The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

pratyush997

Inactive
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: January 2013

never heard of any.
X5 U8800 was launched 2yr back. X5 U8800 pro (processor upgrade, everything same) was launched a year back and now ships with Android 4.0 out of box.
coool.. Btw any word on JB upgrade?
And any good online deal?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Comment on Karbon A1 +. Looking forward to buy this phone for secondary use. I think this is best phone in this Rs3650 price range. One more any good call recording android app which will work with this phone.

i read somewhere the mobile lags. Why not check Karbonn A2 or Byond B54?

coool.. Btw any word on JB upgrade?
And any good online deal?

Unofficial JB should definitely be possible or already exist. Check XDA. Just check for stable builds. But as it is your first Android, use it with stock rom for a month then upgrade.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

i read somewhere the mobile lags. Why not check Karbonn A2 or Byond B54?

It will cross my budget, I just wanted two thing from this phone call recording via any app and dual sim function. May be going to install few more app for syncing services that all.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

X5 Pro is 3k cheaper than G330. G300/330 is mainly maintained by Modaco forum, not XDA. Both looks good at their own price.

G330 was added the day it went on sale @ FK ;)

anky

Youngling

@sam - in flipkart reviews many users complained about the battery backup of g330..so which is better...g300 or g330..?
i liked 'google' written on back of g300..! :p

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

even my friend complain the same that battery backup is less than satisfactory. but 1500mah battery should be more than enough to get it ticking through the day.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i have in my mind, the idea ivory..

please suggest..

paying 0.3k more you get Videocon A30 with lot better spec. why don't you consider that? And when it comes to reliability, almost all mobiles of Indian brands ship off the same pair of Chinese OEMs.

@Sam Which is the cheapest Droid mobile with 1 gig RAM out there?

don't be so lazy. its right there at first page. And if you are asking about old/outdated mobiles thats been removed, then it is i guess Atrix 2 which cost same as LG L9.

pratyush997

Inactive

don't be so lazy. its right there at first page. And if you are asking about old/outdated mobiles thats been removed, then it is i guess Atrix 2 which cost same as LG L9.
That's what I was asking :|

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

That's what I was asking :|

in fact L9 & Atrix 2 have surprising similar spec. with L9 downgrading the camera (but retaining the 1080p recording capabilities) and increasing screen size (yet retaining same qHD resolution). and lastly, Atrix 2 "may" get Android 4.1 before L9 (i'll say "if" L9 ever receives any update) despite being discontinued.

amjath

Human Spambot

xolo x900 is a good choice too but not sure about getting JB
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

L9 has a sub-forum already in xda so if you can get L9 get it.Forget about LG updating it :D

Optimus L9 P760, P765, P768, P769 Android Development - xda-developers
But i don't why they din't update their list in XDA L9 has to searched

Sam why not linking phone name to reviews in Digit/digit forum?

pratyush997

Inactive

Why these Companies Discontinue good budget phones and launch the ones which Specs lower than the previous one (Somewhat)

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Sam why not linking phone name to reviews in Digit/digit forum?

sarath created an index thread but i guess been ages since it was last updated.

Why these Companies Discontinue good budget phones and launch the ones which Specs lower than the previous one (Somewhat)

cost cutting. royalty to ARM, smaller silicon die, less complicated fabrication, less power requirements, etc.

Top Bottom