The Cricket Channel

ajayritik

Technomancer
Even though Rohit and Shikhar Dhawan are good players, I still miss the flamboyance that Sachin and Sehwag used to offer especially Sehwag. He used to literally murder bowlers on his day. Sad that he is not in good form.
In the current team I don't think except Kohli and Dhoni there is anybody who can accelerate at will. This could be an important factor for India's success in ODI's or T20's. Rahane, Rayudu, Raina,Rohit I don't think are going to instill any kind of fear in the opposition team while batting. Dhawan is not consistent to stake any claim.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Even though Rohit and Shikhar Dhawan are good players, I still miss the flamboyance that Sachin and Sehwag used to offer especially Sehwag. He used to literally murder bowlers on his day. Sad that he is not in good form.
In the current team I don't think except Kohli and Dhoni there is anybody who can accelerate at will. This could be an important factor for India's success in ODI's or T20's. Rahane, Rayudu, Raina,Rohit I don't think are going to instill any kind of fear in the opposition team while batting. Dhawan is not consistent to stake any claim.

I agree with you. In short its only Kohli who is reliable at all times, the case where he fails I am sure India will be on a high pressure and MSD usually bats well in pressure situations.

I think Dhawan should take more responsibility in anchoring his innings as he is a big run getter. He has the shots and the variety to keep the opposition on toes. Rayudu should get a consistent stay in the team like what Rohit/Raina had got and I think he can make a fine middle order batsman.

Having said so much about the batting, its the bowling that scares me even more than before. We have no one such name whom we can rely on. This was never the case before and if you see Zaheer through in a test match, we are flat. Given Zaheers career left, our bowling has no poke in it and we might only win ODI's/T20's (if we do) in the coming years and hopes on Test matches are fading fast.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol:

One win against Bangladesh and this thread is bumped.

Where was everyone when India got raped by South Africa and New Zealand.

Flat track bullies.

ajayritik

Technomancer

One win against Bangladesh and this thread is bumped.

Where was everyone when India got raped by South Africa and New Zealand.

Flat track bullies.

I wanted to post this in offtopic thread but later realised that there is an other thread on Cricket and posted it here.
With such a mediocre bowling attack obviously India will get raped or whatever in foreign soil or to be more precise outside of subcontinent.
Also I would say it was pathetic performance in ODI's in NZ and SA but not so bad when it comes to Tests.

If India wants to improve it's performance in Tests overseas they firstly need to find good match winners in bowling. As the saying goes Bowlers win you matches.
Except Munaf Patel I didn't say any bowler in recent times from India who maintains discipline wrt line and length. Doesn't matter if it's Varun Aaron who can bowl at 150Kph or Vinay Kumar who can bowl at 120Kph.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I wanted to post this in offtopic thread but later realised that there is an other thread on Cricket and posted it here.
With such a mediocre bowling attack obviously India will get raped or whatever in foreign soil or to be more precise outside of subcontinent.
Also I would say it was pathetic performance in ODI's in NZ and SA but not so bad when it comes to Tests.

If India wants to improve it's performance in Tests overseas they firstly need to find good match winners in bowling. As the saying goes Bowlers win you matches.
Except Munaf Patel I didn't say any bowler in recent times from India who maintains discipline wrt line and length. Doesn't matter if it's Varun Aaron who can bowl at 150Kph or Vinay Kumar who can bowl at 120Kph.

Munal Patel bowls the line and length and thats all about it. There is no variation and wicket taking deliveries. He is easily predictable and the laziest of cricketers we see on the cricket ground.

Aaron is not ready yet. Shane bonds and Stynes have pace. But they bowl accurate lengths. Its not hard, with practice Aaron can be leathal.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I heard india are winless for last 11 test ...and lost 3 ODI series continously ...now if kohli and dhoni is in form and still team looses that means that no one else is playing or all are out of form

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
That dropped catch of Umar Akmal was the turning point of the match , Afghanistan started the chase positively but they were just outclassed by the Pakistani Spinners , the pressure got the Afghanistan players and there were many misunderstandings while taking runs , hence the run-outs .

ajayritik

Technomancer
Wish I could see some bowler who terrorizes opposition batsmen with pace like Lee, Akhtar or suffocates the batsman like how McGrath and to an extent Shaun Pollock did. In the past decade or so I found only Zaheer Khan to be of international standard to an extent. Remaining all were Aaya Ram and Gaya Raams.
PS:I'm talking only about Fast bowlers.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
There wont be any good Fast bowlers until they are in the right hands , Currently our bowling coach is someone whose highest achievement is that he is 8th highest wicket taker for Queensland and more funnier is that BCCI is looking to replace him with Sanjay Bangar :lol: , why they cant get someone like Wasim Akram is beyond me .

P.S. Missing Dhoni Already (The WK-Batsmen Not the Captain) :(

- - - Updated - - -

Well That was expected , Good Fight shown by India , let down by pacers and fielding (at the end) , another awesome Innings from Sanga he is a legend . Good Captaincy by Virat Shuffling the bowlers and good bowling from Jadeja and Aaron should have played ahead of Binny .

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
In a population of 1.2 Billion and out of it maybe aroun 0.3 Billion who follow cricket we can't find atleast two decent bowlers?
This baffles me. If the guy bowls 120 Kph or 150 Kph same story.
In the past 15 years or so I have seen only Zaheer Khan and to an extent Agarkar sometimes who used to bowl Yorkers.
Also if this is what the composition of the team will be they will get knocked out in the round robin only in World Cup next year.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Is there anyway we can swap Vinay Kumar and Ishant Sharma with these two bowlers from Afghanistan? Shapoor Zadran and Hassan

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
meh.. Wanted to take family out for a lunch, bro said "Tomorrow is India Pak match" .. FU Kricket!!!

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
ajayritik asked me to name flat track bullies in Team BCCI. Pujara and Kohli are the only two batsmen we have.

Shikhar Dhawan - Calling him a flat track bully will be harsh, but he has performed only on flat tracks till now. He is okay. But he failed in South Africa. Also failed in New Zealand ODIs. Performed fine in tests. Still starting his international career, he'll be fine. Better than Rohit Sharma.

Rohit Sharma - flat track bully. That's why he is in the team.

Murali Vijay - has never ever performed outside India. Some might say that he has never performed.

MS Dhoni of today - a very consistent flat track bully. Average overseas, great at home. A series of 10s and 20s notouts ensure that his ODI average will never drop below 50. Then he will get out for a single digit score. Useless in test matches.

Ravichandran Ashwin - can only spin on flat subcontinent pitches. Wasn't really a part of the Indian squads touring recently, but I don't think he'd have made a difference anyway. A better test batsman than Dhobi though.

Regarding bowlers, desi flat pitches mean that they will never develop into great bowlers and remain average throughout their careers. Desi flat pitches also mean that desi batsmen will be clueless playing on bouncy pitches outside the country.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
meh.. Wanted to take family out for a lunch, bro said "Tomorrow is India Pak match" .. FU Kricket!!!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah , Unkle got trolled by Cricket (Should have gone for Lunch instead , it was a boring first innings anyways)

- - - Updated - - -

ajayritik asked me to name flat track bullies in Team BCCI. Pujara and Kohli are the only two batsmen we have.

Shikhar Dhawan - Calling him a flat track bully will be harsh, but he has performed only on flat tracks till now. He is okay. But he failed in South Africa. Also failed in New Zealand ODIs. Performed fine in tests. Still starting his international career, he'll be fine. Better than Rohit Sharma.

Rohit Sharma - flat track bully. That's why he is in the team.

Murali Vijay - has never ever performed outside India. Some might say that he has never performed.

MS Dhoni of today - a very consistent flat track bully. Average overseas, great at home. A series of 10s and 20s notouts ensure that his ODI average will never drop below 50. Then he will get out for a single digit score. Useless in test matches.

Ravichandran Ashwin - can only spin on flat subcontinent pitches. Wasn't really a part of the Indian squads touring recently, but I don't think he'd have made a difference anyway. A better test batsman than Dhobi though.

Regarding bowlers, desi flat pitches mean that they will never develop into great bowlers and remain average throughout their careers. Desi flat pitches also mean that desi batsmen will be clueless playing on bouncy pitches outside the country.

I agree on you with Rohit , Vijay and Ashwin ... but Dhoni ! Seriously ?!? , He may not be a good test player but he is good One Day player ... he has an away average of 48.5 and neutral location average of 50 . He scored 40 , 56 , 50 ,79* , 47 in NZ tour thats not that bad. I also am not quite sure of Shikhar Dhawan right now .