The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: January 2013

But the price of Xperia P is more than L9 and S Advance.
yes..it is actually slightly overpriced..may be coz u getting those additional advantages as said in previous post..so the cost might be slightly higher..or may be sony picked up 3rd spot in smartphone market having great sells records of 2012 xperia line-up..so the marketing gimmicks..still definitely overpriced..should below 20k..

whats your opinion with HTC One S.
P.S.- Sadly it doesn't has the S4 processor and Adreno 225 GPU in India :cry:
bro, if One S is in ur mind, then don't look out for other three phones..even though the Indian version One S is consisting of overclocked snapdragon s3 based SOC, it is still way better than L9, S Advanced or XP..and as Sam said, it will receive JP update before XP..it might get JB 4.2 or KLP as well..XP or L9 may not receive further updates..S advance is out of question..

Whats your take on Xperia P's battery life ? Does it lass 24hrs with min. data and few photos and gaming? Or I will have to get something like this also :Nokia DC-16 Charger - Nokia: Flipkart.com

battery is definitely poor as far as the provided screen resolution is concerned..but not that pathetic..u will get a day backup for sure with moderate usage..it's honestly in ur hand how to deal with apps..u can do many tweakings to save ur battery..still it's always good to have travel charger if u r out of town..:)

anoop.kumar

Right off the assembly line

ppi of A110 is not extremely low but 200+ is always better.

I can bet iball will never release any update. A110 may receive Android 4.1 update but chances are slim at best.

I think Andi is a heavy mobile - I read that it weighs 160 gm. For the past few days, I have been visiting different mobile shops to get a real life feel of Andi but unfortunately, the phone is not available with most local stores.

Meanwhile, I came across Zopo ZP800.

Do you think Zopo ZP800 will be released in India any time soon? The specs look really tempting - 5 Inch HD Screen (QHD, 1280*720 pixel display), MT6589 1.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB ROM, 13MP rear camera + 2MP front camera. Do you think it will come with JB preloaded?

For this spec, I am ready to spend 15K. Now my dilemma is whether to wait till February first week to see if any quad core phone gets launched in 15K price bracket, or go ahead and buy Andi 4.5h now.

Anil.2705

Broken In

check the blog from where you downloaded the data. If it says QVGA, then its not for you. You need data for HVGA resolution.

my phone resolution is 240*320
then dont i need qvga resolution games?

kaz

right here

yes..it is actually slightly overpriced..may be coz u getting those additional advantages as said in previous post..so the cost might be slightly higher..or may be sony picked up 3rd spot in smartphone market having great sells records of 2012 xperia line-up..so the marketing gimmicks..still definitely overpriced..should below 20k..
But it has a 8mp camera too and 20k phones are having 5mp only so the price is justified. Also the screen is Good.
And thanks for the Infos :)

Will let you all know after my friend gets his first droid ;)

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes

But it has a 8mp camera too and 20k phones are having 5mp only so the price is justified. Also the screen is Good.
And thanks for the Infos :)

Will let you all know after my friend gets his first droid ;)

Sure :)

mitraark

Decrepit

Hey i bought the LG Optimus L9 for 18k yesterday, although i will be honest here that i know almost nothing about Android but the phone played a 1080p 350 MB 4 minute music video on the stock player without any lag, maybe that should tell us about the decent amount of power it packs.

kaz

right here

Hey i bought the LG Optimus L9 for 18k yesterday, although i will be honest here that i know almost nothing about Android but the phone played a 1080p 350 MB 4 minute music video on the stock player without any lag, maybe that should tell us about the decent amount of power it packs.

Congo bro!!!!!!
how's the camera quality? And in low light?

mitraark

Decrepit

Congo bro!!!!!!
how's the camera quality? And in low light?

I really cannot comment, i previously owned a Nokia N73 which was terrible in low light, L9 has quite decent shots at low light, but i have no idea how other current phones perform in that department.

rohit0571

Journeyman

How is Lenovo A60+ and Swingtel Hellotab Mini SX3 Smartphone as compared to Karbonn A15

and

Air Tyme Picaso as compared to Karbonn A5+ as these are coming very low in HS18 deals as they seem better....?

AirTyme Picasso Price, Reviews, Specifications & Features - 91mobiles.com

Lenovo A60+ Android Mobile Phone - Black . Buy Best Lenovo A60+ Android Mobile Phone - Black at Lowest Price Online

Swingtel Hellotab Mini SX3 Smartphone - Black . Buy Best Swingtel Hellotab Mini SX3 Smartphone - Black at Lowest Price Online

rohit0571

Journeyman

How is Lenovo A60+ and Swingtel Hellotab Mini SX3 Smartphone as compared to Karbonn A15

and

Air Tyme Picaso as compared to Karbonn A5+ as these are coming very low in HS18 deals as they seem better....?

AirTyme Picasso Price, Reviews, Specifications & Features - 91mobiles.com

Lenovo A60+ Android Mobile Phone - Black . Buy Best Lenovo A60+ Android Mobile Phone - Black at Lowest Price Online

Swingtel Hellotab Mini SX3 Smartphone - Black . Buy Best Swingtel Hellotab Mini SX3 Smartphone - Black at Lowest Price Online

Kya baat hai, nobody knows about these mobiles?

anoop.kumar

Right off the assembly line

After days of futile search, I have given up chasing the elusive Andi 4.5h. If it is this hard to find the phone in brick and mortar stores, I can’t even imagine what the service back up will be.

While searching or alternatives, I came across Huawei Ascend G-600. At 15K pre order price, it does almost all the Andi 4.5 does and then some. I think I will wait till G-600 hit the local stores (and secretly hoping that the D2 will also get launched soon).

pratyush997

Inactive

@Sam Which is better?
Huawei Ascend G300 or Huawei IDEOS X5 ?
Which is better on the basis of performance
Any known issues?
I'll be flashing it to CM 9/10 on the first day of purchase :D

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@Sam Which is better?
Huawei Ascend G300 or Huawei IDEOS X5 ?
Which is better on the basis of performance
Any known issues?
I'll be flashing it to CM 9/10 on the first day of purchase :D

X5 Pro unless you want the 0.3" extra display.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

any known issues ?
:)

and just found that this was launched 2 years back so... can't decide :(

never heard of any.
X5 U8800 was launched 2yr back. X5 U8800 pro (processor upgrade, everything same) was launched a year back and now ships with Android 4.0 out of box.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Comment on Karbon A1 +. Looking forward to buy this phone for secondary use. I think this is best phone in this Rs3650 price range. One more any good call recording android app which will work with this phone.

Top Bottom