The Cricket Channel

ajayritik

Technomancer
:lol:

an old lion is an old lion

His place will be filled by a better player now
An old Lion is anytimes better than a young Pussy Cat. Have you checked the stats of Gambhir, Sehwag, Dhoni and the very special Ravindra Jadeja. I can vouch that Sachin would have fared better than all these people combined if at all he had stayed till 2013 India's tour of South Africa. You can see all these people mentioned jumping in the air. Wait and watch. Except Kohli I don't see any good player around.
Retirement in installments - ouch!!! ;)
As mentioned above please do check the team's performance in around a year from now and let us see if you will tell ouch seeing how India will do in ODI's outside of Subcontinent without Sachin.

The Indian seamers seem to have forgotten that the yorker is the most effective ball in t20. Especially dinda, he thinks just running in hard and waving his arm as fast as possible without focusing on length will earn him good spells.
Though Dinda is being praised a lot I really doubt this guy lasting for long especially with his pace or lack of it.
we have always been shite at producing fast bowlers
Wouldn't have agreed much better than this. And now added to that we don't even find decent enough spinners.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
In the last spell, Dinda really bowled some good yorkers in the last match. However his last spell in the t20 against the England had only one yorker.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
As mentioned above please do check the team's performance in around a year from now and let us see if you will tell ouch seeing how India will do in ODI's outside of Subcontinent without Sachin.

Where from outside the subcontinent thing comes? As if Sachin has won us every tournaments/series outside subcontinent/Sharjah. And even with Sachin in the team, what about the performance in tests for the last one and half year? Even West Indies and New Zealand gave us a run for money in our own background. He should have retired immediately after the WC win from all formats. Would have been better for everybody.

This team is seriously missing a skipper like Azharuddin.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Dude don't say like this. Just look at his ranji figure. Even Ricky Ponting and Sourav Ganguly said he is terrific bowler.

Regarding Ranji -
You cant judge a player by his Ranji figures. As per "Ranji figures", Ravindra Jadejas batting stats are comparable to Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara. Have a look at his international stats and you will ask "Is he even a batsman ?"

Regarding Dinda -
He is one of those enthu bowlers who seem to focus less on length and seam and more on pace. Once he realizes what his priorities should be, we could expect a good medium fast bowler.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
You cant judge a player by his Ranji figures. As per "Ranji figures", Ravindra Jadejas batting stats are comparable to Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara. Have a look at his international stats and you will ask "Is he even a batsman ?"

Regarding Dinda - he is one of those enthu bowlers who seem to focus less on length and seam and more on pace. Once he realizes what his priorities should be, we could expect a good pacer.

But still BCCI give chance on the basic of Ranji Trophy performance and Sachin, Sourav, Dravid, Laxman are the prime example. And in t20 its batsman oriented game so expect bowler to forget good line and length on regular basic.
IMO judge player on the basic of Test cricket and ODI performance.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dinda seems like Tino Best, all energy and no brain. Once he realizes his strengths & weaknesses he can be an asset to the team.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am getting a feeling, India will do well to take a leaf out of Pataudi's book - you play your 04 best bowlers regardless of whether they bowl pace or spin. ATM, we have much better pace bowlers, need to prepare tracks that suite them.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
After watching last few ~15-20 overs in today's match, I started to think whether this match was fixed or not. :|
Or may be that just me.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Where from outside the subcontinent thing comes? As if Sachin has won us every tournaments/series outside subcontinent/Sharjah. And even with Sachin in the team, what about the performance in tests for the last one and half year? Even West Indies and New Zealand gave us a run for money in our own background. He should have retired immediately after the WC win from all formats. Would have been better for everybody.

This team is seriously missing a skipper like Azharuddin.
You don't remember the Common Wealth Series played in Australia in 2003. Do you? There was a series in 1996 I think wherein India found it difficult to even quality for a tri-series final involving South Africa and Zimbabwe Because of Sachin's century India made it to the Finals. You are talking about performance for the past 1 and half year of a career spanning 23years? Did you check Rohit Sharma how he has been doing for the past one year same applies for Ravindra Jadeja. Now this is a joke New Zealand and West Indies gave us a run for a money. I agree that they played good in some sessions. But to say they gave run for money is really ludicrous. Whether Sachin should have retired just after world cup is a different story.

I admit that Azhar was a good captain but India missing player like him as captain? I doubt it. He couldn't make India win a world cup in two chances. Also made a stupid decision of batting second in a crucial semi final match against Sri Lanka knowing very well that it's a relaid pitch.
Regarding Ranji -

Regarding Dinda -
He is one of those enthu bowlers who seem to focus less on length and seam and more on pace. Once he realizes what his priorities should be, we could expect a good medium fast bowler.
You said Pace? What kind of pace are we talking about here? I can understand someone who bowls around 140 Kmph trying to reduce his speed to focus on line and length.
Dinda seems like Tino Best, all energy and no brain. Once he realizes his strengths & weaknesses he can be an asset to the team.
Agree with you here.
I am getting a feeling, India will do well to take a leaf out of Pataudi's book - you play your 04 best bowlers regardless of whether they bowl pace or spin. ATM, we have much better pace bowlers, need to prepare tracks that suite them.
If they start preparing tracks that suit pace bowlers then India will be whitewashed in all the series.
After watching last few ~15-20 overs in today's match, I started to think whether this match was fixed or not. :|
Or may be that just me.
Match fixed? For what how can a 3 match series in which one team already has won the series be fixed? I can understand if it was tied 1-1

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't remember the Common Wealth Series played in Australia in 2003. Do you? There was a series in 1996 I think wherein India found it difficult to even quality for a tri-series final involving South Africa and Zimbabwe Because of Sachin's century India made it to the Finals. You are talking about performance for the past 1 and half year of a career spanning 23years? Did you check Rohit Sharma how he has been doing for the past one year same applies for Ravindra Jadeja. Now this is a joke New Zealand and West Indies gave us a run for a money. I agree that they played good in some sessions. But to say they gave run for money is really ludicrous. Whether Sachin should have retired just after world cup is a different story.

What's the point of 23 years of history if it is not good for today and may be even tomorrow? And nowhere I have said Rohit Sharma & Jadeja (include Piyush Chawla too) should be in the team, frankly they should not be considered even in future regardless of their performance, better to move on.

If they start preparing tracks that suit pace bowlers then India will be whitewashed in all the series.

So you are buying to the argument put forward by our cricketers that they are losing because of unhelpful pitches? LOL, even after the England series, people are living in a state of self-denial. This team is finished, as long as you carry on the old baggage, there's no hope. Also, most of the current players have won everything - T20 WC, ODI WC & no. 1 in Tests - there's little to achieve for these guys apart from making money in IPL.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Match fixed? For what how can a 3 match series in which one team already has won the series be fixed? I can understand if it was tied 1-1

1. One of the akmal brothers got sumped of Sir RJ's bownling, which looked like a fools work.
2. Hafeez tried to paddle sweep (not regular sweep) ever after knowing that there was leg slip in place. No other batsmen would try to play paddle when leg slip in place unless he is trying to throw his wicket away.
3. Saw that run out at last and that semi run out? In both the cases they were almost at the same end.
4. Misbah played too slowly even after spinners came on. Wired.
5. Hafeez hit 2 boundaries in that 49th over? Why? cause some people like me could easily infer that there is something going on in that match other than cricket. A team won't even try to win? That's why, I think he hit those two boundaries before playing a chip shot through mid-wicket region (manned) and getting out.
And talking about series result, it doesn't matter. Public memory is too short. India won last match in an emphatic fashion and thanks to that some people will forget about the result of previous matches, and selectors can retain most of the team (which, they already have done) for the next series saying that the same 11 won last match.

I know, my thinking is silly, but, it does make some sense..

Dude don't say like this. Just look at his ranji figure. Even Ricky Ponting and Sourav Ganguly said he is terrific bowler.

I dunno what was the quality of ranji before, but prsently, ranji is a LOL cricket competition. Dead pitches in most of the cases with virtually no bounce. Seriouly? Bowlers like Dinda getting addicted to bowling short, just to get desirable bounce. Batsmen on the other hand tend to play without any feet moment cause there is no swing, not even with new ball. Result? They stand & play like T20 cricket.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Bro after tendulkar wo josh nahi raha ...Kohli is great cricketer but bad character ... no one to get inspiration from

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Bro after tendulkar wo josh nahi raha ...Kohli is great cricketer but bad character ... no one to get inspiration from

He was not bad today , he didn't speak anything bad when he got his hundred or did any such actions while celebrating ,lately his attitude has become more positive , but that thing he does when he gets out (the sense of disbelief) is not good to watch ... I still think its too early to compare Kohli to the Master !