The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

sushovan

In the zone
Re: Mobile Buying Guide

Windows Phones arent laggy because there is no app available for them which will cause the lags :p :-D

ankush28

Bazinga

under 15k, this mobile is hard to beat. Gionee Elife E5 has similar hardware but bumps the internal memory to 16GB and cost 2k more. Else Sony Xperia L.
+1 for Gionee Elife E5 (wth indians consider Gionee as crap brand)
Windows Phones arent laggy because there is no app available for them which will cause the lags :p :-D

Lol true, WP failed to get good dev support

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Lol true, WP failed to get good dev support
So Xperia M Dual is better in terms of dev support compared to Nokia 620 right. I mean even in performance & battery backup if Xperia M Dual is better then I will surely go for it. Please advise in this regard.

ankush28

Bazinga

So Xperia M Dual is better in terms of dev support compared to Nokia 620 right. I mean even in performance & battery backup if Xperia M Dual is better then I will surely go for it. Please advise in this regard.

For dev support android is open source so obviously android>WP.
Yes M dual is good to go...
Not sure but M dual is getting 4.3 update by feb14

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Thanks Sam..

i was following ur tread. it says Dual krait processor is good for gaming Compare to Mediatek .. so i plan to go for Sony M dual or L .

Sony M Dual could be a good choice ???

go for XL as it is available for 15-16k. limited internal memory in case of M Dual won't help. Also Mediatek has same chipset with different config (look for M, T as suffix) with varying level of gaming performance.

there is nothing like DEV support in WP. You get timely update for the current OS (WP8) but chance or getting WP9 whenever it gets launched is basically nil. With Android, even a last gen Nexus can't dream of timely updates but if your mobile has a good base with hardworking DEVs, you'll get OS update for anything like 2yr or more irrespective of how weak the hardware is.

first priority for Gionee is after sale service. If they follow HTC's footstep of outsourcing the service to a 3rd party, they are asking for trouble.

ankush28

Bazinga

there is nothing like DEV support in WP. You get timely update for the current OS (WP8) but chance or getting WP9 whenever it gets launched is basically nil. With Android, even a last gen Nexus can't dream of timely updates but if your mobile has a good base with hardworking DEVs, you'll get OS update for anything like 2yr or more irrespective of how weak the hardware is.

He he I earlier post BY "dev" support, I was talking about games, apps and customs :))
WP has very less support from app developers

ankush28

Bazinga

MMX canvas magnus vs Xperia l which one is best.

Go for xperia L...
Just avoid MMX it is crap and piece of sh!t....
If you can then why not grab a good, branded, reliable phone.

MMX after sales service is just ZERO(and yes, you will surely face problems in 6months)

sushovan

In the zone

Does anyone have any info if Huawei is launching Honor 2 in India anytime soon? I see The phone in upcoming list for a month now :p Huawei Honor 2 Best Price in India 2013, Specifications & Review After all, they have launched P1 here after 14 months of global launch so we can hope for this VFM phone too.

Debu_013

Freshly Churned Chutny :)

A really good, new option at the 5-10k range is Gionee Pioneer P2.
Android 4.2
4" IPS Screen 480x800 pixels
5MP fixed focus camera with LED flash
512MB RAM
4GB internal
Mediatek MT6572, 1.3Ghz Coretx A7 Dual core processor, based on 28nm architecture
Mail-400 graphics
Front VGA camera
All for <6k!!
I ordered one, will get it soon, and then will post my review.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone

Let me know how this Gionee fares. I've known this for some time but don't really have anyone around me using it. Post your review, especially the after sales support

Debu_013

Freshly Churned Chutny :)

Sure, somehow Gionee inspired some amount of confidence. Also, their website lists plenty of service centers, in each city!
Dont know how efficient they will be, but I definitely would like for the situation to not arise! :p

sushovan

In the zone

Congrats for your purchase and eagerly waiting for the review of an original chinese phone :)

TechnoHolic

Journeyman

I'll buy P2 very soon, played Dead Trigger on my cousins handset and the experience was super smooth not a single lag..

Shah

Cyborg Agent

@sam in post #7, BB Q5 link is wrong. It is directed to Lumia 820's page

harish82

Broken In

Hi Sam, I am looking for an Android in 7-11k range , 4-4.3 screen and good camera. I have narrowed down to following choices based on your guide : (Also mentioned my doubts with each option)
1) Xperia M : Heard of not good camera. Is the camera that bad?
2) Panasonic T11 : Configuration looks good , but afraid of the new entrant Panasonic and its A.S.S.
3) Xolo Q700 : Has 4.5' screen which putting me off.

Please suggest your idea and also suggest if there is any other phone apart from this. Thanks :)

Top Bottom