, but we have everything we need to do well in qualifying and in the race."

Fernando Alonso, McLaren (5th, +0.257s):
"Two trouble-free practice sessions where we made positive progress. The track was very dirty and continued to improve throughout the session. We spent our time perfecting the set-up and evaluating the tyres. I completed some long runs and all in all I think we are closer to the Ferraris than we have been so far this season on a Friday but it’s a long weekend so we will see what happens."

source : www.f1.com

Qualifying - Saturday 14 April - 16:30 [IST]

Last edited:

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
yeah. I heard that part of the credit goes to Alonso. He charges up the team, gives him team the perfect engine test details. Is he going to do to McLaren what Schumi did to Ferrari when he(schumi) joined ferrari?

VD17

Journeyman
ambandla said:
yeah. I heard that part of the credit goes to Alonso. He charges up the team, gives him team the perfect engine test details. Is he going to do to McLaren what Schumi did to Ferrari when he(schumi) joined ferrari?

agree with that.. he already is showing signs of doing that... just look at the team.. and look at renault.. Alonso is the perfect replacement for MS, not just as a racer but as a person, as a motivator and as a team member.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
But MS was never a cry baby though he had some unsporting moments. But, not a cry baby like Alonso.
And alonso isn't a perfectionist like MS, IMO but can't doubt alonso's capability as a world class racer.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
tech_your_future said:
But MS was never a cry baby though he had some unsporting moments. But, not a cry baby like Alonso.
And alonso isn't a perfectionist like MS, IMO but can't doubt alonso's capability as a world class racer.
thats the reason i like MS - a TRUE Professional , & hate the Whinso (alonso):D

he cried soooo much about FIA & Ferrari being fixing the races ...

sheesh:x

alonso never can be matched with MS. never. :cool:

MS is on his own Class & League :cool:

faraaz

Evil Genius
ambandla said:
yeah.

Lewis Hamilton - tomorrow's legend. The way he soaked pressure from Ferrari's in his second F1 is totally awesome. Don't forget that he is GP2 winner and has loads of talent.

Dear Ferrari, Please dump Massa and take Lewis for the next season :)

SECONDED!! :D

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
tech_your_future said:

You stole my thoughts....

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Saw a GP qualifying after a very loooooooooong time. :D

Good to see Mclaren going strong this year. Hamilton is going to get the record for a hat trick of podium finishes.:D Hope Alonso become a Triple World Champion this year.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
yeah definitely the best debutante i have seen by now.....its just that he is getting the right package to drive...if he was in some other team then the scenario would have been completely different........but he is doing a good job....

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Ferrari - McLaren - Ferrari - McLaren :D

#2 Drivers on top spots & #1 Drivers behind them :D

Do you guys see something here, Williams Struggling :D, & they used to Blame BMW for poor performance,:x (a reason why BMW went out & made its own Team), now BMW is in contention (#3) team with the "All Time Greats", maybe next year BMW will become the New Constructors Champions :D

OP
hailgautam

hailgautam

Youngling
Massa does so well in the qualifiers but some how chokes when it comes to the race day. Hope he does a good job today and don't loose his pole position advantage to Mclaren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom