The Cricket Channel

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I agree on you with Rohit , Vijay and Ashwin ... but Dhoni ! Seriously ?!? , He may not be a good test player but he is good One Day player ... he has an away average of 48.5 and neutral location average of 50 . He scored 40 , 56 , 50 ,79* , 47 in NZ tour thats not that bad. I also am not quite sure of Shikhar Dhawan right now .
I wrote "MS Dhoni of today". :p Not of yesterday.

Not playing vital innings like he used to. His captaincy and decision making has gone to dogs. tbh Test cricket is my thing, so you might find my views on Dhobi very harsh. Who likes losing on foreign soil all the ****ing time? When you need him to play balls, he'd prefer taking a single and giving strike to the tail. Idiot.

Just see when was the last time he scored an away test century. lol *stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/p...=2;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

Last edited:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Damn you Afridi ... :p

- - - Updated - - -

I sense a repeat of 2007 in the 2015 World Cup :-x , How the F did they win the Champions Trophy :lol: ???

ajayritik

Technomancer
I feel 20 runs more would have given a cushion to our mediocre bowling. Rahane and Dinesh Karthik were disappointing.
@rajatgod I need to recheck who all are there in our group in the WorldCup next year. Then I will agree with you.
Indian Cricket team is looking Mediocre to me. Their pace bowlers are not consistent at all.

ajayritik

Technomancer
ajayritik asked me to name flat track bullies in Team BCCI. Pujara and Kohli are the only two batsmen we have.

Shikhar Dhawan - Calling him a flat track bully will be harsh, but he has performed only on flat tracks till now. He is okay. But he failed in South Africa. Also failed in New Zealand ODIs. Performed fine in tests. Still starting his international career, he'll be fine. Better than Rohit Sharma.

Rohit Sharma - flat track bully. That's why he is in the team.

Murali Vijay - has never ever performed outside India. Some might say that he has never performed.

MS Dhoni of today - a very consistent flat track bully. Average overseas, great at home. A series of 10s and 20s notouts ensure that his ODI average will never drop below 50. Then he will get out for a single digit score. Useless in test matches.

Ravichandran Ashwin - can only spin on flat subcontinent pitches. Wasn't really a part of the Indian squads touring recently, but I don't think he'd have made a difference anyway. A better test batsman than Dhobi though.

Regarding bowlers, desi flat pitches mean that they will never develop into great bowlers and remain average throughout their careers. Desi flat pitches also mean that desi batsmen will be clueless playing on bouncy pitches outside the country.

I was expecting two names so I will be talking only about them. Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma. I think Dhawan has been okish. Played couple of decent innings including the one against Sri Lanka and mind you that was not flat track.
Rohit Sharma I agree with you because I don't see him doing well in all kinds of pitches. I completely with you on this.
Murali Vijay and a bully? Are you kidding? I don't think I have seen him bullying even Zimbabwe or Bangladesh. Maybe he bullies his kids if there is anyone at home.
I agree with other observations.

- - - Updated - - -

meh.. Wanted to take family out for a lunch, bro said "Tomorrow is India Pak match" .. FU Kricket!!!

You mean Fu Afridi?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ actually he (Murali Vijay) banged Dinesh Karthik's wife. Had an affair. Dinesh Karthik divorced and married to someone else. His ex-wife is the present wife of Murali Vijay now. lol.

ajayritik

Technomancer
There wont be any good Fast bowlers until they are in the right hands , Currently our bowling coach is someone whose highest achievement is that he is 8th highest wicket taker for Queensland and more funnier is that BCCI is looking to replace him with Sanjay Bangar :lol: , why they cant get someone like Wasim Akram is beyond me .

P.S. Missing Dhoni Already (The WK-Batsmen Not the Captain) :(

- - - Updated - - -

Well That was expected , Good Fight shown by India , let down by pacers and fielding (at the end) , another awesome Innings from Sanga he is a legend . Good Captaincy by Virat Shuffling the bowlers and good bowling from Jadeja and Aaron should have played ahead of Binny .

Buddy, BCCI is mostly run by Non Cricketers so obviously they will try to get someone for less. I don't think Wasim Akram will agree to coach Indian Cricket team full time.
Gary Kirsten wasn't the best player around and he had hardly any experience as coach. But he did a decent job with the Indian cricket team. So I don't really believe that the coach should be real high profile.
I feel anybody like Saurav Ganguly or Rahul Dravid or Sachin Tendulkar or Anil Kumble good a decent job with the Indian team.

Piyush

Lanaya
^ actually he (Murali Vijay) banged Dinesh Karthik's wife. Had an affair. Dinesh Karthik divorced and married to someone else. His ex-wife is the present wife of Murali Vijay now. lol.

This news!! This wasnt in the newspapers afaik .

Makx

Game on
Murali Vijay’s present wife is the ex wife of Dinesh Karthik. Seems DK divorced her after knowing she had an affair with Vijay and got pregnant.
:shock:
Not quite cricket | Latest News & Updates at DNAIndia.com

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok so now India lost to Pakistan and srilanka...and will somehow win by afganistan and bangladesh ...how crap is this...now we can not even blame the pitch and weather conditions...its all fault of players only

sujoyp

Grand Master
Previously we blamed team for inexperience...then lack of experience out side India...then bad form of spinners...and bad form of batsmans...then lack of speed of pace bowlers in southafrica and newzeland ....cold weather and bouncy pitches of newzeland..

Now what...bangladesh pitches are almost like India, ajmal could spin a 90 degree there and there batsman could hit 2 consequent 6 and we are still out of form out of luck :x

ajayritik

Technomancer
@sujoyp if you had watched last year's ODI matches against Australia in India you would have seen 300+ scores consistently so I guess most of our batsmen have got used to those kind of pitches. Even the recent domestic games I see heavily loaded in favor of Batsmen. Not even a decent bowler around. Hence I don't think these guys are able to manage either low bounce or high bounce.
But I think most of the Indian players and too an extent Pakistan players don't come across as proffessionals. Their attitude is like ball hai to marenge for a batsman and for bowler agar pitch mein kuch hai to ball karenge.

Forget about the pace can't we produce a single bowler whether it's spinner or pace who can bowl consistent lines. Mushkil se 5 baal ache dalte hai phir 4 ya six dete hai. I personally feel a bowler should be picked on how consistently he bowls rather than some good balls here and good balls there. Except Ashwin to an extent I don't see anybody doing well from the bowling attack.

Shami and B. Kumar are excused because they are new players and need exposure whereas Shapoor and Talha are veterans. What can Dhoni do with these kind of bowlers?

Top Bottom