The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

souviktox

Right off the assembly line
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: January 2013

even my friend complain the same that battery backup is less than satisfactory. but 1500mah battery should be more than enough to get it ticking through the day.

@Sam
I have been following this forum from the end of the last year and very much helpful in choosing a proper mobile phone, however I still got little bit of dilemma,
I've used Galaxy Y for a year or so and then sold it for various reasons like lagging, improper visibility, phone used to hang a lot and mainly I didn't like the user interface of that mobile, now I am planning to buy a new model fro my birthday next week only and I have shortlisted Xperia Sola and HTC Desire X and Xperia J , my requirements will be normal usage without any lags and obviously being a touch phone a good resolution, push mails for my corporate mail and personal gmail and fb stuff.....also a little bit of entertainment. I do not opt for video chat though if it comes it will be a better advantage, so what phone do you suggest as my budget is upto 17k.
P.S. Does Xperia Sola has video chat facility via skype of something like that??

Shah

Cyborg Agent

@Sam
I have been following this forum from the end of the last year and very much helpful in choosing a proper mobile phone, however I still got little bit of dilemma,
I've used Galaxy Y for a year or so and then sold it for various reasons like lagging, improper visibility, phone used to hang a lot and mainly I didn't like the user interface of that mobile, now I am planning to buy a new model fro my birthday next week only and I have shortlisted Xperia Sola and HTC Desire X and Xperia J , my requirements will be normal usage without any lags and obviously being a touch phone a good resolution, push mails for my corporate mail and personal gmail and fb stuff.....also a little bit of entertainment. I do not opt for video chat though if it comes it will be a better advantage, so what phone do you suggest as my budget is upto 17k.
P.S. Does Xperia Sola has video chat facility via skype of something like that??

If you want a lag-free phone, get HTC Windows Phone 8S or wait for Nokia Lumia 620.

@Sam

If you want a lag-free phone, get HTC Windows Phone 8S or wait for Nokia Lumia 620.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i'll recommend the same. Nokia Lumia 620. But i doubt if it'll be priced anywhere near Sola/J. More likely priced at 20k. But no harm in waiting.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent

gonna buy Lenovo A60+

is it a good buy ??

sulekha is listing it for 5350 bucks, but it is on preorder :evil:

its on direct purchase on other sites but for much more..

any views ??

hitesh

In the zone

Any decent android (gsm + cdma) in 7k ? Any brand would work

gonna buy Lenovo A60+

is it a good buy ??

sulekha is listing it for 5350 bucks, but it is on preorder :evil:

its on direct purchase on other sites but for much more..

any views ??
Don't you think that's a bad choice ?

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent

^^ because of ???

i'm getting it for 5490 on shopclues..
is the website good ??
any one who has any experience with that ??

on indiatimes , it is for 5890 (on coupon),
should i buy it ??
please suggest guys..
i'm short on time..

vipul619

whodiswhodat

256 RAM - No!

Instead go for the Ideos X5, and if you are really tight on budget, get the Ninja 4.0 A87

souviktox

@Sam
I am not at all interested in Windows phone.....I want android only....that's why, btw is there any possibilities of Sola 2??
or can you refer something with that price range ?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Sam, where can I find the old threads of 'Mobile Buying Guide Nov or Dec 2012'

nowhere. this thread started as January 2012 and is constantly updated. Most of the old devices are still listed. Only really old ones are removed.

@Sam
I am not at all interested in Windows phone.....I want android only....that's why, btw is there any possibilities of Sola 2??

Sola is getting old so there will definitely be an update. So chances are some mobile to replace Sola will appear next month at World Mobile Congress. Under 15k, you can also check Huawei G600. Only mobile with better spec than Sola. Else wait for pricecut on LG L9 or maybe Galaxy S Advanced.

lethalforce

Broken In

hey guys....since samsung has launched samsung galaxy grand in India for rs.21500 do u guys think the price of samsung galaxy s advance will come down from the present 19.5k...??

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent

i'm on a tight budget..
and papa has said "no china, no micromax"
two incidents:
we bought a ZTE clam-shell tata indicom mobile for 2500. it broke (really.. it broke , i mean a small part of the thick plastic case broke , the service centre demanded 4800 for repair saying that the repair parts are not cheap)

and we bought a micromax Q5 , the trackball started creating problems within 3 months of purchase.., the service centre demanded 600 for the repair, saying that micromax does not fund us for the repair, so we have to charge you..

and further, have anyone read reviews for Micromax ninja 4 on flipkart ?
even the most basic feature of the phone (calling) is troublesome..

so..
no ZTE , huawei, micromax.. etc.

thats why i had chosen samsung y duos lite before, but the screen is very small,
lenovo, AFAIK is a good company..
in kolkata, the dealers have the stock but it is for laptop deals.. the mobile is free with purchase of laptops.
he has said that if a customer insists on only laptop, h'll sell the mobile to us..

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Well I order Karbon A+ dual sim phone@3599.10. Once I received the phone will share pro and cons.

anoop.kumar

While I have decided to wait for Huawei ascend d2, I ordered a Micromax Funbook Infinity tab for browsing using wifi and play around with android.

Shibadip

Destined to be the Winner

@Sam

I know it's hard to wait for the phone with ur birthday and all.. but waiting for the WMC will be really a wise decision. However, let me warn u that WMC is kind of like Auto-Expo. the products that are shown in the WMC will take some more months to be readily available in the market!!

Top Bottom