guys recommend a GSM phone..
1.with Wifi hotspot..
2.HSPA+
3.battery life..
4.preferable android..smart
5. upto 15000/=
thanks..

Moto G Dual 16GB

Check local stores its not EXCLUSIVE on Flipkart anymore.

Grand 3 :shock: :grin:

Get the Grand 2 for:
1.Very good camera.
2.Good display.
3.Good hardware.
4.Samsung's usefull/unecessary softwares.
5.Better updates (atleast you will get 4.4 for sure)

Watch some gaming review and camera comparison on youtube and decide on your own :)

>You didnt used spoiler properly :lol:

1.Agree.
2.Good?
3.For 23K its not "good" hardware.
4.Most likely Unnecessary... @samsung learn something from motorola and keep your SPECIAL apps optional.
5.doubtful! in how many years?

kaz

right here
Re: Mobile Buying Guide

1.Agree.
2.Good?
3.For 23K its not "good" hardware.
4.Most likely Unnecessary... @samsung learn something from motorola and keep your SPECIAL apps optional.
5.doubtful! in how many years?
Yup good display, its not always the ppi that matters, compare it with other 4.5" HD screen (Moto G or N4's 4.7") and you will see which produces better colors.. Updates won't be delayed that much atleast 4.4 because Grand 1 got 4.2 within months after it was launched with 4.1
To be honest it outperforms N4 in lots of aspects and just for updates people say N4 is great @22k :| so is Grand 2 atleast in my opinion

And those unnecessary apps are sometimes useful indeed.. We have seen LG and Sony trying hard to copy the multiwindow feature..And LG finally imitated in the G Flex :D

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz

will a higher clocked Snapdragon S4 Pro (2 X Krait) perform better than a lower clocked Snapdragon 400 (4 X Cortex A7).

What i want to compare is the performance of Xperia SP vs the Moto G

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

will a higher clocked Snapdragon S4 Pro (2 X Krait) perform better than a lower clocked Snapdragon 400 (4 X Cortex A7).

you won't miss much if you choose G over SP. read more here: Motorola Moto G Review. S4 Pro powered device is the HTC One Mini. SP should perform marginally better due to the higher clock.

anky

Youngling

my friend is having xperia Sp and i am having moto g..and what i have seen is moto g is, in fact faster in real life usage.Multitasking and web browsing etc..maybe because of stock android or software optimizations by moto.

amjath

Human Spambot

my friend is having xperia Sp and i am having moto g..and what i have seen is moto g is, in fact faster in real life usage.Multitasking and web browsing etc..maybe because of stock android or software optimizations by moto.

This. no ifs no maybes, stock android ftw

BruteForce

Right off the assembly line

You can include the Htc 8X in WP 2nd category. Its price has dropped significantly and it already has GDR3 along with 720p screen and 1gb ram

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz

stock android means, android minus the bloatware. Right?

Does the bloatware that most phones have pre-installed affect the performance. i have a galaxy s i9000 (2+ years old) with loads of bloatware. the performance i know is not up-to today's standards. but still it hangs and i have to reboot it pretty much every day. plus the apps i open close on their own after a few seconds. Does Stock android have advantage here?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Does the bloatware that most phones have pre-installed affect the performance. i have a galaxy s i9000 (2+ years old) with loads of bloatware. the performance i know is not up-to today's standards. but still it hangs and i have to reboot it pretty much every day. plus the apps i open close on their own after a few seconds. Does Stock android have advantage here?

Yes, the resources saved after chopping off bloatwares indeed helps in making the system run smooth.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

must be running on stock 2.3. issue with lag and performance drop exist with current gen mobiles with extensive theme use + bloatware when powered by weak processor (GPU is the culprit) + less amount of ram. flagship can easily handle the added apps but midrange mobiles powered by weak processor with same amount of theming takes the beating.

and android 4.4 can't save these mobiles because Google optimized android services, but nothing can be done to the themes + bloats. they'll hog the system irrespective of the OS.

You can include the Htc 8X in WP 2nd category. Its price has dropped significantly and it already has GDR3 along with 720p screen and 1gb ram

it was there but removed as it has disappeared from most online stores after the pricecut.

GayleShier

Broken In
Re: Mobile Reference Guide: January 2012

just an ask from me .. within the range of the 10-15k, i am finding the Lenovo 820 the best choice .. what would you sat on it .. shud i go for it ?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: Mobile Reference Guide: January 2012

just an ask from me .. within the range of the 10-15k, i am finding the Lenovo 820 the best choice .. what would you sat on it .. shud i go for it ?

1st choice should be Moto G 16GB. Go for Lenovo/Gionee only if you find 13GB (thats the accessible memory for G) too less for your need or don't want to wait for 16GB to be back in stock.

Niilesh

Padawan

Guys gonna buy a mobile tomorrow for my mom. price range is 30-35K
I am confused between Xperia z1 and LG G2. please advise.

Last edited:

john117

Broken In

I need a backup phone for around 2k to under 4k,with keypad.A radio and a camera are required(though however bad the camera maybe).I am inclined towards the Nokias,and first thought of going for either the nokia 112 or the 114,i see that the nokia 206 is about 1000rupees more over the nokia114 and has much lower SAR ratings plus a 1.3mp camera.
Is the Nokia 206 worth the extra cost?

satinder

DELHIITE

You can go for Nokia 206.
Nokia 206 is certainly a better phone with Big Display,
Radio is good, Internal Memory - 64MB, etc. are good.

Check all these three mobiles side by side comparison here:
Nokia 206 vs Nokia 112 vs Nokia 114: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

Top Bottom