:: The Formula 1 - 2007 Season Thread ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad_den

Padawan
Great...!! This year we gonna have a wonderful time.. Kimi and Alonso are gonna show true competition..!!!

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yup it was good, but lot of Safety Issues rose b'coz of it, so...

FIA Boss sucks.:x

WRC Rocks, maybe b'cos that guy "Max Mosley" hasent done much damage in WRC yet:D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
prasad_den said:
@s18000rpm: The one set of tyres per race rule was also nice. I personally felt that the competition was good then..
it wasnt true competition ... racers concentrated more on conserving their tyres rather than on over taking the racer in front and besides it was also very dangerous ....

1 engine maker ... ferrari, 1 chasis maker ... the 1 who makes for ferrari, 1 tyre manufacturer .... bridgestone .... 1 racer ... bernie eccelstone :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
there were some threats from Ferrari, McLaren... to FIA, that if they (FIA) de-grade F1 more, they'll start their own Racing Series (similar to F1).

Ferrari make their own Chassis:wink:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
arre toh schumi has done so many times ... evn kimi for mclaren has done that so many times in the last 2 seasons

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
Yaa, agree with you......
But, even if i hate Ferrari for many reasons, i love them for the only thing---
POWER.........

spynic

Case Mod - 60% ||||||----
aha.. raikonnen kickd ass!!
shuda stuck wid mclaren.. wuda been a killer team.. kimi n alonso.. :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
then no fun, no competition.

Kimi ~ Schumi ~ Senna ; Alonso ~ Mika ~ Prost

so these guys sre continuing the age old tradition of RIVALRY :twisted:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Enjoyed the race...gr8 opening to the season...
the funniest part was the crash of albers due to his own fault...adjusting his earplug thus forgetting to brake!

OP
hailgautam

hailgautam

Youngling
the Official Results for the lazy a$$es and the unfortunate fellas who missed the match...

Pos No Driver Team Laps Time/Retired Grid Points
1 6 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 58 0.059360764 1 10
2 1 Fernando Alonso McLaren-Mercedes 58 +7.2 secs 2 8
3 2 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 58 +18.5 secs 4 6
4 9 Nick Heidfeld BMW 58 +38.7 secs 3 5
5 3 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault 58 +66.4 secs 6 4
6 5 Felipe Massa Ferrari 58 +66.8 secs 22 3
7 16 Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota 57 +1 Lap 12 2
8 11 Ralf Schumacher Toyota 57 +1 Lap 9 1
9 12 Jarno Trulli Toyota 57 +1 Lap 8
10 4 Heikki Kovalainen Renault 57 +1 Lap 13
11 8 Rubens Barrichello Honda 57 +1 Lap 16
12 22 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 57 +1 Lap 10
13 15 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 57 +1 Lap 7
14 18 Vitantonio Liuzzi STR-Ferrari 57 +1 Lap 19
15 7 Jenson Button Honda 57 +1 Lap 14
16 23 Anthony Davidson Super Aguri-Honda 56 +2 Laps 11
17 20 Adrian Sutil Spyker-Ferrari 56 +2 Laps 20
Ret 17 Alexander Wurz Williams-Toyota 48 Accident 15
Ret 14 David Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 48 Accident 18
Ret 10 Robert Kubica BMW 36 Gearbox 5
Ret 19 Scott Speed STR-Ferrari 28 Wheel 17
Ret 21 Christijan Albers Spyker-Ferrari 10 Accident 21

Fastest Lap: Kimi Räikkönen 1:25.235
Official Result
Kimi Raikkonen became the first Ferrari driver since Nigel Mansell in 1989 to win on his debut with the legendary Italian team on Sunday, barely putting a wheel wrong in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix. His only problems were one minor off when he lost concentration on lap 46, and the lack of a radio throughout the race.

Source: *www.formula1.com/race/news/5805/770.html

Last edited:

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
literally a perfect drive by Kimi on his debut.....and Ferrari is really looking good this season....still i dont think that Mclaren can produce this type of performance on all the coming races......

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Ferrari quietly confident yet again

We take a closer look at how the teams fared on Friday

06 April 2007

Kimi Raikkonen added fuel to Ferrari’s fire on Friday when, despite setting the fourth-fastest time (1m 36.160s) within four-tenths of a second of team mate Felipe Massa (1m 35.780s) in the second practice session, he revealed that he was not happy with his F2007’s performance.

He also reported that, in general, the two Bridgestone tyre specifications (soft and hard for ease of commentary, but actually in the overall perspective of the company’s 2007 offerings, the medium and hard compounds) weren’t a million miles apart, and that he would not, after all, need an engine change.

“The car feels reasonably okay but I’m not 100 percent happy,” he said. “We learned things but there is still work to do. The car felt different to the way it did here last week, the set-up was not as good as it was. The grip’s slightly different.”

Most felt the same as the high track and ambient temperatures hurt grip significantly. Where Renault and Williams got a handle on things, completing the top six with Ferrari, McLaren appeared to struggle while doing a lot of evaluation of both compounds.

... read More @ F1.com

"One Tyre Supplier" move has started to show its effects :p

it sucks:x

Friday Practice session-
1. Felipe Massa, Ferrari (1st, 1m 34.972s):

2. Fernando Alonso, McLaren (2nd, 1m 35.220s)

3. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren (3rd, 1m 35.712s)

4. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari (4th, 1m 35.779s) :(

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
a quote from "Live Timing"

"A Titanic Battle here between the McLarens & Ferrari's" :D

Quali. Result

1. Massa
2. Alonso
3. Kimi
4. Hamilton
5. Heidfield
6. Rosberg
7. Kubica
8. Trulli
9. Ralfy :D
10. Webber

*img144.imageshack.us/img144/4271/untitledps4.th.jpg
(read the commentary on right pane in pic)

see the time difference between Kimi & Alonso :D, at one point, their Lap time matced perfectly :D

Damn this cable operator cut the Star Sports just when Q1 session was going to end. :x

faraaz

Evil Genius
Pretty impressive showing from Massa...but Hamilton is bloody amazing too...hmm...

edit: PS: @S18000rpm -> MINE TOO!!!!! Luckily my girlfriend has that Tata SKY digital TV so I could run over to her place to catch the last few minutes of qualifying! :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i hope this Cable operator puts back Star Sports today itself.

while the Quali was going on, a msg. was shown in centre of TV screen - "LARGE Payment DUE..." :D

hope these stupid ppl pay that Money & put SS back :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom