The Cricket Channel

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
another reason ipl sucks is that local guys become heroes in this tournament and public subconsciously forgives our team for any failures for the rest of the year. i think this makes the players complacent as well. han thik hai do char match har gaye to kya, ipl me chauke chakke marenge aur millions ghar leke jayenge. this is the polar opposite of what used to happen in 90s when the public was unforgiving of even slight mistakes and kept the players on its toes

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^

miru bharatdesham kosam adataru.

Sorry. I didn't get the sarcasm. Will appreciate if you can elaborate.
Except the first edition of IPL I don't recollect watching any of the matches except for maybe 1-2 overs max. And I was a real harcore cricket fan.

With regards to IPL I think there are foreign players who have benefited from IPL. I remember how Shane Watson was able to get a good comeback into Australian team after playing some crucial innings for Rajasthan Royals. Vinay Kumar and Murali Vijay are quite successful in IPL but hardly perform at international arena. I think even Jadeja got into limelight after his innings in IPL. So I wouldn't say IPL has spoilt that much. But one thing was bad when Sehwag had an injury and he didn't play international matches but played in one of the IPL matches being half fit. Later on he evaporated. I think similar thing happened with Zaheer Khan.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ @ico still you didn't reply to me.
Was joking mate. What I meant was the state of Indian team is rubbish.

If Stuart Binny can play a match and come out with a batting average of zero and infinite bowling average, then even me or you can go and play for India.

How did Stuart Binny manage to score Mayanti Langer?!?!?! Somebody find out.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
:p :D

*fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1/1625627_676207299082166_800272229_n.jpg

^LoL good one ... Awesome batting by him though

BooM BooM did it again ... It is awesome to watch cricket from a neutral prespective , and look at the bangladeshi crowd they are more into cricket than Indians LOL ...

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
WTF again!! you can understand Telugu?? how about Kannada? :D
haha, infact I can understand Kannada much more than Telugu. Can't speak properly though. :p I have picked up a little Telugu only recently by watching movies. lol.

Kannada movies are crap. Lucia was good. But rest all are. :lol:

ajayritik

Technomancer
If these guys(Pak cricketers) can be given some crash course on English from Gautam Gambhir it would be good. Anyways he is not playing for India

sujoyp

Grand Master
yesterday;s match was too much ...bangladesh scored 300+ and hit 1 century 3 half century that too against good bowling of pakistan

and then afridi hit again 27 ball 50 ...7 six ...thats great

We need afridi as batting and bowling coach .:D :D

ajayritik

Technomancer
yesterday;s match was too much ...bangladesh scored 300+ and hit 1 century 3 half century that too against good bowling of pakistan

and then afridi hit again 27 ball 50 ...7 six ...thats great

We need afridi as batting and bowling coach .:D :D
As Bowling coach I think he is ok but batting coach only for Pujara, Dinesh Kartik,Rayudu, Rahane.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah no one is now as dangerous as sehwag or yuvraj or dhoni now a days except kohli ....it was soo exciting to see sehwag playing big shots from ball one itself...
now our openers seems soo clueless in the start...they start at 60 strike rate and slowly make innings just like a middle order batsman.
those days of watching 1st 15 overs are over with field restrictions ...

ajayritik

Technomancer
^ I have absolutely same views as you. Though I may be harping too much in past. Just think about this batting line up. Sachin and Sehwag opening, Yuvraj somewhere in Middle order and Dhoni to finish the batting line up and add Virat Kohli somewhere. Man if either two of them click then to opposition ki band baj gayee.
Really sad to see that we don't have many attacking batsmen in our team except for Kohli and Dhawan & Dhoni.
Rohit sharma to aaya ram gaya raam hai.

sujoyp

Grand Master
but then what did they learn from 20-20 ...in that all the batsman need to play big shots and keep strike rate above 100 all the time.

I just hate commentators saying "Rohit sharma is the most talented youngster with a variety of shots and on his day can blast off any team" Now this thing I am hearing for last 5 years...and just saw 2-3 times he played that way ....even Ravindra jadeja is much better than Rohit

- - - Updated - - -

yess today our spinners started to spin the ball ..took 7 wickets against afganistan...ashwin got the much needed motivation :D ...but afganistan could easily play our (Slow)fast bowlers

- - - Updated - - -

LOL did you saw our batting today ...even against afganistan our top notch batsman had only 70-80% strike rate..they are just scared ... gone are the days of sehwag tendulkar :D

Top Bottom